8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

First of all, this form is your wife's form...meaning she is filling this out. Thus on part 3B it is not your wife who should be on it, but YOU as the US citizen since she is applying for adjustment of status, not you! Make sure you fill that form out accordingly. You, as USC, fill out I-130 where as the title says you are petitioning for your alien relative (that is your wife). Good luck!

You as American Citizen not applying with your wife for change of status!!! I-485 is HER form she is the one applying for adjustament, in 3 part B it asks your wife to list her supposes and chldren if any ( if suppouse and/or children are US citizen they are not applying for change of status). so NO! Make sure you file everything correctly. There is sample forms on this forum check ti out http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

You as American Citizen not applying with your wife for change of status!!! I-485 is HER form she is the one applying for adjustament, in 3 part B it asks your wife to list her supposes and chldren if any ( if suppouse and/or children are US citizen they are not applying for change of status). so NO! Make sure you file everything correctly. There is sample forms on this forum check ti out http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

Actually, I just edited my post as I looked on to the form again. So, what I said above still stands. Your wife is filling that out, and she'll put you to 3B. Yes, they are not applying for change of status as happyblah said but they are your "PRESENT SPOUSE" as the box says...Good luck!

Edited by AnotherLostSoul

Actually, I just edited my post as I looked on to the form again. So, what I said above still stands. Your wife is filling that out, and she'll put you to 3B. Yes, they are not applying for change of status as happyblah said but they are your "PRESENT SPOUSE" as the box says...Good luck!

LOL you should have put your USC husband so you werent wrong. But you check NO (not applying with you) bos since your husband USC and not applying with you. Were did you get confused?

LOL you should have put your USC husband so you werent wrong. But you check NO (not applying with you) bos since your husband USC and not applying with you. Were did you get confused?

Oh ok, I guess I misunderstood you on that part. Yes, that's how I did...ok, I hope to OP can follow us...Thanks for clarification! :)

One more questio. I made $21,000 last year (2012), but for this income, $4000 was from McDonald's and $17,000 was from teaching because I have been a teacher since August of 2012. The requirements for my wife and I are $18,900 for the 125% poverty guidelines, so will immigration care that I did not make the $18,900 from just one source? I have my w-2's and all my check stubs from the school board.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.