DiVen

2 PCC Questions (Mumbai) - HELP!!!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My fiance applied for PCC sometime back through PSK. She was unable to get PCC same day since she had gotten her passport a while back through Tatkal. They sent to the Santa Cruz RPO through CID. Once it got there, she went there and paid some extra "fees" to the officer to perform the Clearance immediately. That step has been done and the RPO has cleared her. They say they will be uploading through CID to PSK website tomorrow, Aug 8th (Wednesday), by 11 am.

Thursday Aug 9th is the last day for her to submit docs to the VFS since her interview is on Aug 16th. We know that ideally it's best to submit everything to VFS, but in this case, we may not get the PCC on time.

Q1. How much time does PSK take to print the PCC once CID has uploaded the clearance?

Q2. Is it possible to submit PCC at time of interview?

Thanks in advance!

D & V

Edited by DiVen

Timeline

My fiance dropped off the docs at VFS yesterday. They told her she can bring the PCC to the interview. Also, they did not take her I-134 and the proof of relationship stuff. They told her to bring all that to the interview.

CID has still not uploaded the clearance even though the Santa Cruz Police station got the clearance to them yesterday. We only have 1 week left before the interview.

I really hope that it comes through by then but worst case, what happens if it doesn't? I'm really worried and flustered.

Edited by DiVen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I really hope that it comes through by then but worst case, what happens if it doesn't? I'm really worried and flustered.

If she doestn't have it at the time of interview, then they will issue 221g letter for submitting PCC whenever she can arrange, and submit it thru VFS office.

Mumbai Consulate is pretty quick to review the submitted doc thru VFS.

XrVRp5.png

Timeline

Just woke up and tracked it. It has changed to "PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra." Now I'm quite confident we will get it on time. Thanks for your replies, VJ peeps!

How many days did it take you to get it at PSK after your tracking status changed?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.