HandN

Things to do for process between NOA1 & NOA2 when in country

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Shortly I will be traveling to visit my fiancee in Viet and have "le Dinh Hon" (engagement ceremony). We are planning something modest, and a little mix of both west and east.

This will be photographed and video taped with her family. I didn't know back before starting this process, but the dinh hon is a throw down party, much like a western reception after the wedding as much as i can tell.

My question is while I am there, are there things we can be doing to ease the future process? We have NOA1 but only about a month. I plan to give her the copy of the original package so i don't have to send it. Is there anything else I can accomplish now on this trip?

Visit the embassy? start any processes for her, police report, ect.

Suggestions.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Take as many photos as you can in different clothing at different locations different people with you two as increased documentation of ongoing relationship. bring notarized copies of anything she will need at the interview with you so you wont have to send fedex$$$. Always be talking with her about you, your family, job etc... they can ask her a wide variety of questions and any time reinforcing that info is time well spent.

Make sure she understand what all needs to be taken to the interview and that you are both working to address all of those documents... download pkt 3 & 4 and make a checklist of what is required... go down the list and work through it together.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Make sure she understand what all needs to be taken to the interview and that you are both working to address all of those documents... download pkt 3 & 4 and make a checklist of what is required... go down the list and work through it together.

What needs to be notarized? Where can I download package 3 and 4?

I plan to have much discussion of the upcoming process with her to ease her understanding of what I am looking for. Also to prepare her for the work that is required by her to do.

I am concerned that If I do something to early it will be required to be done again... :angry:

Thanks, this site is such an amazing resource.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Now that I see how far you have until the interview, it looks early to get much of the financial stuff done since you may hve this years taxes done by then. focus on the pics and prrof of bonafide relationship.. get the notarization done at your bank when the time comes... pkt 3 & 4 are available at the HCMC consulate website.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Op - Takes lots of pictures with you, fiancée and her family together. The CO will look at these. Gave your fiancée a more recent letter of Intent to marry her if you don't plan on going to interview.

Maybe start process of getting the justice record checks as these can take 4-6 weeks to get. It's good for 1 year as I understand it. As Scott mentioned, go to the HCMC consulate web site and download the two packets. They were known as packet 3&4 but I think they changed name to Instruction and appointment packages. HCMC is one of the toughest consulates so it's highly recommended that you go to interview if you can.

Best wishes!

Timeline

Thanks.

I do plan to go to the interview.

I already have several pictures with the family from previous visits, including a family trip to their "Hometown" together, submitted in original I-129f. I love taking pictures and have learned now that we need more pictures showing together, than one of each at the same event.

It is a very bonafide relationship that has grown over 2 yrs and several visits to country. Since most travel is done via bus/vehicle and hotel receipts just place me in country. I have past flights putting us together within last 2 years. I believe I have satisfied all requisites so far.

I will download both packages and review them. Other than more bonafide relationship and USC ability to support. Now it is her for documentation?

I am just trying to ease the process and look forward to what else is needed. So we are not rushing around later. And some "ah" I didn't think of that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.