O&Z

In AP from Montreal Consulate - anyone else?

106 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Zubi2lute.. Any updates yet?

You mentioned that you contacted the Senator, was it helpful?

No updates as of yet :(

Have been checking the CEAC website everyday.

I contacted the congressman and they did contact the consulate because DOS/NVC mentioned that they saw that on our file.

However, the congressman just received a letter from the Montreal consulate that said it's still in processing and they dont know how long it will take. so it was useless.

I did notice that the date on the Last status update was 3/12/13 "administrative processing" and that is a little bit after I contacted the congressman (3/8/13).

Not sure what that means.

how's everything with you?

Timeline

Nothing as of yet for me.. It is so frustrating..

I think they update it each time you inquire about the status of your visa. Mine was updated on April 2nd, the same day they replied back to my email. i received the same answer (still undergoing AP).. In your case, i think they updated it when your congressman contacted them.

I hope this will be over soon..

No updates as of yet :(

Have been checking the CEAC website everyday.

I contacted the congressman and they did contact the consulate because DOS/NVC mentioned that they saw that on our file.

However, the congressman just received a letter from the Montreal consulate that said it's still in processing and they dont know how long it will take. so it was useless.

I did notice that the date on the Last status update was 3/12/13 "administrative processing" and that is a little bit after I contacted the congressman (3/8/13).

Not sure what that means.

how's everything with you?

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

Best of wishes to all of you!

My case was under AP for a month now. E1 category. I sent email twice only receive one response, telling me it is in process. I don't know what exactly they are processing and I don't know why it takes so long. The actual work and time they put on each case would be probably less than one day and there might be a huge backlog on all the APed cases. Let's wait and stay positive and hopefully all of you are out of AP in no time. Montreal U.S. consulate doesn't have a telephone and email communication is less efficient. I call DOS everyday and the polite representatives always give me the same answer, still under AP, no idea how long it will take. It is a painful process however, we all hope it ends soon.

Timeline

zubi2lute and nabdelwa do you have any update on your cases?

I am in AP in Montreal since mid January 2013 (more than 100 days).

hey there.

our interview was 11/29.

i check the CEAC website listed above everyday.

still in AP :(

we applied for CR1 visa, but by the time these guys get around to our visa, it'll prob be an IR1 lol.

Timeline

nope. same here. last update 4/22. i check CEAC website everyday.

will post if/when it is updated.

i'd be great if they would take my biological clock into account :) but i guess this is what we get for doing things the right way. sigh...

AP for 22 weeks now

Timeline

nope. same here. last update 4/22. i check CEAC website everyday.

will post if/when it is updated.

i'd be great if they would take my biological clock into account smile.png but i guess this is what we get for doing things the right way. sigh...

AP for 22 weeks now

I guess we alll in the same boat!!

Did you contact your congressman again?

The only time mine was updated is when i sent an email to the consulate.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

just an update:

so we are still in AP - about 23/24 weeks late.

i check the CEAC website every day (https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==) , the status updated date only changed when either my husband or I or the senator have requested an update.

Interestingly enough, the date changed on may 13 and then again on May 14th without any inquiries. so i'm going to be delusional and hope that is a good thing.

In the meantime, hubby is back in Canada and we are missing each other terribly.

Status Updated Date:

14-May-2013

Timeline

any other updates from anyone?

Hey zubi2lute..

Nothing yet. My attorney contacted Montreal consulate last week and got the same reply "still undergoing administrative processing" It has been 4 months for me..

I think it is a good sign that the date changes without an inquiry.

I don’t see many people in AP from Canada which makes it really hard to predict the time frame for AP in Canada.

I hope this will be over very soon for everyone in AP..

Filed: Timeline

I have been tracking 50 AP cases in the last few weeks, and there are 10 cases approved in the last two weeks. It is great news and hopefully all of APers get out of AP sooner than later.

A positive indication of approval is that your status is changing frequently, every few days.

Sarah at DOS has been excellent on updating your status. I have talked to 20+ representatives. She is the only one who can tell me what is really going on. All other representatives have only one phrase "still under AP, call back later, we will be happy to check for you again."

Timeline

I have been tracking 50 AP cases in the last few weeks, and there are 10 cases approved in the last two weeks. It is great news and hopefully all of APers get out of AP sooner than later.

A positive indication of approval is that your status is changing frequently, every few days.

Sarah at DOS has been excellent on updating your status. I have talked to 20+ representatives. She is the only one who can tell me what is really going on. All other representatives have only one phrase "still under AP, call back later, we will be happy to check for you again."

Thanks Sarah for the information. I think AP varies based on individual cases. Hopefully our cases will be approved soon

I am so confused about the status change, in my case it changes every time an inquiry is submitted to the consulate. I talked to a DOS rep. and she said that they only update the status every time they answer an email.

No updates! still in AP......ClockWatch2.gif

Mehr, any updates yet?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.