sonineni

Regarding police clearance certificate from passport office!

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

We applied PCC in PSK Ahmedabad Mithakhali six road. After local police sent back police verification I am seeing message in passport website for my file “PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra.” I am not sure how long it takes for review. But I called Customer service of PSK. C/S mention that you can go to PSK where you applied and collect PCC.

Anyone has suggestion or experience ? I am thinking to send my father to PSK office and see we can get PCC.

Thanks for your help.

Service Center : National Benefits Center

Consulate : Mumbai, India

I-130 Sent : 2012-09-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2012-11-30

NVC Received : 2013-01-07

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2013-01-24

Pay I-864 Bill 2013-01-24

Receive I-864 Package : 2013-01-24

Return Completed I-864 : 2013-01-28

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2013-01-23

Receive IV Bill : 2013-02-04

Pay IV Bill : 2013-02-04

IV Package (all documents) sent Feb 7th 2013.

Case Completed at NVC : 2013-02-21 (Called NVC and Customer Service rep mention case is closed and all documents are good)

NVC email for Checklist (PASSPORT POLICE CERTIFICATE) - Feb 22nd 2013 ( I called NVC and NVC mention that Carry document during Interview)

Email Received for Case Closed from NVC : Feb 28th 2013

Interview Date : Aril 1st 2013

Visa Approved

Collected Passport : April 4th 2013

Paid $165 : April 4th 2013

Filed: Timeline

I got Police clearance certificate today!!!

Thanks iwaiting!!! You are so much helpful....

I got my passport before marriage...so my present address is different from passport address...

I took ARN(Application reference number) through online by filling the application..

I went to local passport seva kendra yesterday....with 1.Passport,2.Bank statement(oneyear)as address proof for current address.

But they asked marriage certificate ...I told them that i did not bring....so i was asked to come next day..

so I went with marriage certificate...Today they issued me PCC....

I posted my experience of getting pcc,so it would help to others.

my wife went for PCC to hyd passport office and they asked for original marriage certificate - but I submitted original to NVC with IV form... which they will return during interview...

Is it not needed to submit original to NVC?

Or anyway we can get PCC without original ?

how to proceed for PCC ?

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

Myself confused about this..

Hi.....

I am recently married and i need a PCC but my passport doesnt have spouse name, while filling the online form i have mentioned my status married and entered my spouse name.

Is it necessary to have spouse name in my passport as well for PCC??

Help much appreciated...

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi.....

I am recently married and i need a PCC but my passport doesnt have spouse name, while filling the online form i have mentioned my status married and entered my spouse name.

Is it necessary to have spouse name in my passport as well for PCC??

Help much appreciated...

Thanks!

Yes, you will need spouse name for the PCC. Recently one of my family member went for PCC, but they did not issue and asked to include spouse name.

Can you please fill your timeline.

Edited by Robinhood

USC here yes.gif
------------------------------
I130

11/30/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
01/09/2013 - Transfer to local office(Newark, NJ)
03/11/2013 - INFO Pass
04/04/2013 - INFO Pass

04/30/2013 - RFE - Properly complete and re-submit G-325A.
05/09/2013 - RFE hand delivered to Local office.

05/10/2013 - NOA2 - Newark NJ

NVC
05/13/2013 - NVC Received.
05/30/2013 - Case & IIN # Received.
05/30/2013 - DS3032 & E-mail sent to remove Attorney and appoint petitioner as choice of Agent.
05/30/2013 - NVC accepted request and stated that further communication will now directed to petitioner.
06/04/2013 - AOS & IV bill e-mail received, generated and paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS & IV status paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS package sent
06/12/2013 - IV package sent
06/25/2013 - AOS Accepted
07/03/2013 - IV accepted
07/03/2013 - Case Complete
07/30/2013 - Interview Date received

09/30/2013 - Interview

09/30/2013 - Approved

10/02/2013 - Visa in hand

10/05/2013 - POE

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Yes, you will need spouse name for the PCC. Recently one of my family member went for PCC, but they did not issue and asked to include spouse name.

Can you please fill your timeline.

Thats the same problem I am running into as well. So are you seriously telling me that my wife needs to be reissued a passport with my name on it in order to get a PCC? Seems absurd

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thats the same problem I am running into as well. So are you seriously telling me that my wife needs to be reissued a passport with my name on it in order to get a PCC? Seems absurd

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

I previously posted about the issue I was having obtaining a PCC.

I figured out the easiest method to get a PCC without having to change names or reissue passport.

This is from Gujarat; When applying for a PCC on the application form you submit to the Passport Kendra office (if your spouse passport is under maiden name) there is no need to mention married on the application.

The PCC is granted based on the exact information of the passport.

I reapplied for the PCC using single status for my wife and we received the PCC in about a week.

So if anyone else has this same issue.

Remember that the PCC is issued on the same information as the passport. Any changes will require the passport changes to be made.

Hope this helps.

Hey all, I know this post has nothing to do with PCC, but I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with what i have--I'm depressed :(

My husband had his interview on june 6th, and he got a white letter section 221g-administrative processing sad.png What i was really surprised about was that they gave him his passport back! The officer did not notify him of any missing documents or if they needed additional info. The letter doesn't say what the required documents are. It just says it's incomplete and we will contact you in a couple of weeks. The officer told my hubby not to worry and that they will get back to him in few weeks. This is at the Mumbai consulate. I have no idea why its under processing sad.png So I guess they gave an AP for no reason? I just want to know the reason, and if we need to submit any documents- I want to start on that now, but they did not give us any reason whatsoever. I am sure all the documents we had submitted were sufficient and up-to-date, so I'm not sure why it's under processing. Does anyone know the time frame, how long it takes for this to clear? I called DOS and he said if the officer didn't tell him of any missing documents, then we'll just have to wait for them to contact us.. but the wait is so agonizing sad.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.