JonandMarie

DCF after Marriage (Manila Philippines)

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone else tried doing a DCF at the US Embassy in Manila without being a TRV status Visa for 6 months already? I have lived in the Philippines since May 5th this year and we are getting Married October 14th 2012. After that she will sponsor me for a TRV visa here in the Philippines. Because I will have lived here legally since May as a tourist do we qualify for the DCF option or does the Manila UCISC care about your visa status while living in the Philippines?

I am interested about what others experiences are in doing a DCF with the Manila UCISC office...

Did you live in the Philippines for 6 months before applying? Did you have a TRV (Temporary Resident 13a) visa the entire 6 months?

Did you have to submit proof of living in the Philippines if so what did you use?

This time is stressful for us because we really need the 3 month window to avoid running out of money. We are both not working at the moment and Philippines wages are not great compared to even American Minimum wage. I dread the 10 month IR-1 process if DCF is not applicable to us.

Any happy success stories using the DCF option? I read some post before of some other couples doing the DCF now in Mania, but didn't see where they shared about their history of living in the Philippines before applying for the DCF. Or I didn't read good before posting here hehehe.

Many thanks for anything you can share!

Jonathan and Marie

Has anyone else tried doing a DCF at the US Embassy in Manila without being a TRV status Visa for 6 months already? I have lived in the Philippines since May 5th this year and we are getting Married October 14th 2012. After that she will sponsor me for a TRV visa here in the Philippines. Because I will have lived here legally since May as a tourist do we qualify for the DCF option or does the Manila UCISC care about your visa status while living in the Philippines?

I am interested about what others experiences are in doing a DCF with the Manila UCISC office...

Did you live in the Philippines for 6 months before applying? Did you have a TRV (Temporary Resident 13a) visa the entire 6 months?

Did you have to submit proof of living in the Philippines if so what did you use?

This time is stressful for us because we really need the 3 month window to avoid running out of money. We are both not working at the moment and Philippines wages are not great compared to even American Minimum wage. I dread the 10 month IR-1 process if DCF is not applicable to us.

Any happy success stories using the DCF option? I read some post before of some other couples doing the DCF now in Mania, but didn't see where they shared about their history of living in the Philippines before applying for the DCF. Or I didn't read good before posting here hehehe.

Jonathan and Marie

i'm no expert, i actually just filed a couple of months ago... but based on what i've taken in from this site is that you should be a resident here for 6 months. i don't imagine the tourist visa will cut it. the officer at window 25 confirmed that i had established residency before letting me know it would be treated as DCF. i had to present my transcripts that were dated and had my local address on it.

however, since i'm not an expert, do wait for more replies. good luck

I dread the 10 month IR-1 process if DCF is not applicable to us.

I also submitted my ITR since i've been working here since last year.. so this in itself was enough, i believe.

i'm not sure about the IR-1, but i think that visa is granted also a DCF which doesn't take any longer to process than the CR-1... although, you need to have been married for at least 2 years to qualify for that one.. from my understanding.

DCF is the way to go if you can establish 6 months residency, from the start of filing to interview date - it would be LESS than 3 months for my case.

if you do establish residency, take my advice and don't wait for packets.... do your initial filing, and about a week or two later go in person to see if you have a case number (bring your ds230 and ds2001)...

Jonathan and Marie

You can not do a DCF at the US Embassy in Manil a without being a permanent resident of the Philippines. To be one, your wife must petition for you to stay there in the same process as you are going to be petitioning her to come to the US. The US Embassy won't look at you as a permanent resident of the Philippines until you have obtained an ACR (Alien Certificate of Registration) from the Philippine government.

Now, my advise to you is to either do a "fiance vis", or file a petition through the office responsible for your residential area. You're not saving any time by doing a DCF after you become a Philippine resident. Believe me as I've been there and done that..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can not do a DCF at the US Embassy in Manil a without being a permanent resident of the Philippines. To be one, your wife must petition for you to stay there in the same process as you are going to be petitioning her to come to the US. The US Embassy won't look at you as a permanent resident of the Philippines until you have obtained an ACR (Alien Certificate of Registration) from the Philippine government.

Now, my advise to you is to either do a "fiance vis", or file a petition through the office responsible for your residential area. You're not saving any time by doing a DCF after you become a Philippine resident. Believe me as I've been there and done that..

That is not true. I filed DCF on a tourist visa with just my driver's licenses to prove residency. I filed May 9th, 2012 and my wife and I are now in the US. The only requirement to file DCF is 6 months of residence. They don't care which visa you are on.

That is not true. I filed DCF on a tourist visa with just my driver's licenses to prove residency. I filed May 9th, 2012 and my wife and I are now in the US. The only requirement to file DCF is 6 months of residence. They don't care which visa you are on.

Once in a blue moon, someone gets away with it I guess. But the rule is that you must be a permanent resident and the only proof they require is an ACR card. I have been living in the Philippines since 2005 on a BB Visa and exit the country once a year. I tried a DCF but I was turned down. Rather than waste my time with the US Embassy, I went ahead and filed mine with the Phoenix, AZ lockbox.

I'm two thirds of the way now with my paper works almost done at NVC. I am not in a hurry to get to the US anyway so I am just taking my time as I still have a lot of things to dispose of before our emigration to the US.

• 10 months later...

Can u help.me.out ..I did a dcf in manila. For.my.husband amd children.as ir1 and ir2 iv. Once it was approved I received packet3 with their case numbers. And stated to complete ds-230 and ds-2001 notification of readiness .I sent it to the immgrant visa unit. And got a reply after a few weeks to make my appt. Was this the same process u went thru...I haven't received any aos fee invoice or the iv fee invoice. And do I have to complete ds.3032? And ds260 or ds261 ...don't know wat to do next or if I did it right but they already have a scheduled appointment.can the fees be paid at the time of appointment?

I wanna know the step process when after filing dcf in manila.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.