Stalar

Hi all

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all my name is Ellie and I am a resident of the UK applying to move to the USA where my ever loving and patient fiance is waiting.

We have just finished the medical process and I have posted my checklist today so I'm hoping I get my appointment soon becuase my wedding is organised for 20th Jnauary (yeah I know a bit presumptious of me but I figured if I don't set a date it'll be too late)

Ok so from start to finish the process went like this.

Filed our forms March 3rd 2006 it took 3 months for the Nebraska Service centre to get a letter to us saying that the visa application had been a success and was now being transferred to London.

Strange thing is that our friend is going through the same process with his girl in the philippeans (sp), he lives in teh same area as us but was told to send his application to california. He filed his application one month after we did and got a response before we did how much of a suckign situationw as that.

Anyway so I get the forms from the embassy and at that time I was in the USA so I had to wait for my sister to send the forms to me and then send them back (huge massive confusion) I had my medical done on the 11 October but becuase I had a query in my medical history it has taken me until now to get the required information back to the doctors.

So now all i'm waiting for is the interview date and time and i'll be smiling.

Just wanted to warn anyone who has any history of illness in thier medical records you will be required to submit information about any hospital visits you had and possibly go for a check-up to confirm that you are ok and this that and the other.

My personal experience of this is that I am 22 years and at the age of 17 had to go and see a psychiatrist becuase basically I was having a bad time of it all anyway The Doctor requested the discharge notification from my psychiatrist and he requested for me to go and get a psychiatric evaluation done to prove to the US that I am not depressed anymore and in fact am quite sane. So £240 and near enough a month later I finally get my evaluation done (I had to go through BUPA becuase they were the cheapest) and it's ll now been sent off.

So good luck to all those applying and when I have had my interview I'll let you all know how it went.

(oh and sorry for the long drawn out post)

Dec 02 06 - Met for first time irl after 2 years of iming and telephone calls

Mar 03 06 - sent petition to Nebraska

June 06 - Petition approved sent to embassy

July 06 - Forms sent back to embassy

July 06 - Sept 06 - in USA with fiance

Oct 11 06 - Medical Interview

Nov 14 06 - Medical Approved sent to embassy

Nov 15 06 - Checklist sent to embassy

Nov 25 06 - Package 4 arrives Interview date 8th dec

Dec 08 06 - Went to Embassy got Visa yayayaya

Dec 17 06 - Flying to the USA

Jan 20 07 - Wedding date (panic)

Good Luck!!

Im also a UK citizen but i got my K1 and now live in PA with my hubby:)

Good luck on your future journey and AOS!

I also had some problems with mental health and needed a letter from a psych, i got this and was approved at interview.

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Good luck Ellie!

Paul is from the northeast of England but we're married and living in Michigan now.

Good luck, can't wait to hear you're state side!

:star: Joey

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.