degreeofhope

How to address these 2 redflags?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife and I have known each other for about 2 years. I've been back to VN to see her 4 times in that time span. My finance is pretty strong. I've made over $100K a year in the last 3 years as an engineer.

We were never married before. Each trip I'd been back, I took her to Cambodia(angkor wat), thailand, singapore, Mui Ne, Halong bay, Hoi An, Hanoi. We talked on the phone everyday, we kept ALL records and photos.

So i'm confident our case is pretty strong.

However, there is a couple red flags.

My first trip, we spent two weeks together, but we never traveled to her hometown to meet her parents. She worked in HCM city, so I met her there. Her hometown is in central VN.

I proposed to her over the phone two months later. And another two months later I made my second trip to VN to marry her.

On this second trip, we traveled to her hometown to meet her parents, and a week later, we signed marriage paper at the city hall in front of her parents.

So the FIRST red flag is, I met her parents for the first time and signed the marriage paper with their daughter a week later on the same trip. We just had a big wedding with over 250 guests last month in her hometown.

The SECOND red flag is, my wife has a sister in the US, and the sister doesn't have a US citizenship yet. Her sister and I lived in different states. So I dont know how the visa interviewer would react.

My wife and I have known each other for about 2 years. I've been back to VN to see her 4 times in that time span. My finance is pretty strong. I've made over $100K a year in the last 3 years as an engineer.

We were never married before. Each trip I'd been back, I took her to Cambodia(angkor wat), thailand, singapore, Mui Ne, Halong bay, Hoi An, Hanoi. We talked on the phone everyday, we kept ALL records and photos.

So i'm confident our case is pretty strong.

However, there is a couple red flags.

My first trip, we spent two weeks together, but we never traveled to her hometown to meet her parents. She worked in HCM city, so I met her there. Her hometown is in central VN.

I proposed to her over the phone two months later. And another two months later I made my second trip to VN to marry her.

On this second trip, we traveled to her hometown to meet her parents, and a week later, we signed marriage paper at the city hall in front of her parents.

So the FIRST red flag is, I met her parents for the first time and signed the marriage paper with their daughter a week later on the same trip. We just had a big wedding with over 250 guests last month in her hometown.

The SECOND red flag is, my wife has a sister in the US, and the sister doesn't have a US citizenship yet. Her sister and I lived in different states. So I dont know how the visa interviewer would react.

Honestly I don't see any red flags. Your case is solid. Make sure your wife lists out she has a sister in the U.S. And at the interview (if you are there) make sure you can answer question about her sister such as: her name, her address, whether she is married...and your wife needs to know everything about you in the U.S.

Good luck with your journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.