2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello, I just sent my AOS package and getting ready to prepare the IV package. I am the petitioner and will be bringing my wife. It says, "Complete one copy of this form for yourself and each member of your family, who will immigrate with you.

Does that mean I have to fill one out for me then one for my wife or is the DS-230 just for my immigrating wife?

My wife is pregnant but she will have the baby about a month from now and I'll be giving my daughter god willing the citizenship. So I'm guessing theres no need to do a DS-230 for my daughter.

For address, if I'm filling out for my wife, I am living with her do I put that we are living in the same address and then put the California address where I plan on living or is it better ot put my address is in California???

Also is there anyway to get back my original documents I sent to the USCIS so I can use those for the DS-230??

Its hard to get those originals again here in Egypt...

01-11-2013- I-30 Filed

01-16-2013- NOA1

XX-XX-XXXX- NOA2

Answer the DS-230 as if it is being filled out by the BENEFICIARY. It is supposed to be filled out by the beneficiary, anyway, not by you. If the baby will be accompanying her, you should probably add an accompanying sheet explaining that she is now pregnant, and the baby will be accompanying her.

You should not have sent original documents to the USCIS. The instructions do not request them. They will not return them to you unless you file another expensive form and request their return, which will take many weeks to process, and once the USCIS do return them, they will not have copies of them in your file. It will likely be faster to request new copies.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.