Zeffe

How to bring USC spouse to interview in London

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

We finally got an interview date! Hubby will be at the Embassy in London this Thursday the 14th :)

Does anyone know how/if he can get me onto the Embassy list so I can accompany him to the interview (or at least get into the building)? The appointment letter said to contact the Embassy -- we tried that by email but got an autoresponse back saying the message would be deleted without being read.

Thanks for any advice!

Zeffe

11 Sep 2012: Married at the Old Marylebone Town Hall in London!!

09 Oct 2012: Mailed I-130 to USCIS Field Office in London

10 Oct 2012: I-130 arrives at USCIS Field Office

12 Oct 2012: $420 fee charged

26 Oct 2012: NOA-1 and RFE received

05 Nov 2012: RFE (affidavits) sent back to USCIS Field Office

12 Nov 2012: NOA-2 approved!

14 Jan 2013: Received case number by phone (it never arrived by post)

21 Jan 2013: Mailed DS-230 part I

21 Jan 2013: Medical examination at Knightsbridge Doctors

22 Jan 2013: DS-230 part I arrives at US Embassy

28 Jan 2013: Mailed DS-2001

29 Jan 2013: DS-2001 received at US Embassy

02 Mar 2013: Received interview date in mail (letter postmarked 01 Mar 2013)

14 Mar 2013: Interview...approved!!!

?? Mar 2013: Passport delivered by courier

Hi everyone,

We finally got an interview date! Hubby will be at the Embassy in London this Thursday the 14th :)

Does anyone know how/if he can get me onto the Embassy list so I can accompany him to the interview (or at least get into the building)? The appointment letter said to contact the Embassy -- we tried that by email but got an autoresponse back saying the message would be deleted without being read.

Thanks for any advice!

Zeffe

You have to call the line that charges you per minute and request they give you an email code to get an answer. However, you might not get a response in time for your name to be entered on the appointment list since its two days away. Sometime it takes a week to hear back.

You might try what I did with no prior permission---when we got to the front of the line outside, I handed my opened US passport to the man with the clipboard and said "I'm a US citizen. May I accompany my fiancé inside for his visa interview?". He said yes. If you dont get in, there is a coffee shop nearby or shops on Oxford Street. Go shop a couple of hours then celebrate the approval together and enjoy London together.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

You have to call the line that charges you per minute and request they give you an email code to get an answer. However, you might not get a response in time for your name to be entered on the appointment list since its two days away. Sometime it takes a week to hear back.

You might try what I did with no prior permission---when we got to the front of the line outside, I handed my opened US passport to the man with the clipboard and said "I'm a US citizen. May I accompany my fiancé inside for his visa interview?". He said yes. If you dont get in, there is a coffee shop nearby or shops on Oxford Street. Go shop a couple of hours then celebrate the approval together and enjoy London together.

I'll flash my US passport and try the just-show-up approach. I'll also bring a copy of the email my husband sent requesting that I be added to the Embassy list on the day of his interview.

Fingers crossed all goes well! Will post an update here and in the Embassy reviews section after the dust settles. Right now, need to go make more photocopies ;-)

We sent a letter to the address on the interview letter we received. Not sure if this will suffice.

I'll flash my US passport and try the just-show-up approach. I'll also bring a copy of the email my husband sent requesting that I be added to the Embassy list on the day of his interview.

Fingers crossed all goes well! Will post an update here and in the Embassy reviews section after the dust settles. Right now, need to go make more photocopies ;-)

Best of luck!! :thumbs:

We sent a letter to the address on the interview letter we received. Not sure if this will suffice.

Best of luck!! :thumbs:

Best of luck on your upcoming interview too!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.