Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Green Card Error & i-90 question

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea

Hi everyone

<Green Card Error>

I received my green card yesterday and found expiration date is 2 years from AOS approval date !!

I have married to my husband more than 4 years before AOS approved. It should be 10 years.

This morning I made a call to INS, and the lady said that

1) I have to fill out I-90 form (with No fee)

2) Send my original green card( which has error ), I-90, copy of marriage certificate, and explaination of why I have to receive permanent resident card instead of conditional resident card

( ex, I have married to my husband more than 2 years before my first green card issued..).

3) the address is

National Benefit Center

Atten: I-551 Correction

705B SE Melody Lane,

Box 2000, Lee's Summit's, MO 64063

=> She provide above address when I said my green card delivered from Missouri Service Center.

But I never heard any body sent above address to correct green card error.. Is there any body have sent I-90 to the same address??

I'm so frustrated.. as I read receiving correct new green card takes me over 1 year..

Do I have to make an appointment to get I-551 stamp before I send my orginal green card?

< I-90 question >

I have some questions about to fill out I-90

1) Part2

* 1. My status is.. permanent Resident (Commuter) or (Not Commuter)

=> What is Commuter means in this document... I can't understand

2) Part3

* Consulate where Immigrant Visa was issued or USCIS office where status was Adjusted

=> I had AOS interview at Las Vegas INS office.. then the answer is " LAS VEGAS USCIS OFFICE" ??

3) Part 3

* If you enteredd the U.S. with an immigrant Visa, also complete the following.

Destination in US at time of Admission / Prot of Entry where Admitted to US

=> As I entered the U.S. with B-2 non-immigrant Visa, I will mark this question "N/A". Am I correct?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Edited by emkim99

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...