indiana_sweetie

I'm wondering if the packet is a PDF file now

1 post in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

After my hubby's case was completed I got a PDF file from the NVC with instructions (I forwarded it to hubby, because it said for him to print it and bring it to his medical and to his interview). So I'm going through it trying to determine what needs to be done. Maybe I'm over thinking this but I'm paranoid about missing something. I put notes, after the instructions. Do you think we are covered? Our lawyer says don't bring anything other than what is required, so she's saying no additional emails/chats. We aren't sure what to do! She has been wrong before. I'm sorry this is so long.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

If you enrolled in the Electronic Processing program you submitted forms and supporting documents to the NVC in electronic form. You must present the original forms and documents for review by the consular officer during your interview. (nope, didn't do that, sent papers, or actually the lawyer did)

Please promptly read and follow all Interview Preparation Instructions located on the Department of State's web site at: www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov, under the "Prepare for your visa interview abroad" link. (ok, doing that)

Important information regarding the required medical appointment is also listed on this site. Failure to promptly follow all instructions provided on this site will result in your immigrant visa being refused at the initial interview. (they also sent a PDF with the medical exam instructions which hubby has printed)

Upon arrival at the Embassy/Consulate, the applicant should present this letter to the receptionist. (yup, he will do that)

Other info is included, such as how to reschedule the appointment.

Reminders

* For additional interview information and document preparation guidelines please visit the U.S. Embassies, Consulates, and Diplomatic Missions website, www.usembassy.gov and select MACEDONIA:SKOPJE from the list of U.S. Embassies, Consulates and Diplomatic Missions. (the embassy website seems to be out of date and provides conflicting info when compared to this letter)

* Any original documents that were requested by the NVC but were not submitted to the NVC must be brought to the visa interview. (according to the list below, the originals have been submitted and accepted)

* Applicants should bring this letter to their medical examination because the panel physician may need to review it before performing the examination. (hubby will do)

* The applicant must bring his/her medical examination results to the visa interview in an envelope sealed by the medical office. :thumbs:

* The applicant must bring the correct size and number of photographs to the visa interview. They must measure 2 inches by 2 inches (5 cm by 5 cm) on a white background. :thumbs:

* IF a sponsor filed an I-864 (Affidavit of Support) AND provided the NVC with proof of an IRS Federal Income Tax Extension in lieu of a Federal Income Tax Return, the applicant must bring the sponsor's most recent Federal Income Tax Return to the visa interview. (So...since I submitted the tax return, not the extension, we're ok here?)

* Failure to present all necessary documents to the Consular Officer will result in the applicant's immigrant visa being refused at the initial interview. (cause of stressing over being prepared)

* Document Status Description

A = Applicant must acquire this document and present it at the time of the interview.

C = Direct inquiries to your consulate / embassy

D = Certified document received

F = This form is not necessary for this application.

I = The required form is incomplete. Please ensure that a complete form is presented at the interview.

O = The original document has been received and accepted as meeting post requirements.

P = The police certificate must be requested by the applicant. If you have already applied for this document, no further action is required. The issuing police authority will send the police record directly to the appropriate US Embassy to have on hand at the time of the interview.

R = The electronic DS-260 form has been submitted and reviewed.

S = Scanned document received. The original document must be presented at the time of the interview.

T = An acceptable document has been received, but a translation is required as the

submitted document is not in English or the official language of the processing post.

The applicant must present a certified translation at the time of the interview.

U = The applicant has informed the NVC that the required document is unavailable.

X = The required document is unobtainable for this country per the Foreign Affairs Manual.

Y = The required document has been received.

$ = Payment received.

Visa Interview Requirements

Xxxx xxxxx must bring the following to the visa interview:

* Any original documents that were requested by the NVC but were not submitted to the NVC (it appears they have them)

* The medical examination results if not submitted to the Embassy/Consulate by the physician :thumbs:

* The correct size and number of photographs :thumbs:

* Valid passport for all traveling applicants :thumbs:

The following table lists the documents requested by the NVC and whether or not the NVC received them. Please note that even though the applicant may have provided the NVC with a copy of a document, the applicant is still required to bring the original document to the visa interview.

Document Name..............................Document Status

CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS .........................C (C = Direct inquiries to your consulate / embassy )

1 -IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1 ................Y (Y = The required document has been received.)

1 -IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 2 ................Y (Y = The required document has been received.)

2 -PASSPORT .........................................Y (Y = The required document has been received.)

3 -BIRTH CERTIFICATE ................................O (O = The original document has been received and accepted as meeting post requirements.)

4 -ADOPTION .........................................F (F = This form is not necessary for this application.)

5 -MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE .............................O (O = The original document has been received and accepted as meeting post requirements.)

6 -MARRIAGE TERMINATION .............................F

7 -COURT RECORDS ....................................F

F -FINANCIAL EVIDENCE ...............................Y (Y = The required document has been received.)

9 -MILITARY RECORDS .................................F

10 -REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA POLICE CERTIFICATE ........F

FEE PAYMENT .........................................$ ($ = Payment received.)

PHOTOGRAPH ..........................................Y (Y = The required document has been received.)

F -PETITIONER MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE ..................F

F -PETITIONER BIRTH CERTIFICATE .....................F

10 -KOSOVO POLICE CERTIFICATE .......................O (O = The original document has been received and accepted as meeting post requirements.)

MACEDONIA COURT CERTIFICATE .........................F

XMY93gI.jpgXMY9m5.png

AAD1m5.pngThankYouUSA-Kosova.jpg

See my Timeline for details of our visa journey
17-Aug-2011 Our Wedding Day in Kosovo 
07-Nov-2011 Filed I-130
21-Nov-2011 NOA1
23-Aug-2012 NOA2 Approved 276 days
10-Jan-2013 Case complete via email

28-Feb-2013 Interview, result AP
11-Apr-2013 Embassy appointment - VISA APPROVED and issued in 4 hours
30-Apr-2013 POE Chicago O'Hare - He's home!

04-Sep-2014 Moved to northern California

12-Mar-2015 Filed ROC
16-Mar-2015 Documents delivered
18-Mar-2015 Check cashed
19-Mar-2015 NOA1 dated 03/16/2015 received in mail
13-Apr-2015 Biometrics completed
02-Feb-2016 Contacted USCIS about case, was told it's on hold because of security checks (email)
04-Mar-2016 Moved to Wisconsin
12-Aug-2016 New Biometrics appointment
14-Sep-2016 Contacted USCIS again about case (email said we should hear from them by Oct 6)
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 explaining the Service Request is currently being reviewed by an officer.
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 with Interview appointment for both of us for 28-Sep-2016
28-Sep-2016 Interview, both of us, separated, not hard, 10 min. each, result---said hubby will get GC in about 10 days
26-Oct-2016 *****STILL WAITING*****
02-Nov-2016 Card is being produced!!!
08-Nov-2016 Card is mailed
10-Nov-2016 Card is Delivered!!!! YAY
CITIZENSHIP: 

Biometrics appointment for 2020-03-27 has been cancelled until further notice as all field offices are closed because of COVID-19.

***NOA dated 12/10/2020 USCIS stated they are able to reuse previous Biometrics***

Interview was easy. My hubby's Oath Ceremony is scheduled for February 25th. I can't watch >sad< but happy he is getting his certificate!

25-FEB-2021 Oath Ceremony! My hubby is a Citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.