tsan

DCF Manila Recommendations

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

Since I have benefited tremendously from this forum, I thought I would add some advice :

We filed our petition on the first week of July. Every two weeks, we called the USCIS Window 25 (phone number +63-2-301-2224) to inquire on the status of our petition. Each time I called, the person asked my wife's name and when we filed, then after checking the status, informed me it was "still pending" and then stated " the petition process takes 3-6 months to be approved, you should call back when it has been 3 months since you filed your petition".

My first recommendation is to be not be discouraged by that. It is not accurate.

I began to get concerned when after a month and a half I recieved the same "still pending" status when I called Window 25, and I also hadn't received anything in the mail. I called the USCIS on august 15 and still the same message "still pending". On August 24 I called the embassy and asked to speak with someone at the Immigrant Visa Section - who told me the petition was approved and forwarded to them on July 31. (!!!??!!)

Recommendation #2 - call the Immigrant Visa office after 4 weeks to check if you've been approved. continue calling the IV office - they'll be able to tell you when the petition has arrived on their desk.

The lady on the phone told me I could fax my DS-230 and DS-2001 to the IV section. I asked for my case number and they would not give it on the phone. I went there today and handed in a DS-230 and DS-2001 (that i found off a website dated 2006 because I believe this form is no longer used as it cannot be found on the state department's website). I submitted these two forms and I got my case number and the interview is scheduled. Time for medical and police clearance. We scheduled the interview for the beginning of October to allow time for the medical, because you can't do your medical until you have your case number.

Recommendation # 3 - go there in person and hand in your DS-230 and DS-2001 as soon as you hear from IV that the petition is approved - don't wait for the packet in the mail.

I hope this is helpful for some people.

Edited by tsan

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for sharing buddy.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

good.gifyes.gif

Hi,

Since I have benefited tremendously from this forum, I thought I would add some advice :

We filed our petition on the first week of July. Every two weeks, we called the USCIS Window 25 (phone number +63-2-301-2224) to inquire on the status of our petition. Each time I called, the person asked my wife's name and when we filed, then after checking the status, informed me it was "still pending" and then stated " the petition process takes 3-6 months to be approved, you should call back when it has been 3 months since you filed your petition".

My first recommendation is to be not be discouraged by that. It is not accurate.

I began to get concerned when after a month and a half I recieved the same "still pending" status when I called Window 25, and I also hadn't received anything in the mail. I called the USCIS on august 15 and still the same message "still pending". On August 24 I called the embassy and asked to speak with someone at the Immigrant Visa Section - who told me the petition was approved and forwarded to them on July 31. (!!!??!!)

Recommendation #2 - call the Immigrant Visa office after 4 weeks to check if you've been approved. continue calling the IV office - they'll be able to tell you when the petition has arrived on their desk.

The lady on the phone told me I could fax my DS-230 and DS-2001 to the IV section. I asked for my case number and they would not give it on the phone. I went there today and handed in a DS-230 and DS-2001 (that i found off a website dated 2006 because I believe this form is no longer used as it cannot be found on the state department's website). I submitted these two forms and I got my case number and the interview is scheduled. Time for medical and police clearance. We scheduled the interview for the beginning of October to allow time for the medical, because you can't do your medical until you have your case number.

Recommendation # 3 - go there in person and hand in your DS-230 and DS-2001 as soon as you hear from IV that the petition is approved - don't wait for the packet in the mail.

I hope this is helpful for some people.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
:thumbs:

AOS Timeline

July 14, 2012 - (day 0) - AOS(I-485) / EAD(I-765) / AP(I-131) Sent to Chicago Lock Box

July 20, 2012 - (day 6) - received e-mail and text message notifications for AOS / EAD / AP

July 23, 2012 - (day 9) - check encash

July 30, 2021 - (day 16) - I-797c NOA received for AOS / EAD / AP and Biometrics schedule

August 14, 2012 (day 31) - Biometrics appointment

September 14, 2012 - (day 62) - USCIS online EAD status change to Card/Document Production

September 25, 2012 - (day 73) - received EAD combo card in mail

Feb 14, 2013 - followed up with NBC. adviced will received letter within 15 days

March 5, 2013 - received text & e-mail status change to
Decision

March 11, 2013 - received text & e-mail status change to
Card/Document Production

March 12, 2013 - received text & e-mail status tracking number ETA March 13

March 14, 2013 - (day 234) - GC on hand :)

Free of waiting and working of docs.. until December 2014.. next step ROC :)

Hi, I got a little clarification.

I filed I-130 petitions for my wife and son last July 25. On August 28, I sent an inquiry to the embassy regarding the status of my petitions. I got this response:

"The petitions were approved on 22AUG12.  For immigrant visa processing, contact the Immigrant Visa Section at IVManilaReplies@state.gov."

I then sent an e-mail on the given e-mail add regarding the next step. I got an auto-response email saying I would get a response within 7 working days regarding my concern.

Anyhow, I just want to know if I can alreadt go to the embassy to submit the DS-230 and DS-2001, or should I wait first for a GO signal from the Visa Section?

Thanks!

CR1 - Wife & IR2 - Son

Jul 25, 2012 :: Submitted I-130 (DCF)

Aug 22, 2012 :: Petitions approved!

Aug 30, 2012 :: Cases received by Immigrant Visa Section

Sep 11, 2012 :: Submitted DS-230 and DS-2001 through e-mail.

Sep 13, 2012 :: Scheduled an interview appointment online.

Oct 11, 2012 :: Interview Schedule

Ask for them to attach the DS forms. Much faster than waiting for the packet.

Hi, I got a little clarification.

I filed I-130 petitions for my wife and son last July 25. On August 28, I sent an inquiry to the embassy regarding the status of my petitions. I got this response:

"The petitions were approved on 22AUG12.  For immigrant visa processing, contact the Immigrant Visa Section at IVManilaReplies@state.gov."

I then sent an e-mail on the given e-mail add regarding the next step. I got an auto-response email saying I would get a response within 7 working days regarding my concern.

Anyhow, I just want to know if I can alreadt go to the embassy to submit the DS-230 and DS-2001, or should I wait first for a GO signal from the Visa Section?

Thanks!

God is good all the time..

Hi, is the interview schedule given at the same time the DS-230 and DS-2001 are submitted to the embassy? Thanks!

CR1 - Wife & IR2 - Son

Jul 25, 2012 :: Submitted I-130 (DCF)

Aug 22, 2012 :: Petitions approved!

Aug 30, 2012 :: Cases received by Immigrant Visa Section

Sep 11, 2012 :: Submitted DS-230 and DS-2001 through e-mail.

Sep 13, 2012 :: Scheduled an interview appointment online.

Oct 11, 2012 :: Interview Schedule

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.