Payal Sharma

P4 Received but there is a question?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I have received P4 (through email) from NVC on 2nd October stating that my interview is on 25th November. My question is should I get any hard copy from Bombay NVC and one thing I don't know where to take Medical examinations since nothing is mentioned on that letter. Please let me know in details. Do they send anything in hard copy about medical details.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I have received P4 (through email) from NVC on 2nd October stating that my interview is on 25th November. My question is should I get any hard copy from Bombay NVC and one thing I don't know where to take Medical examinations since nothing is mentioned on that letter. Please let me know in details. Do they send anything in hard copy about medical details.

Payal, you can take a print out of interview letter from email.

For medical, please visit Lilavati Hospital located at Bandra. First, you will need to take a appointment for Medical Examination.

I am not pasting the link here because external links are not allowed here I believe. Please see details below:

=======================

For appointments -

Contact Visa Section - Telephone: 26568248

Monday to Friday - Between 11 am to 1 Noon and 2 pm to 4 Noon

INSTRUCTIONS FOR USA VISA MEDICAL

Visa Section is located on the Second floor (Left hand side of the Cafeteria)

Registration is compulsory in the Hospital.

Reporting timing morning 9.00 am

NO FASTING REQUIRED YOU CAN HAVE YOUR BREAKFAST

Applicant has to carry original passport

Applicant has to carry original call or appointment letter

Two passport size photograph

Total charge for 15 yrs & above is Rs. 1,600 below 15 years is Rs. 1,000

Vaccination, if advised by the Doctor will be charged additionally

Please bring any previous medical or vaccination records. For children below 10 years vaccine record is must.

Children from 2 to 14 years Mt skin test will be done and their reports will be issued after three days.

Saturday, Sunday and on public holidays visa department is closed.

If medical reports are normal they are handed over to the applicant on the next day between 2.00 pm to 4.p.m only.

If there is any abnormality in the report then the applicant has to go for further investigation according to the immigrant rules of CDC which will be advice by the Physician.

For any queries or to take an Appointment you can call us on our hospital board nos. 26751000 / 26568000 Ext. no 8248 & Direct line 26758248.

Lilavati Email Id: visa@lilavatihospital.com

================

Lilavati Hospital & Research Centre

Address : A - 791, Bandra Reclamation,

Bandra (W), Mumbai - 400 050. India.

================================

For Mumbai Panel, please see following lists of Hospital:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/890/pdfs/PANEL-PHYSICIANS-MUMBAI.pdf

Timeline

Payal, you can take a print out of interview letter from email.

For medical, please visit Lilavati Hospital located at Bandra. First, you will need to take a appointment for Medical Examination.

I am not pasting the link here because external links are not allowed here I believe. Please see details below:

=======================

For appointments -

Contact Visa Section - Telephone: 26568248

Monday to Friday - Between 11 am to 1 Noon and 2 pm to 4 Noon

INSTRUCTIONS FOR USA VISA MEDICAL

Visa Section is located on the Second floor (Left hand side of the Cafeteria)

Registration is compulsory in the Hospital.

Reporting timing morning 9.00 am

NO FASTING REQUIRED YOU CAN HAVE YOUR BREAKFAST

Applicant has to carry original passport

Applicant has to carry original call or appointment letter

Two passport size photograph

Total charge for 15 yrs & above is Rs. 1,600 below 15 years is Rs. 1,000

Vaccination, if advised by the Doctor will be charged additionally

Please bring any previous medical or vaccination records. For children below 10 years vaccine record is must.

Children from 2 to 14 years Mt skin test will be done and their reports will be issued after three days.

Saturday, Sunday and on public holidays visa department is closed.

If medical reports are normal they are handed over to the applicant on the next day between 2.00 pm to 4.p.m only.

If there is any abnormality in the report then the applicant has to go for further investigation according to the immigrant rules of CDC which will be advice by the Physician.

For any queries or to take an Appointment you can call us on our hospital board nos. 26751000 / 26568000 Ext. no 8248 & Direct line 26758248.

Lilavati Email Id: visa@lilavatihospital.com

================

Lilavati Hospital & Research Centre

Address : A - 791, Bandra Reclamation,

Bandra (W), Mumbai - 400 050. India.

================================

For Mumbai Panel, please see following lists of Hospital:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/890/pdfs/PANEL-PHYSICIANS-MUMBAI.pdf

Hi,

Thank you so much for the complete information. But I have one question and that is I am in Durgapur, which is in West Bengal so I think it will be easier for me to get the medical exams done from Kolkata. US consulate also authorized the Kolkata's Apollo Gleneagles Hospital Ltd. as one of the Panel of physician under this category. So not sure whether I will do it from Mumbai or Kolkata or Will NVC let me know about Medical details?

This is a big confusion since other than the letter, they didn't send me any medical details..

Regards,

Timeline

Hi,

Thank you so much for the complete information. But I have one question and that is I am in Durgapur, which is in West Bengal so I think it will be easier for me to get the medical exams done from Kolkata. US consulate also authorized the Kolkata's Apollo Gleneagles Hospital Ltd. as one of the Panel of physician under this category. So not sure whether I will do it from Mumbai or Kolkata or Will NVC let me know about Medical details?

This is a big confusion since other than the letter, they didn't send me any medical details..

Regards,

Yes, you can also do it from Kolkata. This would be more convenient to you.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/890/pdfs/PANEL-PHYSICIANS-KOLKATA.pdf

Thanks

Timeline

Yes, you can also do it from Kolkata. This would be more convenient to you.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/890/pdfs/PANEL-PHYSICIANS-KOLKATA.pdf

Thanks

Thanks a lot. Now getting a sigh of relief :) !

Hi,

Hi Payal,

I'm in a similar situation as you. I also got the interview appointment through email. I was expecting a hard copy, so I'm wondering if this is genuine... I got the email from the address: MUMBAIIV@state.gov and the sender's name is 'MUMBAI IV'. Did you get your email from a same or similar address? I'm hoping it's not a scam. It looks quite authentic, but I want to be 100%. I'm probably being paranoid :unsure:

I hope you'll reply me soon.

Timeline

Hi Payal,

I'm in a similar situation as you. I also got the interview appointment through email. I was expecting a hard copy, so I'm wondering if this is genuine... I got the email from the address: MUMBAIIV@state.gov and the sender's name is 'MUMBAI IV'. Did you get your email from a same or similar address? I'm hoping it's not a scam. It looks quite authentic, but I want to be 100%. I'm probably being paranoid :unsure:

Hi,

First of all don't worry but please contact NVC, as I got my email from NVC and not from Mumbai Consulate as the NVC will fix the interview along with the scheduled time with Mumbai Embassy. Please tell your husband to call NVC and get the details. BTW what is your Visa preference category as mine is CR1

Timeline

Hi,

First of all don't worry but please contact NVC, as I got my email from NVC and not from Mumbai Consulate as the NVC will fix the interview along with the scheduled time with Mumbai Embassy. Please tell your husband to call NVC and get the details. BTW what is your Visa preference category as mine is CR1

Hi,

Please visit this site http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse and you will get all the details.

Timeline

Hi Payal,

As you are in K1 Category and I was in same category. I got my appointment letter from VFS center. Do not worry, please check the interview date and match it in PDF file if its updated in Mumbai Consulate website. Then you will feel relief. If not, then wait for new listing for November month.

Timeline

As you are in K1 Category and I was in same category. I got my appointment letter from VFS center. Do not worry, please check the interview date and match it in PDF file if its updated in Mumbai Consulate website. Then you will feel relief. If not, then wait for new listing for November month.

Hi,

Greetings!

I didn't know that it is for K1 visa category as I comes under K3 visa category and now I understand why I received email from NVC and she received it from Mumbai Consulate. This forum is really very good and informative. Thanks a lot once again for the information.

Timeline

Hi,

Greetings!

I have received my appointment email from NVC for the CR1 visa category (k3) and my interview is on XXX/11/2012. My question is they didn't send me any medical details or any letter mentioning the same. However in the appointment letter, they send me the US state gov's link for all the details regarding the interview mentioning that strictly follow the rules as failure to do so can delay visa at any step. I have gone through that site and in that site, panel of physicians are mentioned there (i.e Mumbai, kolkata and Chennai)under medical.

So my question is, should I follow that link and go ahead with the Medical tests? because first I have to take appointment with the physican as per his suitability and above all this is a month of festivals so reaching a physican will be little tough because of already sheduled leave of the physcian.

Kindly advise me should I start taking/ contacting with the physician at the earliest as my interview is on November or NVC will send me any last minute email for the mediacl as well? My nearest medical center will be Kolkata so it will be convenient for me to take medical from kolkata.

Please advise!

Timeline

Hi,

Greetings!

I have received my appointment email from NVC for the CR1 visa category (k3) and my interview is on XXX/11/2012. My question is they didn't send me any medical details or any letter mentioning the same. However in the appointment letter, they send me the US state gov's link for all the details regarding the interview mentioning that strictly follow the rules as failure to do so can delay visa at any step. I have gone through that site and in that site, panel of physicians are mentioned there (i.e Mumbai, kolkata and Chennai)under medical.

So my question is, should I follow that link and go ahead with the Medical tests? because first I have to take appointment with the physican as per his suitability and above all this is a month of festivals so reaching a physican will be little tough because of already sheduled leave of the physcian.

Kindly advise me should I start taking/ contacting with the physician at the earliest as my interview is on November or NVC will send me any last minute email for the mediacl as well? My nearest medical center will be Kolkata so it will be convenient for me to take medical from kolkata.

Please advise!

Hi,

Please make your appointment fixed today itself. But remember one thing, please make it done your medical examination just before 3-4 days of your interview date. You can make your appointment today for future dates.

The main reason of this, the medical report is valid for 3 months only. Hence, do not prepare it one month before of your Interview date. If anything goes wrong in interview or your case goes pending then it would be a headache for you. I am not trying to confuse here but you should be prepared for all these things.

NVC is not going to send any last minute alert for Medical Report. They just send the link which we need to follow which you already got it.

So, for eg; if your CR1 interview date is 10th November 2012, then please do your medical examination on 2nd or 3rd November. You will get the report next day or same day if everything is normal.

And secondly, after fixing medical appointment date, try to gather all other documents which are needed for interview/or visa.

Thanks

Timeline

Hi,

Just I have checked the November listing as the new list has been updated and searched my case # as my interview is on November 26 in Mumbai Consualte but I didn't find my case # there. Why is it so? Or they will update it later in this month? I am little anxious. Please let me know.

Timeline

Hi,

Just I have checked the November listing as the new list has been updated and searched my case # as my interview is on November 26 in Mumbai Consualte but I didn't find my case # there. Why is it so? Or they will update it later in this month? I am little anxious. Please let me know.

No worries. They update twice in a month. Sometimes after your interview is done. By the way, they have not updated the interview from 21st to 28th Nov.

In my case, I got my interview date but it was not mentioned in PDF file as yours. When I was done with my interview then they updated later. :)

So, please be assured.

If more doubts, please contact call center at their number.

Thanks

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

Please make your appointment fixed today itself. But remember one thing, please make it done your medical examination just before 3-4 days of your interview date. You can make your appointment today for future dates.

The main reason of this, the medical report is valid for 3 months only. Hence, do not prepare it one month before of your Interview date. If anything goes wrong in interview or your case goes pending then it would be a headache for you. I am not trying to confuse here but you should be prepared for all these things.

NVC is not going to send any last minute alert for Medical Report. They just send the link which we need to follow which you already got it.

So, for eg; if your CR1 interview date is 10th November 2012, then please do your medical examination on 2nd or 3rd November. You will get the report next day or same day if everything is normal.

And secondly, after fixing medical appointment date, try to gather all other documents which are needed for interview/or visa.

Thanks

As far as i know...Medical Report is generally valid for 6 months....I haven't heard Medical report is valid for 3 months...But may be it would be valid for 3 months...I think its better to ask either VFS guys or Consulate abt its validity...

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.