dickiebeau

coming to america

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
hi all

i am a 40 year old sales proffesional, recently divorced, and i was wondering what my chances are of getting a visa and the best way to go about it any help gratefully appreciated richard beauchamp

Dickie, too much info missing.

Is it just you that wants to move? Any connection with an American citizen or business? What country are you a citizen of? What research have you already done on the topic?

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Timeline

hi all

i am a 40 year old sales proffesional, recently divorced, and i was wondering what my chances are of getting a visa and the best way to go about it any help gratefully appreciated richard beauchamp

Is it just you that wants to move? Any connection with an American citizen or business? What country are you a citizen of? What research have you already done on the topic?

no connection with a usa citizen, iam from england, no research, i have funds of about 150,000 us dollars and i am just looking for a fresh start on my own or maybe with one of my kids.

Edited by dickiebeau

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hi all

no connection with a usa citizen, iam from england, no research, i have funds of about 150,000 us dollars and i am just looking for a fresh start on my own or maybe with one of my kids.

visajourney.com is mainly for marriage-based visa options, and other immediate family members.

This article discusses your options (which are pretty limited). Think about why you want to move, and don't eliminate other countries as choices (Canada, Australia, New Zealand). It's pretty difficult to get into the US without a good reason.

Pulaski's Ways: How to Live and Work in the USA

Your future questions can be accurately answered in this group:

misc.immigration.usa.newsgroup

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

You need a relation or a job here or you need lots of money, i doubt 150 grand would cut it.

23rd February 2005 Married.

10th May 2005 I130 packet sent to TEXAS forwarded to Cali.

12th May 2005 NOA1 Received date.

14th May 2005 delivered at 4:34 am LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607.

23rd May 2005 NOA1 notice date.

27th May 2005 NOA1 hits the mailbox.

13th August 2005 po po form mailed off with £10 cheque.

2nd September 2005 po po letter arrives.

3rd September a 4 week visit to GA assuming i get allowed in.

30th september 130 days on I130 and counting.

(Hopefully i finally get a wedding ring today too)

30th November NOA2 date. woohoo

January 2006 case arrives at NVC finally(not sure about exact date)

17th February 2006 IV bill mailed back

21st April case complete (sorry i have missed some dates of forms going back and forth)

2nd May case forwarded to Embassy in London

10th July 2006 visa interview 10.30 a.m.

clyde80b.gifmeandnikki.gif

http://www.corona-baster.org

• 2 weeks later...

Investment Visas need $ 1 Million or 500K in government designated areas with low employment.

You would be better looking at a commonwealth country for VISA's - it is hard to come to the states without family or business.

I did an exchange through my university originaly. (Where I met my future wife for the first time)

I also did an internship VIA council exchanges ( www.ciee.org ) - not sure what the age limit on this is now but it used to be 45 max.

You could go back to college and attend a US school - Depends how much $$$ you have to burn.

You could also buy property and just visit regulary as a tourist.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.