KelComman2

Son of LPR over 21 - Single with Daughter

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Greetings to All,

Sorry for the long message...

I've searched around for answers on the question I am about to post below, and of course have not been able to find a clear answer to it. We tried calling the NVC yesterday, but could not get through. So here I go.

A LPR relative petitioned for her sons (3). They have received the aivf for neopost (about seven years later) and are ready to move forward. One of her sons has a daughter that he would like to bring to the U.S when his visa is approved. They sent NVC a copy of her birth certificate and a letter stating their desire to include his daughter as a derivative child (please note this was done prior to receiving the aivf for neopost). When the petitioner/beneficiary received the aivf for neopost it had his daughter included under his case number, but no instructions as to what to send to the NVC regarding the daughter. Besides all the NVC-mentioned (required) documents (birth certificate, photos, passport copy, etc), there is no mentioned of the Parental Consent Letter.

Is a Parental Consent Letter Required by NVC when Submitting the aivf for neopost Package?

The case will be completed in the Dominican Republic, we heard a letter must be presented to the consular official the date of the interview, but we are not sure if the NVC would want/need to see it to complete the case at their level.

I greatly appreciate your time and assistance.

Thank you for your input/comments.

Best Regards,

KelComman2

My case is a little different than yours in the sense that I am petitioning for my wife and two step daughters. When I submitted my petitions I also sent in a letter of parental consent notarized from the Dominican Republic and then translated as well. I had no issues. On my upcoming interview I will bring another letter of parental consent with the current date as well just in case. If you need help with the format or what the letter says send me a message and I will give you the format of the one my lawyer drew up for me. Hope this helps..

USCIS

02-08-2012 -- Married

02-22-2012 -- I-130 sent(separately for wife and stepdaughters)

02-27-2012 -- Received NOA1 email for all 3 i130s

02-29-2012 -- Touched

03-05-2012 -- I-130 NOA1 physically received in the mail

09-17-2012 -- I-130 NOA2 approved

NVC

09-24-2012 -- NVC received

09-25-2012 -- Case # received; Exchanged emails; IIN # received

09-27-2012 -- DS-3032 sent via email

09-27-2012 -- Received DS-3032 and AOS bill via emails

09-29-2012 -- AOS fee paid online

10-08-2012 -- DS-3032 accepted; AOS status: PAID

10-24-2012 -- AOS mailed

10-15-2012 -- Received IV bill via email

11-30-2012 -- IV fee paid online

12-03-2012 -- IV status: PAID

12-05-2012 -- IV mailed

11-13-2012 -- AOS reviewed

12-19-2012 -- Case completed

03-01-2013 -- Interview date assigned

U.S. Embassy

02-15-2013 -- Medical checkup

03-01-2013 -- Interview; Result:APPROVED

03-07-2013 -- Visa received

06-13-2013 -- $165 Immigrant Visa Fee PAID

06-15-2013 -- POE

i751 Removal of Conditions

Vermont Service Center

03-17-2015 -- Received

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Neoflasher,

Great info...I greatly appreciate your time and your assistance.

They have acquired and included a copy of the parental consent letter and translation in their package; it should be getting to the NVC sometime this week. Thank you for the offer, we should be good for now. I'll wait to see what the NVC comes back with.

I wish you the best of luck.

We'll be in touch...

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.