BUHOK

Pulmonary Treatment outside St lukes

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi has anyone here underwent treatment outside St. lukes hospital? I really dont know how to start the process because according to my father when he went there yesterday the nurse was on the rush and just told him he is going to have 6 months treatment, my father told the nurse he cant do the treatment at st. lukes coz he is working and he is from Mindanao. According to him the nurse didnt say any details as to what to do if he does the treatment in our local hospital.. I am going to call later but any suggestions would be great.. Thank u..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi has anyone here underwent treatment outside St. lukes hospital? I really dont know how to start the process because according to my father when he went there yesterday the nurse was on the rush and just told him he is going to have 6 months treatment, my father told the nurse he cant do the treatment at st. lukes coz he is working and he is from Mindanao. According to him the nurse didnt say any details as to what to do if he does the treatment in our local hospital.. I am going to call later but any suggestions would be great.. Thank u..

st lukes is the only accredited clinic by USEM for TB treatment.. ur father needs to go to st.lukes everyday to take his med inside st. lukes..

u can call st. lukes about that coz they will give ur father a form or card for his FREE 6 months tb treatment (if he is going to u.s)

hope this will help

Hi! Unfortunately, your father has to stay near in st.Luke's clinic if im not mistaken he needs to go their everyday to take medicine and to continue the treatment. I hate those people working in SLEC, its their job to explain the whole process to their patient not leaving them hanging and thinking and asking themselves like WHEN or HOW?They should try to consider things like the distance, job, health and convenience.

= Lifting Conditional Status =

=TIMELINE=

June 01, 2012 = Date Filed

2uy0dqv9l9c.png

[GOD,i thank you so much for answering my prayers..Thank you so much...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can call st. lukes and ask them everything you want to know. Keep on asking them and insist specific answers. Most staffs there are really in a hurry. Also, they are actually friendlier to American Citizens who call their clinic. If they don't give you answers, try asking your husband to call them.

06/25/2008 : Met for the first time

07/25/2011 : Met for the 2nd time, HE PROPOSED!

04/06/2012 : Sent I29-F Package

04/09/2012 : NOA1 received

10/03/2012 : NOA2 (no RFE)

11/15/2012 : Med Exam @ St.Lukes (scar found on xray film)

11/19/2012 : start of my 3-day sputum exam

11/21/2012 : 3 smear result is negative but have to wait 2 months for culture and sensitivity test result

01/21/2013 : PASSED the med exam! smile.png

01/28/2013 : Interview at USEM(7:30AM)-- APPROVED

02/02/2013 : Visa on Hand

02/25/2013 : USA entry

03/12/2013 : Got Married, got SSN after 4 days

04/08/2013 : Filed/sent AOS, EAD, AP

04/22/2013 : NOA1 letter received with biometrics appontment

05/15/2013 : biometrics

06/25/2013 : received the EAD/AP combo card

Timeline

Hi there, he really need to talk to a doctor regarding outside treatment. This is possible and the doctor who did the confirmation to me that my culture is positive gave me that option. Maybe your father really saddened by the news, like I felt back in December. But since I knew that it was positive, I wrote all my questions and asked the doctor all at once, since the nurses are not allowed to talk in details about treatment, it should be the doctor.

Don't worry all will be fine, your dad can take meds in your local health center, it should be properly documented, so when 6 months is over, you can pass all the medical records, and they will evaluate that.

Timeline

Thank you every one!

Thank you as always MercyRich.. My papa was very upset because the doctor didnt speak to him it was the nurse on the rush and basically just blow him off.. I am very angry because papa flew from Cagayan to Manila and nobody explain to him what to do..

Timeline

Thank you every one!

Thank you as always MercyRich.. My papa was very upset because the doctor didnt speak to him it was the nurse on the rush and basically just blow him off.. I am very angry because papa flew from Cagayan to Manila and nobody explain to him what to do..

Most of the time, staff, nurses and doctors are like that, I remember the doctor who told me the news, its in her body language that she like to shove me away, since she told me my culture is positive. But I really asked her questions, and you know what, when I asked her name, she said they are not allowed to say their real names. I didnt get it.

Is your dad still here in Manila? Tell him try to set an appointment to doctor and inquire about what to do. It's hard to be blinded by this kind of situation.

I remember I read stuff, that the girl started her PTB treatment outside for 2 months and she passed it at St Lukes, its been credited to her 6 months treatment.

Timeline

Most of the time, staff, nurses and doctors are like that, I remember the doctor who told me the news, its in her body language that she like to shove me away, since she told me my culture is positive. But I really asked her questions, and you know what, when I asked her name, she said they are not allowed to say their real names. I didnt get it.

Is your dad still here in Manila? Tell him try to set an appointment to doctor and inquire about what to do. It's hard to be blinded by this kind of situation.

I remember I read stuff, that the girl started her PTB treatment outside for 2 months and she passed it at St Lukes, its been credited to her 6 months treatment.

No his been back to Mindanao he flew back the same day because nobody wants to give him straight answer. Im going to call later coz today is Monday in PI I will actually ask my husband to call for me see what he can get. i just wanted to know if there is certain steps to follow or instruction from st lukes that outside doctors must follow... St luke has nasty staffs and I believe embassy is aware of that but they dont do anything....

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think that if one has the 6 month treatment in another hospital/clinic, this will be accepted by St Luke so long as the applicant will come back & pay the medical fee again. As I understand it, if the 6 month treatment is in St Luke then after it is completed the applicant he/she is not required to pay the said fee once again.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by let-it-be

Timeline

I think that if one has the 6 month treatment in another hospital/clinic, this will be accepted by St Luke so long as the applicant will come back & pay the medical fee again. As I understand it, if the 6 month treatment is in St Luke then after it is completed the applicant he/she is not required to pay the said fee once again.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Whether the treatment is outside St LUkes or within St Lukes, we'll still need to pay for remedical.

Outside treatment should be properly documented and very important to check on St Lukes guidelines on what to do.

Because treatment for St Lukes, has a series of sputum collection, culture again on the duration of the treatment, and xray on the 3rd month...so need to consider these things when the treatment will be done outside.

If I happen to see a staff that can answer your questions, I will do and send you a message asap.

I am sad for your father, I know he is mad by the treatment he got from this clinic. Right now, my fate is in their hands...so no choice but to adhere their policy.

Running to 3rd month of treatment now. :)

Timeline

Whether the treatment is outside St LUkes or within St Lukes, we'll still need to pay for remedical.

Outside treatment should be properly documented and very important to check on St Lukes guidelines on what to do.

Because treatment for St Lukes, has a series of sputum collection, culture again on the duration of the treatment, and xray on the 3rd month...so need to consider these things when the treatment will be done outside.

If I happen to see a staff that can answer your questions, I will do and send you a message asap.

I am sad for your father, I know he is mad by the treatment he got from this clinic. Right now, my fate is in their hands...so no choice but to adhere their policy.

Running to 3rd month of treatment now. :)

Mercy I called St Lukes last night (morning in PI) and i asked the lady ( DOT? I could not remember the department) but anyway i asked if there are steps we need to follow and she said no it would be up to the Doctor who will treat my father she added after the 6 months treatment he has to fly again to Manila and submit the certification stating that he has been treated and then after that he has to wait another year to be evualuated and be called to re do his medical again.. So in short it is 6 months plus 1 yr.. I asked why 1 yr wait she said its US embassy guidelines which doesnt make since at all...

Keep on going girl 3 more months for u!

Edited by BUHOK

Timeline

Mercy I called St Lukes last night (morning in PI) and i asked the lady ( DOT? I could not remember the department) but anyway i asked if there are steps we need to follow and she said no it would be up to the Doctor who will treat my father she added after the 6 months treatment he has to fly again to Manila and submit the certification stating that he has been treated and then after that he has to wait another year to be evualuated and be called to re do his medical again.. So in short it is 6 months plus 1 yr.. I asked why 1 yr wait she said its US embassy guidelines which doesnt make since at all...

Keep on going girl 3 more months for u!

Really its hard to leave everything behind, and its struggle if the treatment will be outside of St Lukes.

Many of my classmates from DOT (direct observed treatment ) came from all over the Philippines, and all they can do is either live with relatives or rent a room.

I think its better for your father to consider doing his treatment here in Manila.

• 1 year later...
Timeline

Hi, I have the same issue with your father. Was he able to take medication in St. Luke's?

If not, did he wait for another year? If I continue my treatment in St. Luke's, will they still let me wait for another year?

Timeline

Running to 3rd month of treatment now. smile.gif

Hi Mercy, did you take your medication in St. Luke's? I happened under medication also and its already on my 3rd month. I am so worried coz my medical exam is fast approaching (oct. 13) ..Will they let me continue my medication in Manila?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You should of filed a complaint with the PRC and St. Lukes regarding the nurse.

RN can be looked up by name or licenses number at the PRC website to confirm they are RN in good standing......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.