kiezner

Police Clearance

1 post in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi! I am sponsoring my Parents to join me here in the US. I am at the point of sending my Mom's other documents and DS230. My problem is that, My Mom has been previously charged and sued to the courts for an Estafa (Bouncing Check) Case last 2002. But after the first hearing, the complainant seemed to be uninterested and never attended the following hearings and the Judge ruled out a decision to provisionally dismiss the case. Recently, my Mom went to the proper agency to secure her Police Clearance (In our country, NBI Clearance is what's preferred) but there was her record for the latter case. She with her attorney, then went to the court and asked the Judge to Permanently Dismiss the case, the Judge though has to summon first the complainant for the last time. Fortunately, the complainant did not appear once again and so the Judge came out with the decision to PERMANENTLY DISMISS the case. After that, my Mom has been able to secure her NBI Clearance showing "NO RECORD ON FILE" on the said clearance following the permanent dismissal of the case. My question is that: Does my Mom need to state the case in her DS230 Part II, Item Number 41 besides having been able to get her Police Clearance showing "NO RECORD ON FILE"? Does she still have to include documents showing the dismissal order? What are the pros and cons of having a criminal case history such as hers? Can it be a ground for denial of her application?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.