ITERtheway

OPT to family based GC - question in forms I130 and G325A

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am on F1-OPT now and applying for AOS through concurrent filing (My wife is US citizen). I am planning to file sometime in October. I have the following questions in form I-130 and G-325a. I appreciate any clarifications.

I-130

1) Item 10 in section C (Information about your relative) asks for Alien Registration number: I am on F1-OPT so I have a EAD card, on this card there is number which reads USCIS# xxx-xxx-xxx. Is this the alien registration number that I have to use? or shall I just put N/A.

2) Item 14 in section C asks for "Date authorized stay expired, or will expire, as shown on Form I-94 or I-95": In the I-94 pinned to my passport I don't find any such dates so I just put N/A, is it fine?

3) Item 21 asks If filing for your husband/wife give last address at which you lived together: We just got married two weeks ago and we can't live together till we graduate (we are grad students studying in the opposite ends of the country). I answered N/A for this question. Can this be a reason to reject my GC?

G-325A

1) In Form I-130 Instructions (page 3), the instructions for G-325A says "Except for your name and signature you do not have to repeat on Form G-325A the information given on your Form I-130 petition," is this applicable to both petitioner and beneficiary? to avoid this ambiguity and just to be on the safe side I want to fill up everything in Form G-325A, is it fine?

2) In the top row of the form, what is this file number that has A written in that box?

3) Close to the end of the form it asks "This form is submitted in connection with an application for", I am confused with the options (its definitely not naturalization). We are submitting this form along with I-130 which is petition for Alien relative. So do I have to check "Other" and mention petition for Alien relative or do I have to check the box "Status as permanent resident".

4) As part of I-130 application, we have to submit two form G-325A's, one for sponsor and one for beneficiary. The applicant for this petition is my wife, does that mean both G-325A's should be signed by her and its her details that go in to heavy border box at the bottom of the form in both the forms?

Thank you for your time

Edited by ITERtheway

I was F1 student when I adjusted.

Date authorized to stay minse had D/S (Dutation status) thats what I put

I do not believe you have an alien registration # until you file and uscis provide one

I would advise to get one address either she moves or you move but have a common address. You can still study but have an address that will have both names on the lease and show bills are paid together.

You can repeat the info on G-325A it will not harm although its not required filling the information will not hurt.

The form is submitted for "permanet resident"

You need two G-325A your wife has to complete one and you have to complete the other.

Best of luck

Edited by gerushx

I would advise to get one address either she moves or you move but have a common address. You can still study but have an address that will have both names on the lease and show bills are paid together.

This worries me a lot. I am about to finish my studies, so can't move to a new place and start a new lease. My fiance signed a one year lease recently. The question is asking for the address that we last lived together. We just got married and planning to graduate soon and start living together asap. There is no way now to show that we lived together. I hope this will not be the reason my application gets denied. Fingers crossed :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.