sternum888

having hard time looking for a job

21 posts in this topic

Employers go on first impressions i.e Resume, Cover letter etc.

If they are as poor as your internet posts I wouldn't be surprised you're not getting anywhere.

Is your grammar and sentence structure correct? Maybe you should think about getting your paperwork checked over by a native English speaker?

Edited by mattene

I suggest staying away from employment websites as that is like hitting the lottery in this day and age.

Since you are an immigrant your best bet is to get in front of hiring Managers. Most Philippines University's are not recognized here sorry to say. So if you go for a job that requires your degree from RP most likely you will need to take more college courses here to bring you to what American Businesses believe is required in terms of education.

If your husband amend you frequent businesses in your area push your way in to get a job. My friends wife just received an entry level job at Goodwill by them shopping there and talking with the Manager. And this took 3 months of them pushing.

I do not mean any disrespect on your educational attainment. I am only passing along what I know from myself hiring employees as well as networking with other HR related people. My fiancee is am education major from Bohol. She knows already that more education here will be required before she can teach here. Good luck.

Why don't you try a nail shop. The first couple months while you study and practice you won't make much money but after 6 months to a year you could easily bring home 700 to 900 bucks a week. my wife knocks down that kind of cash and we live in Iowa. Just a thought, best of luck.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Keep at it and don't let your chin drop. It will be hard work, but something will turn up. I definitely recommend the personal approach - get yourself in front of hiring managers and make yourself their first choice...

11/29/12 - AOS Interview in Atlanta - 10 minutes long and approved on the spot.

ROC in 2014!

I suggest staying away from employment websites as that is like hitting the lottery in this day and age.

Since you are an immigrant your best bet is to get in front of hiring Managers. Most Philippines University's are not recognized here sorry to say. So if you go for a job that requires your degree from RP most likely you will need to take more college courses here to bring you to what American Businesses believe is required in terms of education.

If your husband amend you frequent businesses in your area push your way in to get a job. My friends wife just received an entry level job at Goodwill by them shopping there and talking with the Manager. And this took 3 months of them pushing.

I do not mean any disrespect on your educational attainment. I am only passing along what I know from myself hiring employees as well as networking with other HR related people. My fiancee is am education major from Bohol. She knows already that more education here will be required before she can teach here. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.