limfam

N-400 processing time with jucial oath ceremony?

2 posts in this topic

My hubby applied n-400 after having green card for 4 and 9 months on 4/28/12

After biometrics done, we moved down to GA from NY and changed the address on his application over the internet and phone with rep.

Somehow the address did not chagne, so my hubby had an interview in NYC 9/5/12 (we actually flew back to NY to have an interview)

The USCIS office updated the address on spot and told my husband his oath ceremony in GA.

After three weeks of waiting, USCIS updated his case status to "On September 19, 2012, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que"

He called USCIS to make sure that his application address has been updated to GA. and it did updated.

I was searching when he will be going to oath ceremony.

Since he requested his name to be changed, he will need to attend judicial oath ceremony which will take about at least 3-5 months to be scheduled.

Does anyone have experience with ATL judical oath ceremony? (how long did you wait after you were put in the oath scheduling que?)

I really need my hubby to become a citizen asap since I need to file my I-485 based on marriage.

Any comments will be appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.