RobertDski

Manila Appointment Under New System

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone been to the Manila Embassy since the new appointment system went into effect? I have an appointment for June 04, in which I want to do a DCF of Form i-130 for my wife-I will have been here two years at that point and we will have been married two years on June 16. I have studied the website and have all documents in order. My appointment letter said, "speak to immigration officer." There were no subject checkboxes or place or opportunity to specify the nature of the visit. So, I am assuming (perhaps wrong of me) that I can file our DCF then. Anybody one that yet? I do have some other questions:

1. What currency or form of payment is used for the $420 fee? Can I use a debit card? I assume pesos are acceptable if they accept or require cash.

2. I have specific questions about later documents, will I have an opportunity to ask them?

It feels good to start, though I hope we do not get crushed and shuffle to the back when all of the former illegals began their processing. Thanks robertDsi

Just select 'speak to an immigration officer', and select your date and time, print it off and take it with you. The guard out front will look at it and let you into the regular line. Then you will pass several security checkpoints and enter the embassy. Then you will be directed to window 25 to wait for your name to be called in alphabetical order and in appointment time sequence. Others without an appointment will be called via a number system given to them at the main entrance.

Pay with US dollars or Philippine Pesos. I think I saw a sign no checks and credit card I do not know. I paid with US dollars.

The embassy lady that I spoke with at the window was very professional and polite. She answered all of my questions. I wrote my questions down so that I would not forget them.

There is a wealth of information here on this site. Take some time and search the Philippine portal and read the all the guides listed, print or save them and take notes.

Edited by Mojoe1

You can pay with major credit cards, I used my Bank of america debit card.

08/22/12: Married in Korea

12/21/12: Filed I-130 in US Embassy Manila

01/30/13: I-130 Approved

02/04/13: Case number received, interview scheduled

03/08/13: St. Luke's Medical done

04/02/13: Interview us embassy manila, Approved!

Has anyone been to the Manila Embassy since the new appointment system went into effect? I have an appointment for June 04, in which I want to do a DCF of Form i-130 for my wife-I will have been here two years at that point and we will have been married two years on June 16. I have studied the website and have all documents in order. My appointment letter said, "speak to immigration officer." There were no subject checkboxes or place or opportunity to specify the nature of the visit. So, I am assuming (perhaps wrong of me) that I can file our DCF then. Anybody one that yet? I do have some other questions:

1. What currency or form of payment is used for the $420 fee? Can I use a debit card? I assume pesos are acceptable if they accept or require cash.

2. I have specific questions about later documents, will I have an opportunity to ask them?

It feels good to start, though I hope we do not get crushed and shuffle to the back when all of the former illegals began their processing. Thanks robertDsi

You will not be speaking to an immigration officer, you need to make your appointment with the USCIS, that is where you give them the I-130. The USCIS and the Immigration Office are 2 different places.They will look over your documents and tell you on the spot if they need anything else. Paying with a debit card is ok.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.