catsutton148

Police Check for Medical

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

So we were told on Friday that our case is now in the system at NVC so we are just awaiting a case number. Because I am a UKC as soon as I get my case number I'm going to try and get my medical booked in London for as soon as possible. I've been reading through the notes for what you need to bring to the medical and I noticed it says you need an ACPO approved police certificate. I obtained one of these for my IV application, however I sent the original to hubby as original is needed for my IV package. So I was wondering if anyone knows can I just take a copy to the medical or will I need to contact ACPO and get another original issued before the medical?

Thanks,

Cat

06/07/08 .. Met while working through Camp America programme in Maryland.

06/02/12 .. Got Married in Inverness, Scotland.

USCIS:

10/11/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/17/12 .. NOA1 date

12/20/12 .. File was transferred to my "local field office" (Baltimore)

02/05/13 .. NOA2 date

NVC:

02/11/13 .. NVC receives case

02/28/13 .. Case number assigned

03/01/13 .. DS-3032 Emailed

03/04/13 .. DS-3032 Accepted

03/04/13 .. AOS bill paid

03/08/13 .. AOS bill shown PAID

03/05/13 .. IV bill paid

03/06/13 .. IV bill shown PAID

03/06/13 .. IV Package Mailed

03/09/13 .. AOS Package Mailed

03/27/13 .. AOS packet accepted

04/11/13 .. IV packet accepted

04/11/13 .. Case Complete

Hi all,

So we were told on Friday that our case is now in the system at NVC so we are just awaiting a case number. Because I am a UKC as soon as I get my case number I'm going to try and get my medical booked in London for as soon as possible. I've been reading through the notes for what you need to bring to the medical and I noticed it says you need an ACPO approved police certificate. I obtained one of these for my IV application, however I sent the original to hubby as original is needed for my IV package. So I was wondering if anyone knows can I just take a copy to the medical or will I need to contact ACPO and get another original issued before the medical?

Thanks,

Cat

Cat, I asked my husband to get two copies. From what I understand, you should SHOW the original to Knightsbridge and GIVE them a copy. Sometimes they keep the original by accident, but they shouldn't. I asked my husband to get two copies just in case. I'd ask over at BE for better info though; I have a feeling this is consulate-specific.

And if they got your case in the system Friday, mine is likely to drop today (I hope lol) :)

Edited by speedwell

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.