desi2006

Duration of I-134 Affidavit of Support/Tax Return

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My 1st question is:

How Long I-134 Affidavit of Support is acceptable in US Embassy after the Notarization date?

because we also applied for a Visiting Visa in Mumbai for our aunt & we Notarized I-134 Affidavit of Support

on Jan-28-2006 & her Visiting Visa Interview is due on April-04-2006.

Since this I-134 is two months old...My question is:

Will this I-134 will work for her or do we have to get a new I-134?

My 2nd Question is:

We will be showing Tax Return from 2004 as we haven't filed for 2005 because our Accountant has been very busy because its a Tax Time & most likely he'll file for an extension & her visa interview date is on April-04-2006.

Does anyone know if 2004 Tax Return will be acceptable by US embassy or not?

if anyone knows what should we do...plz reply

The i-134 is good for 1 year after signing it.

Usually the newest tax returns won't be required until after early April. You might be cutting it close with an April 4th interview date. It would be best to prepare your 2005 returns by then.

Thanks for replying,

I'm a self-employed & income is always different each year...If I use 2005 tax returns then I'll have to get a new I-134 because in I-134 on Question#7, it has the salary listed from 2004 tax return. Since my accountant is busy I don't know what to do...maybe file it with someone else???

Now on I-134, the deposit money was shown in my account at the time of notarization is not the same NOW but i still have around $5000 in the account...

Do u think at the time of the interview, the balance has to match with the amount shown in I-134? or not?

Thanks for replying,

I'm a self-employed & income is always different each year...If I use 2005 tax returns then I'll have to get a new I-134 because in I-134 on Question#7, it has the salary listed from 2004 tax return. Since my accountant is busy I don't know what to do...maybe file it with someone else???

Now on I-134, the deposit money was shown in my account at the time of notarization is not the same NOW but i still have around $5000 in the account...

Do u think at the time of the interview, the balance has to match with the amount shown in I-134? or not?

I don't see any part of the form I-134 saying salary listed from year XXXX.

The form says "I derive and annual income of ________"

It doesn't say "I derive an annual income of ______ in the year ______"

Read the instructions for the I-134 affidavit again. It wants you to submit the latest tax returns with it. If you happen to submit the affidavit after April, chances are the consulate will require the 2005 tax returns. And they don't accept extensions.

If you claim you have $xxx amounts of money in your bank accounts, then you have to be able to prove it. So get the bank statements from the date when you executed the affidavit and turn those in.

Most people don't bother claiming any amounts in their bank accounts if their income is sufficient.

Edited by scy

My stupid accountant :( told me to put the salary from tax return 2004

so, what should i do now? make a new I-134??? & what should I put on Question#7

"I derive and annual income of ________"

just leave it blank or simply submit latest tax return?

how does the conslate finds out if the sponser has paid full taxes? because for tax return 2004, I'm under the

Installments program(2 payments left)with IRS. do u think this will be a problem?

Does conslate accept the installment plan or not?

My stupid accountant :( told me to put the salary from tax return 2004

so, what should i do now? make a new I-134??? & what should I put on Question#7

"I derive and annual income of ________"

just leave it blank or simply submit latest tax return?

how does the conslate finds out if the sponser has paid full taxes? because for tax return 2004, I'm under the

Installments program(2 payments left)with IRS. do u think this will be a problem?

Does conslate accept the installment plan or not?

The consulate doesn't care if you pay your taxes. It only cares that you are able to prove the income that you said you earned. So if you say you made $XXX dollars, then prove it with your tax returns. The only caveat is that your tax returns have to be the latest ones, and if you submit the affidavit in April then most likely they will require the 2005 returns.

Redo the affidavit with the 2005 income since that will match your tax return. If you leave it blank then you're saying don't have an income. Don't blame your accountant for not knowing about affidavit of support for visas, it's not his area of expertise.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.