ANAMICAA

POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE FROM CHENNAI

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

I registered on the Chennai Regional Passport website and submitted the form online for PCC and also uploaded he supporting documents. Scanned passport first two pages and last two pages, birth ceritificate and uploaded the document. Then printed out the Receipt. Then tried to get appointment but it was not easy. So please DO NOT waste your time to get an appointment. For PCC you DONT NEED APPOINTMENT. My daughter went directly to the passport office in Tambaram, that is where the crowd is less and she took passport copy, drivers license, school certificate, bank passbook copy, as much evidence to your prove your address, then she paid 500 fees and got the PCC. I was very easy process. So you dont need an appointment. Go directly to the passport office and get the PCC. Take a print out of the proof that you submitted the application online.

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

Thank you for your information. This is very useful. My fiance is preparing her paperwork and this information very helpful. May I ask how long it took to get the certificate? The Passport office website states the certificate will be issue the same day. Is this true in your case? And did the passport office ask for an official request for Police Clearance Certificate from the concerned embassy?

Thanks,

Visu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

What is the procedure for obtaining PCC from a place where you stayed a couple of years back, but are now resident in a different city? What all documents would be required to be submitted?

It is not required. You only need one PCC from your current resident even you lived for longer period in other states/cities.

XrVRp5.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It is not required. You only need one PCC from your current resident even you lived for longer period in other states/cities.

Great. Are you very sure?

What about the certificate from the local police authority? Is that also not required, or is it required if the passport issue date is within the past 6 months or so?

Also, what if you got your passport from place X but are now permanently resident at place Y?

Can you please provide me a link to an official source which would answer these questions specifically?

Timeline

Great. Are you very sure?

What about the certificate from the local police authority? Is that also not required, or is it required if the passport issue date is within the past 6 months or so?

Also, what if you got your passport from place X but are now permanently resident at place Y?

Can you please provide me a link to an official source which would answer these questions specifically?

Yes, I am sure! :-)

I do not have any official link for these info, but I can share my personal experience.

My passport was issued from State A ( My hometown ), then moved to State B and spent 6+ months then moved to State C ( Chennai, TN ). I applied for PCC from Chennai using my State A issued passport. I was not required to collect any PCC from local police station. No other PCC from State A and State B. All I got 1 PCC from Chennai PSK. That is it.

XrVRp5.png

Timeline

I do not have any official link for these info, but I can share my personal experience.

My passport was issued from State A ( My hometown ), then moved to State B and spent 6+ months then moved to State C ( Chennai, TN ). I applied for PCC from Chennai using my State A issued passport. I was not required to collect any PCC from local police station. No other PCC from State A and State B. All I got 1 PCC from Chennai PSK. That is it.

how much time did Chennai PSK take to issue your PCC? Did they wait for a report from State A and State B?

Timeline

how much time did Chennai PSK take to issue your PCC? Did they wait for a report from State A and State B?

It took less than 4 hours to get PCC. They did not wait for a report from State A and B. I guess they checked the records online. I believe records are checked nationwide.

XrVRp5.png

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your valuabe information. :)

Just want to confirm my situation with you, as I'm also going thru the same confusion:

Basically I'm from Ahmedabad - Gujarat and since last 3 years I'm living in Hyderabad - AP. My consulate is Mumbai.

As per NVC guildelines, I've got the PCC from Hyderabad RPO (got both the PCC and it's Endorsement Entry in my Passport), and then went to Ahmedabad RPO to get a PCC from them, but they told me that there is no need to have another PCC as I've already given one by the Hyderabad RPO. They said it's enough for USA visa, and the Indian Government don't issue another PCC unless the current one is expired. (means there is no chance that I will have both PCC's at the same time!).

So I've submitted my Civil Documents to NVC on 26th July 2013 along with Hyderabad RPO PCC. But didn't heard anything from them as of now.

It would be very helpful if you can advice if I'm on the right track or not.

Thanks,

Mr. Shah

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your valuabe information. :)

Just want to confirm my situation with you, as I'm also going thru the same confusion:

Basically I'm from Ahmedabad - Gujarat and since last 3 years I'm living in Hyderabad - AP. My consulate is Mumbai.

As per NVC guildelines, I've got the PCC from Hyderabad RPO (got both the PCC and it's Endorsement Entry in my Passport), and then went to Ahmedabad RPO to get a PCC from them, but they told me that there is no need to have another PCC as I've already given one by the Hyderabad RPO. They said it's enough for USA visa, and the Indian Government don't issue another PCC unless the current one is expired. (means there is no chance that I will have both PCC's at the same time!).

So I've submitted my Civil Documents to NVC on 26th July 2013 along with Hyderabad RPO PCC. But didn't heard anything from them as of now.

It would be very helpful if you can advice if I'm on the right track or not.

Thanks,

Mr. Shah

So, have you got any communication from NVC by now, Mr Shah?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.