Persepolis

Sending Iranian Birth Certificate for NVC stage

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hey guys, I just got my NOA1. But I am gathering the documents needed for NVC stage for the I-130 petition.

My question pertains to the IV packet.

It is asking for the original marriage certificate which is not a problem. However it is asking for the original/certified copy of birth certificate which is a problem.

See in Iran, the birth certificate (shenasnameh) is a critical piece of identification that is used in all aspects of verifying identification in life (getting a loan, buying a house, car, passport, etc.) it is very important and very hard to get another one if you lose it. Furthermore, it is not possible to send the "original" schenasmeh due to this importance. More over, my wife will need it for buying a ticket, leaving the country (for her interview), etc.!

Also DHL in Iran refuses to send original shenasnameh or cart-e-meli (national identification card) by courier service because it is such an important original document.

I have tried googling online with no answers. I am not even sure if the government issues "certified copies" of either documents

I am wondering if any fellow iranians here can tell me what they did for this process or if anyone has an idea what I am supposed to do.

Edited by Persepolis

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I can't understand why you need the original Shenasnameh or Cart-e-Melli? Note that they are both in Persian, so no one in NVC can read them! You need to get certified translations (tarjomeye rasmi) of each of them and send those original translations to the NVC. All certified translators in Iran (daaroltarjome) attach a certified copy of the original Persian document along with their English translations. All you need to do is to go to one of the certified translators (daaroltarjome) in Iran and tell them that you need certified English translations of your Shenasnameh and Cart-e-Melli. Also ask them to have it certified (stamped) by the government. They will take care of both steps (translation and government verification).

Good luck :thumbs:

P.S: also to be on the safe side, ask them to give you at least one certified copy of the translations per document. That way you will have other certified copies, should NVC needs more or you need them for the embassy ;)

Our story: K1 -> AOS -> ROC -> Naturalization (2012 - current)

(checkout our timeline for details)

Timeline

I can't understand why you need the original Shenasnameh or Cart-e-Melli? Note that they are both in Persian, so no one in NVC can read them! You need to get certified translations (tarjomeye rasmi) of each of them and send those original translations to the NVC. All certified translators in Iran (daaroltarjome) attach a certified copy of the original Persian document along with their English translations. All you need to do is to go to one of the certified translators (daaroltarjome) in Iran and tell them that you need certified English translations of your Shenasnameh and Cart-e-Melli. Also ask them to have it certified (stamped) by the government. They will take care of both steps (translation and government verification).

Good luck :thumbs:

P.S: also to be on the safe side, ask them to give you at least one certified copy of the translations per document. That way you will have other certified copies, should NVC needs more or you need them for the embassy ;)

Well for the I-130 the NVC cares more about the actual document than a translation. In fact, you do not need to send in a translation if interview will take place in the country of the native language of the document! (Which it won't since there is no embassy/consulate in Iran).

In fact this is what it says

"All documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations and submitted to the NVC. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator stating that the...."

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html#certificates

We have already had them translate documents like birth certificate, cart-meli, marriage certificate with the certification like you said. However, this time we need ACTUAL certified copy of the Shenasnameh by the Iranian government. Not just a certified translation of the Shenasnameh.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I know what the website says. Trust me azizam, those certified translations are enough ;) As I said before, the certified translations that you get in Iran, already have the government certified copies of the Shenasnameh. As I said, daroltarjomeh will give you both of them attached together, by a silver ringy kinda thing and you just need to send those attached papers. That is what they want ;)

Our story: K1 -> AOS -> ROC -> Naturalization (2012 - current)

(checkout our timeline for details)

Timeline

I know what the website says. Trust me azizam, those certified translations are enough ;) As I said before, the certified translations that you get in Iran, already have the government certified copies of the Shenasnameh. As I said, daroltarjomeh will give you both of them attached together, by a silver ringy kinda thing and you just need to send those attached papers. That is what they want ;)

Ok, I will send my wife to get those. Thanks :)

Edited by Persepolis

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.