O&Z

In AP from Montreal Consulate - anyone else?

106 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

nabdelwa, on the other note, i realized the dos inquiry line is not accurate except Sarah's information. She is helpful, patient, professional and thoughtful. She is an amazing person to speak to. When you get anxious and nervous, just to hear her voice will calm you down so much. She also offers the best quality of service and the great deal of the information on where your case is at and how soon you will be able to get out of it.

Thanks Sarah for the information. I think AP varies based on individual cases. Hopefully our cases will be approved soon

I am so confused about the status change, in my case it changes every time an inquiry is submitted to the consulate. I talked to a DOS rep. and she said that they only update the status every time they answer an email.

Mehr, any updates yet?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sarah - can i say i love you? lol

i've been furisouly trying to find some way to track all the AP cases, but i can't seem to figure it out.

and most of them are not from Canada, so I haven't had much headway.

i feel like a stalker lol

anyways, as Nabdelwa said - the only time we had a date change was when there had been an inquiry from us or senator.

it still says AP, but it was encouraging that a date changed without us doing anything.

that was May 13th and then again on May 14th. nothing else yet.

i'm just going to be delusional and pretend that it's a good sign, but your words def encourage me! sometimes it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

may I ask if you are in AP yourself and for how long?

best of luck for all of us!!!

I have been tracking 50 AP cases in the last few weeks, and there are 10 cases approved in the last two weeks. It is great news and hopefully all of APers get out of AP sooner than later.

were those AP cases from Canada? Montreal?

A positive indication of approval is that your status is changing frequently, every few days.

Sarah at DOS has been excellent on updating your status. I have talked to 20+ representatives. She is the only one who can tell me what is really going on. All other representatives have only one phrase "still under AP, call back later, we will be happy to check for you again."

thanks for that information. i actually stopped calling because I was scared it would negatively impact our case.

i know it's through the phone and electronic, but i got scared that if they 'pulled the file - it'll be put to the bottom" as an attorney told me earlier. so i've shut up after that lol.

Timeline

also the only other case i have to compare to is my husband's parents . they were naturalized Canadians.

hubby is Canadian born.

the two of them went thru AP in 2011 when they finally got their greencard.

their AP was done in 9 weeks.

now i'm an idiot but how do 2 ppl get 'checked' and all that jazz and one person takes 20 some week?

i know it's because of his name, but still. i really wish he had another name lol.

he tells me he doesn't want me to change my last name and says he should change his to my last name because we might have less change of being discriminated against in the future lol. so sad.

ugh. anyways, i'm gonna be quiet now lol.

ranting33va.gif

Edited by zubi2lute

I guess Sarah at DOS loves everyone of us. Sarah speaks with patience and kindness and you can feel she is different than other representatives.

I think you should be very close now. If you do get a hold of Sarah, she will tell you exactly where you are, most likely.

I am in AP for almost 2 months now, still waiting but Sarah said it should be any day now. My husband's visa has been issued and he already picked up his passport with immigrant visa. His wait time was 45 days. His visa was issued a week ago.

My husband called DOS very often, everyday. Some times, a few times a day.

Sarah - can i say i love you? lol

i've been furisouly trying to find some way to track all the AP cases, but i can't seem to figure it out.

and most of them are not from Canada, so I haven't had much headway.

i feel like a stalker lol

anyways, as Nabdelwa said - the only time we had a date change was when there had been an inquiry from us or senator.

it still says AP, but it was encouraging that a date changed without us doing anything.

that was May 13th and then again on May 14th. nothing else yet.

i'm just going to be delusional and pretend that it's a good sign, but your words def encourage me! sometimes it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

may I ask if you are in AP yourself and for how long?

best of luck for all of us!!!

It is difficult to predict the length of time for AP.

For some, it would be only a few days.

For many, it was typically some weeks.

For some, it would be a few months.

For a few, it would be a few years.

The bottom line is, MTL is working on the AP cases on the daily basis. There are probably hundreds of AP cases so far you can imagine how busy the AP officers are working.

Most of the AP cases, to me, will end up with "Issued".

DENIAL is usually given out at the interview.

So in a way, AP is not a bad thing, since it basically means guaranteed "approval". It just matters that how much time it'll take and how complicated each case is.

also the only other case i have to compare to is my husband's parents . they were naturalized Canadians.

hubby is Canadian born.

the two of them went thru AP in 2011 when they finally got their greencard.

their AP was done in 9 weeks.

now i'm an idiot but how do 2 ppl get 'checked' and all that jazz and one person takes 20 some week?

i know it's because of his name, but still. i really wish he had another name lol.

he tells me he doesn't want me to change my last name and says he should change his to my last name because we might have less change of being discriminated against in the future lol. so sad.

ugh. anyways, i'm gonna be quiet now lol.

ranting33va.gif

Timeline

MY STATUS ON CEAC SHOWS ISSUED BUT BELOW THAT THEY ARE SAYING CASE UNDER NECESSARY ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR PASSPORT THROUGH LOOMIS AFTER COMPLETION OF THIS PROCESS

DURING THE INTERVIEW AT MONTREAL on MAY 24,2013 THEY DON'T GIVE ME ANY 221G FORM OR ANYTHING AND THE INTERVIEW OFFICER TOOK MY PASSPORT AND TOLD ME THAT THEY WILL SEND IT IN FEW DAYS.

Any one have any idea about this I am recently reading horrifying stories about ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING.... I AM BORN IN INDIA AND PRESENTLY LIVING IN CANADA(DOES IT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE). Thank you all and best of luck for everyone...

Timeline

MY STATUS ON CEAC SHOWS ISSUED BUT BELOW THAT THEY ARE SAYING CASE UNDER NECESSARY ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR PASSPORT THROUGH LOOMIS AFTER COMPLETION OF THIS PROCESS

DURING THE INTERVIEW AT MONTREAL on MAY 24,2013 THEY DON'T GIVE ME ANY 221G FORM OR ANYTHING AND THE INTERVIEW OFFICER TOOK MY PASSPORT AND TOLD ME THAT THEY WILL SEND IT IN FEW DAYS.

Any one have any idea about this I am recently reading horrifying stories about ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING.... I AM BORN IN INDIA AND PRESENTLY LIVING IN CANADA(DOES IT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE). Thank you all and best of luck for everyone...

I think "issued" means that your visa has been issued. In my case for example, the officer issued 221G form and my status on CEAC shows administrative processing.

Try to call the DOS, they will be able to tell you the status of your visa.

Best of luck.. Congratulations!!

Timeline

I think "issued" means that your visa has been issued. In my case for example, the officer issued 221G form and my status on CEAC shows administrative processing.

Try to call the DOS, they will be able to tell you the status of your visa.

Best of luck.. Congratulations!!

THANKS..

in your case you should be receiving your visa/passport in a few days.

Timeline

Hi all,

Best of wishes to all of you!

My case was under AP for a month now. E1 category. I sent email twice only receive one response, telling me it is in process. I don't know what exactly they are processing and I don't know why it takes so long. The actual work and time they put on each case would be probably less than one day and there might be a huge backlog on all the APed cases. Let's wait and stay positive and hopefully all of you are out of AP in no time. Montreal U.S. consulate doesn't have a telephone and email communication is less efficient. I call DOS everyday and the polite representatives always give me the same answer, still under AP, no idea how long it will take. It is a painful process however, we all hope it ends soon.

Hi NVC, any updates yet?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

any updates yet from anyone else?

i check ceac status daily.

i recently emailed the montreal consulate via facebook and they forwarded it to their immigrant visa unit.

they replied back to me that way, which was kind of nice and more personal i feel.

that resulted in an updated CEAC status date.

i've also recently (2 days ago) sent a letter to my 2 senators, and the white house. I've tried congressman already with no results.

interestingly, i've had updates on june 7 (from FB email), june 12 and now today june 13th.

hope everyone else is doing well!!!!

Timeline

any updates yet from anyone else?

i check ceac status daily.

i recently emailed the montreal consulate via facebook and they forwarded it to their immigrant visa unit.

they replied back to me that way, which was kind of nice and more personal i feel.

that resulted in an updated CEAC status date.

i've also recently (2 days ago) sent a letter to my 2 senators, and the white house. I've tried congressman already with no results.

interestingly, i've had updates on june 7 (from FB email), june 12 and now today june 13th.

hope everyone else is doing well!!!!

Hey All, I hope all is well..

No updates as of yet for me. My wife contacted the senator in her state. His office contacted Montreal consulate. They just said that my case is still undergoing administrative processing..

That’s the last time my case was updated on CEAC (May 23)..

Interesting way of contacting the consulate through FB.. I will try it next time. LOL. How long did it take to reply back?

Timeline

It's been 5 months for me in AP. they kept my passport at the interview and it's still with them mad.gif

My status on CEAC changes when they reply to my emails. last time was 3 days ago.

Mehr, you could request your passport back if you need it.

Almost 5 months for me in AP. You had your interview 10 days ahead of me.

My status never changed unless we contacted the consulate..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.