ANC_____007

Pakistan marriage Certificate( nikkahnama ) or Marriage registration?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am not sure if anyone can answer this question without being from Pakistan, so i will ask everyone from pakistan who already sent their DS230 to please answer me.

I have a Nikkahnama ( marriage certificate) and engish translation of it. is that ok to send with my DS 230 or do i need to get the marriage registeration from union counsel? I did register my wedding with union counsel and they did give me the registeration and i have a copy of it, but the original we cant find. i am wondering if they will accept the original nikkahnama and english translation of it instead of marriage registeration issued by union counsel..

i wonder if anyone knows if i can get another copy from union counsel?

Timeline

I am not sure if anyone can answer this question without being from Pakistan, so i will ask everyone from pakistan who already sent their DS230 to please answer me.

I have a Nikkahnama ( marriage certificate) and engish translation of it. is that ok to send with my DS 230 or do i need to get the marriage registeration from union counsel? I did register my wedding with union counsel and they did give me the registeration and i have a copy of it, but the original we cant find. i am wondering if they will accept the original nikkahnama and english translation of it instead of marriage registeration issued by union counsel..

Just send in what ever you have now

Later US Embassy will ask you to bring all the original docs to the Interview

omqnwp93ba3er.png

Timeline

Submit the original Nikahnama and the copy of the registration. I did the same and it was accepted without any issues.

11/04/11 Got Married

USCIS:

12/28/11 - I-130 Sent

12/30/11 - NOA1 Received

06/08/12 - NOA2 Received

NVC:

07/02/12 - Case arrived at NVC

07/12/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses

07/13/12 - E-mailed DS-3032 from Beneficiary's e-mail address

07/23/12 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID

07/24/12 - DS-3032 accepted, IV bill invoiced & PAID

07/25/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID, IV bill appears as PAID, AOS Package sent, IV Package sent

07/26/12 - AOS and IV Packages delivered to NVC

08/01/12 - AOS/I-864 accepted, Checklist Issued for DS-230

08/13/12 - Responded to Checklist

08/20/12 - IV accepted, Case Complete

09/14/12 - Interview date Assigned (Interview Date: 10/04/12)

Medical/US Consulate/POE:

09/21/12 - Medical

10/04/12 - Interview (Approved!)

10/08/12 - Visa received

11/02/12 - POE (Chicago, IL)

11/25/12 - Received Permanent Resident Card

11/26/12 - Applied for SSN at SSA Office

Timeline

I just sent my documents yesterday. It seems that they give more importance to the Marriage Registration Certificate, while it is also useful to submit your original nikhanama since it has your signatures. I would suggest that you should that you should submit the original nikahnama and get another Marriage Registration Certificate issued by taking the photocopy you have and a copy of your Nikhanama to the Registrar's office. It took me only two days to get it made for the first time and maybe if they are just printing another copy of it it would be quicker. I'm suggesting this based on the possibility that they send you an RFE asking for it and it delays the process further. If this is not convenient for your at the moment, you could alternatively get the copy you have certified from the Union Council. The first option, though, getting a new one made based on the photocopy is the best one though.

Good luck. Feel free to PM as well if you need any kind of help!

12/31/11 - Got Married

01/28/12 - Entered the United States on B1/B2 Visa

03/09/12 - I-130 Sent

03/16/12 - NOA1 Received

07/25/12 - Exited the United States before six months were up

08/09/12 - Petitioning spouse visited local USCIS office to inquire about case progress

08/14/12 - NOA2 Received, I-130 Approved

08/23/12 - Petitioning spouse contacted local Congress Person on helping expedite process

08/27/12 - Case number given by NVC over the phone

09/10/12 - Received case #, IIN, BIN and DS-3032 from NVC by email

09/13/12 - Couriered DS-3032 from Pakistan

09/14/12 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID

09/17/12 - DS-3032 delivered to NVC office in NH

09/18/12 - Affidavit of Support packet delivered to NVC office in NH

09/26/12 - DS-3032 Accepted, IV Bill Received, IV Bill Paid

09/28/12 - DS-230 and Civil Documents couriered to NVC

Timeline

Submit the original Nikahnama and the copy of the registration. I did the same and it was accepted without any issues.

Or you could go with this option and get another original Marriage Registration Certificate issued before the interview so the Embassy doesn't use it an excuse to delay your processing.

12/31/11 - Got Married

01/28/12 - Entered the United States on B1/B2 Visa

03/09/12 - I-130 Sent

03/16/12 - NOA1 Received

07/25/12 - Exited the United States before six months were up

08/09/12 - Petitioning spouse visited local USCIS office to inquire about case progress

08/14/12 - NOA2 Received, I-130 Approved

08/23/12 - Petitioning spouse contacted local Congress Person on helping expedite process

08/27/12 - Case number given by NVC over the phone

09/10/12 - Received case #, IIN, BIN and DS-3032 from NVC by email

09/13/12 - Couriered DS-3032 from Pakistan

09/14/12 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID

09/17/12 - DS-3032 delivered to NVC office in NH

09/18/12 - Affidavit of Support packet delivered to NVC office in NH

09/26/12 - DS-3032 Accepted, IV Bill Received, IV Bill Paid

09/28/12 - DS-230 and Civil Documents couriered to NVC

Timeline

Or you could go with this option and get another original Marriage Registration Certificate issued before the interview so the Embassy doesn't use it an excuse to delay your processing.

I also submitted my Original Nikah nama in English but NVC suggested to have my wife take the Original Nikah nama at the time of the interview with her to the Embassy. For them the Original Nikah nama is the one in Urdu even we made Original Nikah Nama in English but still they want to see the Urdu one Orignal. We do have it and I am having it translate and will have my wife take it with her to the Embassy.

I also submitted the "Marriage Registration Certificate" Original issued by NADRA to NVC with DS-230.

So, you are saying here that even I submitted the Original "Marriage Registration Certificate" from NADRA to NVC I need to make another one from NADRA to have my wife take it to the Embassy at the time of her interview??

Didn't NVC will send the Original documents to the Embassy we submitted with DS-230????

By the way our case still in final review at NVC since 9/15/12.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Respected Members,

I have just sent English Nikkah Nama and i do have Original one (native language). Can any tell me how to get the 'Marriage Registration Certificate'. May be NVC ask me about that at the time of Interview. Kindly let me know the procedure of how to Obtain Marriage Registration Certificate, what form do i need to use and how long does it take???

thanks in advance.

kashj

PD Date: 22 June 2010

Case Complete: August 2011

Interview: 19th Nov 2012

Result: AP ( Green Sheet & no documents required)

VISA in hand: 07 dec 2012 :)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Respected Members,

I have just sent English Nikkah Nama and i do have Original one (native language). Can any tell me how to get the 'Marriage Registration Certificate'. May be NVC ask me about that at the time of Interview. Kindly let me know the procedure of how to Obtain Marriage Registration Certificate, what form do i need to use and how long does it take???

thanks in advance.

kashj

You need to contact the local Union Counsel office where your Nikkah took place, you will need to show them your original Urdu Nikkahnama and they might even ask the Mulana who perform the Nikkah to come too, but they might not ask for him, but you need to go to your local union counsel office and ask them. it is very important that you have it, incase they ask for it at the interview.

Good luck

Thank you guys, i just asked my wife to get a new copy of Marriage registration certificate, and now i sent that with original urdu nikkahna and translation of the urdu nikkahnama. thank you all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.