2 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Here below I have provided an abbreviated timeline of my case to date.

Case History

Sep 9 2010 - Filed for K1/K2 (petition)

May ?? 2011 - Visa Interviewed at US Embassy in Bogota Colombia for wife and 2 of 3 sons.

Jul 10 2011 - Wife arrived in US with 2 of 3 sons.

Oct 10 2011 - Wedding

Apr 11 2012 - Filed for AOS for wife and two sons

May ?? 2012 - Biometrics for all

Jun 19 2012 - EAD/AP Card issued for all; arrived several days later

Jun 26 2012 - 3rd son Interviewed at US Embassy in Bogota Colombia

Jul 04 2012 - 3rd son arrived in US (presently 17, turns 18 on January 28, 2013)

Aug 20 2012 - Necessary vaccinations done and Civil Surgeon

Although we started the AOS pocess insofar as getting the vaccinations don and the I-693 done by a civil surgeon, for various reasons, we didn't continue on last August. Now we want to pick up and complete the process. I immediately have two areas of doubt:

1. When I did the original AOS filing for my wife and two step-sons, the Name on the cover letter was a copy of her passport as well as those for her two sons were include. Now that we are filing only for the final son (K2):

a. Should the Cover letter still be addressed from my wife? Or from the son for whom we are filing?

b. Should a copy of my wife's passport be included this too? or only the passport for the child?

2. Have I waited too long on the Civil surgeon stuff for to still be valid? i.e., do I have to get him to do it over again? I know that original medical exam from Colombia is good for one year (it was done on June 22, 2012 so it is valid through June 22, 2013).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.