DariaG

Change of address

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi, everyone!

I'm about to move from ca to ak, and my question is , if I transfer my I-130 which is stil pending for 1 year I California, is my case start from zero again after i change the address or if it will go even faster?

I heard a lot that in Alaska it goes much faster!

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi, everyone!

I'm about to move from ca to ak, and my question is , if I transfer my I-130 which is stil pending for 1 year I California, is my case start from zero again after i change the address or if it will go even faster?

I heard a lot that in Alaska it goes much faster!

Thanks!

Moving to Alaska would have no effect ona petition. You have not filled in yoru timeline, please do. I have no idea what you are referring to or why you think it would make a difference. The only thing that may be affected would be an interview at a local office. Petitions are handled by Service Centers and recently some have been forwarded to local offices for processing BUT only those filed after August 1, 2012.

Give us some addl. details please

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Thanks, and my friend file in Alaska and got approved in 9 months and I'm waiting for almost 12 without any answer, and she is also spouse of LPR!

Got married - sep 29 2011

NOA1 - feb 6 2012

... No answer since then :(

Timeline

Thanks, and my friend file in Alaska and got approved in 9 months and I'm waiting for almost 12 without any answer, and she is also spouse of LPR!

Got married - sep 29 2011

NOA1 - feb 6 2012

... No answer since then :(

Has nothing to do with living in Alaska, it will have no affect on your processing time. Processing times are affected by the workload and priorities at the time when you file and during your pending process.

Make sure you notify USCIS of your move using the AR-11 form, it can take up to 4 months just for them to get it in the system. Is there anyone that can check the mail at your current address?

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Has nothing to do with living in Alaska, it will have no affect on your processing time. Processing times are affected by the workload and priorities at the time when you file and during your pending process.

Make sure you notify USCIS of your move using the AR-11 form, it can take up to 4 months just for them to get it in the system. Is there anyone that can check the mail at your current address?

Yes, there is! 4 more months just to to get it into system?

Makes no sense :(

Timeline

Yes, there is! 4 more months just to to get it into system?

Makes no sense :(

Your petition is in the system, that will not change. NOTHING will change with your petition, good or bad. NO AFFECT.

It can take 4 months or more to get the address changed in the records. They will not forward any mail. If there is someone at your old address to accept your mail, then just send the change of address to USCIS and tell the other people to watch for any notices in the mail and send them to you.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.