garylee

I-130 -question # 22 section C PLEASE HELP

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,Could someone PLEASE Help me with Question # 22 on Section C of the I-130 form :help: .When reading the line by line instructions it says if my wife is not in the U.S. do not write anything in this question.But then it also says there is an exception for K-3 applicants.It says that we must write "Plan to obtain a K-3 Visa abroad and adjust status in the U.S.".My question is -Does this exception only apply to K-3 applicants that are already in the United States.My wife is In the philippines,so do we leave question #22 blank,If anyone can help me with this one I would really appreciate it .I have been pulling hair out about this question.I just want to make sure evrything is filled out correctly.Thank You-Gary

Hi everyone,Could someone PLEASE Help me with Question # 22 on Section C of the I-130 form :help: .When reading the line by line instructions it says if my wife is not in the U.S. do not write anything in this question.But then it also says there is an exception for K-3 applicants.It says that we must write "Plan to obtain a K-3 Visa abroad and adjust status in the U.S.".My question is -Does this exception only apply to K-3 applicants that are already in the United States.My wife is In the philippines,so do we leave question #22 blank,If anyone can help me with this one I would really appreciate it .I have been pulling hair out about this question.I just want to make sure evrything is filled out correctly.Thank You-Gary

This question has caused a lot of grief. The proper answer is to write N/A when it asks if your wife will adjust status, then follow that with "Manila" "Philippines" when it asks the consular post where your wife will apply for a visa.

Don't leave anything blank. If you write N/A for the first part then leave the rest blank, after USCIS adjudcate the I-130, it might not send the I-130 to the NVC for further processing.

garylee,

The question you ask about does not say anything about K3s, let alone make an exception for them. I don't see the term 'K3' anywhere in the I-130 instructions, either. Read the question again, without adding anything to it this time, and then answer it as asked.

(BTW, a person who is in the USA as a K3 is not going to be having an I-130 filed for them - the I-130 was already filed at some time in the past, or they couldn't be a K3.)

Yodrak

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Gary,

I think you are over-analyzing the instructions (as we are all proned to doing)! Of course, that's easy to do since some of these questions aren't worded very well, in my opinion. :no:

If you read question 22 again, it does not say "do not write anything in this question" if your spouse is not in the U.S. I think it's just misleading since it starts with "Complete the information below IF your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status." However, if you read on, it says, "If your relative is not eligible for adjustment of status, he or she will apply for a visa abroad at the American consular post in (city/country.)" That is the part that applies to you.

My husband is also outside the U.S., so for our I-130, we simply filled in that he would apply for a visa at the consular post in London, England, U.K. Our I-130 was filed successfully, so I assume we did this correctly!

Anyone out there disagree?

Good luck...it's so easy to "read into" the meaning of the application questions. Just keep asking questions on this forum and we'll all try our best to help out! :)

Mariel

Yes, I agree with SCY's post...you do need to write "N/A" in answer to the first part of question 22. Then fill in the consulate city/country where your wife will apply.

I-130F:

13 Feb. 2006 - sent I-130; 14 Feb. 2006 - I-130 received at Nebraska

28 Feb. 2006 - NOA-1

2 Mar. 2006 - RFE for payment problem; 3 Mar. - corrected & mailed; 6 Mar. - USCIS rec'd payment

12 June 2006 - APPROVED! (NOA-2)

20 June 2006 - case number assigned

3 July 2006 - DS-3032 and AOS Fee bill generated; 6 July - emailed DS-3032 Choice of Agent

13 July 2006 - Received DS-3032 (UK)

14 July 2006 - DS-3032 mailed to NVC

17 July 2006 - DS-3032 and AOS Fee received in mail

19 July 2006 - mailed Fee bill to NVC; recieved at NVC St. Louis facility 20 July

24 July 2006 - Received NVC choice of agent confirmation email

4th-8th Aug 2006 - Recieve IV bill. (non specific date recieved/away vacation)

10th Aug 2006 - NVC recieve IV Bill.

11th Aug 2006 - Recieved I-864 package / mailed back 15th Aug

I-129F:

6 Mar. 2006 - sent I-129F; 8 Mar. 2006 - I-129F received at USCIS

16 Mar. 2006 - NOA1

3 July 2006 - received RFE (IMBRA); 5 July 2006 - mailed RFE response

10 July 2006 - received USCIS email confirming receipt of RFE response

13 July 2006 - received RFE (IMBRA) AGAIN

17 July 2006 - mailed 2nd RFE response; received by USCIS 19 July

27 July 2006 - APPROVED!

7 Aug 2006 - case number assigned at NVC

11 Aug 2006 - Recieved NVC letter confirming case sent to london

23 Aug 2006 - Received Packet 3 / 25 Aug 2006 - Mailed back

04 Sep 2006 - Medical completed.

08 Sep 2006 - Interview date assigned for 2nd October

garylee,

The question you ask about does not say anything about K3s, let alone make an exception for them. I don't see the term 'K3' anywhere in the I-130 instructions, either. Read the question again, without adding anything to it this time, and then answer it as asked.

(BTW, a person who is in the USA as a K3 is not going to be having an I-130 filed for them - the I-130 was already filed at some time in the past, or they couldn't be a K3.)

Yodrak

The instruction sheet I am referring to I should have made more clear.It is a Line by Line instruction sheet I got from Immhelp.com-Sorry about that

Hi Gary,

I think you are over-analyzing the instructions (as we are all proned to doing)! Of course, that's easy to do since some of these questions aren't worded very well, in my opinion. :no:

I think you are right :lol: I get so caught up in this stuff sometimes the words start to blurr and nothing makes sense :lol:

I also want to thank everyone thats lelped so far-What a good bunch of people-Thankyou

This question has caused a lot of grief. The proper answer is to write N/A when it asks if your wife will adjust status, then follow that with "Manila" "Philippines" when it asks the consular post where your wife will apply for a visa.

Don't leave anything blank. If you write N/A for the first part then leave the rest blank, after USCIS adjudcate the I-130, it might not send the I-130 to the NVC for further processing.

A big Thankyou SCY-you couldnt have made it any easier for me.Now it makes sense to me :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.