Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

N-400 and IRS Tax owed

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts


I have a quick question. I'm about to send in my N-400 Application and I just need to know what to send with it. I owed money for 2007 and I just finished paying for that year and still owe money for 2008 and made about 4 payments (Had to pay 2007 before I can begin paying 2008). Anyway I answered that I owe money to IRS and along with N-400 I'm sending.

Signed Installment Agreement Letter

2007 Accounting Transcripts

2008 Accounting Transcripts

Final 2007 Payment letter along with verification of overpayment that carried through 2008.

Do I need to send anything else? Also if there a chance that I might get denied for citizenship based on this? I'm a green card holder for 20+ years and doing a citizenship as my green card expires this year so might as well get a Citizenship finally rather than pay for another renewal.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.