Regan L

PLEASE HELP!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It depends on the consul, i got a friend who also went through CRBA for his 2 sons and went to the their interview without her husband but got approved too without requiring her a DNA. As long as your wife submit all the complete documents and (its a good thing cause you are already married) then there's nothing for you to worry. During my appointment day i didn't noticed i forgot to include our chat messages and the pre-screener woman asked me" where is your chat messages" i asked her oh, I forgot to attach it. She then laugh and told me " Well, then leave it to Superman then, (lol) i was so worried but i got approved.

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

June 13, 2011 - Application send to USCIS thru Fedex

June 17, 2011 - I-129F Packet received by USCIS Signed for by: JCATES

June 22, 2011 - NOA1 (via email)

Oct. 12, 2011 - NOA2 (on USCIS website)

Nov. 28, 2011 - VISA APPROVED . Thank you Lord!!!

For more Info: Please look at my timeline...

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im in America an am a American citizen my wife is Filipino, im filing a cr1 visa for her now. I gathered up all the required documentation and sent it to her, she gathered the rest of the supporting evidence and went to the Certificate of Birth Abroad appointment i had booked, i could not go because of my work here. When she got there they said that the LCR birth certificate she had for our child was invalid and they needed a NSO birth certificate, and that all her papers were perfect but she needed a nso birth certificate, well my baby is 2 months old and the NSO will not issue our child a birth certificate till she is 3 months old. I can handle that but then they said once my wife gets that info that a DNA test will be required, im so stressed out right now can someone please please tell me how do i get my dna there? What will happen? How long does it take? And how much does it cost?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My fiance(American Citizen) and I filed the CRBA 16 days ago. I gave birth last October 11, 2012 and got my baby's birth certificate from NSO 32 days after I gave birth. I went to Local Civil Registry in Quezon City to ask for an endorsement letter. They forwarded my baby's birth certificate to NSO (advance endorsement)3 weeks after I gave birth. I brought the letter to NSO main office (East Avenue, Quezon City) and they asked me to go to their other building (old one) to ask Ms Chatty (supervisor on 4th floor) to expedite the process for an authenticated birth certificate. 1 day before my daughter's US embassy appointment for CRBA, I was able to get her birth certificate.

DNA is not needed unless the Consul will advise your wife to do so. With our experience, my fiance was with me and our daughter, and they checked our papers and had an interview for 3 minutes and we were approved. 13 days after the appointment, our baby's passport was delivered along with her CRBA certificate.They will usually tell you in the EMbassy to wait for 4 weeks but most people I know got their child's passport in 2 weeks or less.

NOTE: The most important thing they'll look into is proof that you and your wife were together during the time that the baby was conceived.

In our case, not only that we were able to show them passport stamps but also our baby resembles her dad too.;)

Good luck to you and your wife!:)

my baby looks alot like me, everyone was telling my wife that she said while she was in the waiting lobby when she showed them pics, my wife has pics of us together at the time of her gettting pregnant and our wedding, also she has a copy of my passport which shows i was there. but i will not be with her at the interview because of my work, also she has my a copy of my birth certificate and a bunch of other thing like all the required documentaion and my irs tax transcript(all notarized) and screenshots of our fb conversations.

Timeline

the person who told my wife was just the person who takes the papers not the interviewer, do you think there is still a chance she dosent have to get a dna test done? can my wife still get her cr1 visa if the crba is not yet done?

The first person she talked to was a Filipino. They are pre screeners. They will check your requirements before you will have an interview with US Consuls. They will take all the requirements, ask you to pay the fee and will ask you questions. In my experience, she asked me if I know when our baby was conceived since I'm a nurse. She checked our passport stamps(our strong proof that we were together when our baby was conceived). So if she looks at your papers and doubt that the baby is really yours and you can't prove that you were together when the baby was conceived, more likely, she will ask your wife to do DNA test.

***********can my wife still get her cr1 visa if the crba is not yet done?

> A week before we went for CRBA, I had my interview for K1 Visa Application. I was approved. I told them, my fiance and I have a baby and I showed them our baby's birth certificate and that we are filing for CRBA a week after my interview. I showed them our appointment letter for CRBA.

event.png

Timeline

my baby looks alot like me, everyone was telling my wife that she said while she was in the waiting lobby when she showed them pics, my wife has pics of us together at the time of her gettting pregnant and our wedding, also she has a copy of my passport which shows i was there. but i will not be with her at the interview because of my work, also she has my a copy of my birth certificate and a bunch of other thing like all the required documentaion and my irs tax transcript(all notarized) and screenshots of our fb conversations.

Don't worry about the DNA test for now. All she needs to do is to secure an authenticated birth certificate from NSO and then book a CRBA appointment. Booking an appointment is hard since the last time I checked, the available schedules are January 2013. When she has all the requirements, she just go the Embassy with your baby and see if the they will ask her again to do the DNA test.

event.png

the person who told my wife was just the person who takes the papers not the interviewer, do you think there is still a chance she dosent have to get a dna test done? can my wife still get her cr1 visa if the crba is not yet done?

Perhaps the person who told her that thought that she's a fiancee and not a wife. Almost all children born out of wedlock to a US citizen father are being "asked" (because the web site says they do not require it) to undergo DNA testing. The other reason is because your wife did not have the official NSO issued birth certificate for your child. Once you comply with this, then it should be okay. I don't think that you would be required a DNA test unless dates on your documents do not match. These dates are your presence there, and the date of your child's conception, birth, etc.

Yes, you can have a DNA test without being here. They have contracts with laboratories there were samples are sent. St. Lukes here only handles the paperwork but not the actual lab testing.

Timeline

Mostly the consul only require DNA test for those child whose parents are not married yet.

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

June 13, 2011 - Application send to USCIS thru Fedex

June 17, 2011 - I-129F Packet received by USCIS Signed for by: JCATES

June 22, 2011 - NOA1 (via email)

Oct. 12, 2011 - NOA2 (on USCIS website)

Nov. 28, 2011 - VISA APPROVED . Thank you Lord!!!

For more Info: Please look at my timeline...

Timeline

Perhaps the person who told her that thought that she's a fiancee and not a wife. Almost all children born out of wedlock to a US citizen father are being "asked" (because the web site says they do not require it) to undergo DNA testing. The other reason is because your wife did not have the official NSO issued birth certificate for your child. Once you comply with this, then it should be okay. I don't think that you would be required a DNA test unless dates on your documents do not match. These dates are your presence there, and the date of your child's conception, birth, etc.

Yes, you can have a DNA test without being here. They have contracts with laboratories there were samples are sent. St. Lukes here only handles the paperwork but not the actual lab testing.

Joshuaching is right to say this! <The other reason is because your wife did not have the official NSO issued birth certificate for your child. Once you comply with this, then it should be okay. I don't think that you would be required a DNA test unless dates on your documents do not match. These dates are your presence there, and the date of your child's conception, birth, etc.>

In our case, even our baby is born out of wedlock, we were not asked to do the DNA test because, 1.) we have the complete requirements, 2.) my fiance was there, 3.)our baby resembles her dad. Thank God we were approved and got our child's passport after 2 weeks.

But just like what I've said, don't worry too much for now. Just make sure your wife gets all the requirements before the appointment. And Yes, NSO birth certificate is very important.

God bless you and your wife!:)

event.png

During my interview the consul asked me why my fiance is not with me(its just me and my son on the interview day).I told him my fiance have work and he got no day off to come here in the Philippines and accompany me for my interview. He just said oh ok, as long as you are complete with your documents (i gave him every single evidence i can provide) you will be fine. Since he is only my "fiance" at that time ,maybe that's the reason why the consul requested me a DNA test. Everything went smoothly.

I did the CRBA for my son, the USC is my bf. He was not with me due to work and school and was never asked by the consul. I have provided documentations ie pictures, boarding passes from our travel (I went to the US and he went in the PI). We were never never requested for a DNA test. Every consul is different. In regards with the birth certificate, you don't really have to wait for 3 months to request for the NSO BC. If you can have your wife check with municipality (where the little one was regsitered) if they have forwarded your little one's BC to NSO. If so, you can request it at NSO through encensus (link provided above). If not, you will have to coordinate with the municipality to have it expedited (forward to NSO), usually there's a fee. One you have the NSO BC, process teh PI passport too. :)

good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.