Bad_Daddy

Report: California state debt twice that of New York’s, more than Greece

78 posts in this topic

sure. Others like to refer to it as the Alaska State Budget. What a joke indeed.

We have had a budget surplus every year for the last decade. When you make more money than you spend that's a good thing. In fact this state has been socking away money for a rainy day for years now. And that's not the oil tax fund I'm talking about, that's an entirely separate thing.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Timeline

I can't. I'm trying to get hired by the Romney campaign.

So you admit you're lying. Good. It's a start.

In fact this state has been socking away money for a rainy day for years now.

Just don't tell those shiftless no good dregs of society from chicago where it is. You know what happens if you do.

:rofl: girl, you got jokes.

disney world is way better.

Yeah, we visited Disneyland this year. Depressing. The park is falling apart. But it was the wife's first time, so she was impressed. Maybe we will try the new park, what is it, California Adventure Park?

Yeah, we visited Disneyland this year. Depressing. The park is falling apart. But it was the wife's first time, so she was impressed. Maybe we will try the new park, what is it, California Adventure Park?

Or you could fly to Orlando. I know the east coast scares you left coast types but you could try.

Unlike Alaska, Florida is not hanging on Uncle Sam's teat. We'd do just fine without having to support the leeches of this Union. As would California, by the way.

I seriously hope you aren't one of those college boys. 99% of that Fed money (excluding highway funding) goes to the Alaskan natives up here. Do you think any of us up here other than the natives want to see them get that Fed money? If we had our way they wouldn't get an extra dime.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Or you could fly to Orlando. I know the east coast scares you left coast types but you could try.

I am sending her to Texas next month. Let's see how that goes. I have been to the east coast. Atlantic City is just like Reno, only smaller and without the view.

I am sending her to Texas next month. Let's see how that goes. I have been to the east coast. Atlantic City is just like Reno, only smaller and without the view.

AC is a dump. What possessed you to go there, given how close you are to Vegas?

I seriously hope you aren't one of those college boys. 99% of that Fed money (excluding highway funding) goes to the Alaskan natives up here. Do you think any of us up here other than the natives want to see them get that Fed money? If we had our way they wouldn't get an extra dime.

If Alaska were an independent country, those shiftless no good natives would be required to work. And there would be no minimum wage either, freeing up the entrepreneurial spirit of good virtuous Alaskans!

Native means the state belongs to them. You are just the hired help.

Native means the state belongs to them. You are just the hired help.

They were a package deal when we purchased Alaska from Russia.

Iv'e been to Atlantic City...years ago and I thought it was a ####### hole. I would take Reno over it any day of the week, not to even mention Vegas.

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

AC is a dump. What possessed you to go there, given how close you are to Vegas?

At the time, I was attending the Engineer Officer Basic Course at Fort Belvoir, just outside of D.C. It seemed like a nice place to go for the weekend. It wasn't. Nice drive, though.

At the time, I was attending the Engineer Officer Basic Course at Fort Belvoir, just outside of D.C. It seemed like a nice place to go for the weekend. It wasn't. Nice drive, though.

old people tell me AC was even worse in the 70s and 80s.

it sucks now so i find that very difficult to comprehend.

We have had a budget surplus every year for the last decade. When you make more money than you spend that's a good thing. In fact this state has been socking away money for a rainy day for years now. And that's not the oil tax fund I'm talking about, that's an entirely separate thing.

From the Alaska Dispatch - which you quoted earlier.

Alaska's debt load highest in US