hanyalmawaly

F1 voluntarily application wthdraw and visa denial

1 post in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello Guys

This post might seem quite long so please bear with me.

I have traveled to the U.S in a fulbright scholarship for one year and a half. i finished it very successfully then I came back to my country immediately. after around two years I applied to an f1 visa and got it but I didn't travel right away. My i-20 was issued for a spring semester but I traveled for a fall semester. Before I book the ticket I emailed the consulate in my country asking about whether my old i-20 which was valid for two years and my valid f1 visa would help me cross the borders or not. They said as long as I had a valid i-20 which could be checked thru the expiration date and a valid visa I was good to go. However, I had to voluntarily withdraw application(i-275) at the airport because my student status was cancelled as the college reported me not coming and withdrew their offer to me. The CPC officer told me he had to cancel my visa because I had no return ticket and assured me that I had to go back to my country and apply again for the visa and they would give it to me.

I applied again for F1 visa but the interview was so hard as the consular asked me about what happened in my last visits to the u.S and she seemed not convinced that a friend can sponsor my study although the previous visa was given to me while I had a sponsor. She denied my visa section 214(b) which relates to the ties to my country.

* So I wish to apply again to the same visa but after I make more money .. So what will be my chances later if i applied ? If I got married will this help show strong ties ..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.