katchoo12

NOA2 to Visa in hand

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got my NOA2 on July 19th from VSC and hopefully NVC will receive it soon to foward it at the Montreal consulate. How long you think I will have to wait for the Montreal consulate to log it ? If I understand correctly I have to wait for packet 4 to be able to book an interview ? Is it still a 2-4 months wait to get an interview date ? What is the busiest time of the year for them ? Is it realistic of me to think i would get my visa in hand 3-5 months from now ?

Btw it's for an I129f fiance visa

Thanks in advance ! :)

Edited by katchoo12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The million dollar question! Montreal is notoriously slow and no one can predict how long this will take. Based on my experience and one year on VJ, you can count about 3 weeks for Montreal to receive your case from NVC, log it and to send you Packet 3. Then it all depends how quickly you send them your documents. Say it's right away, it'll sit in their mail room for 2 weeks and most likely processed on the 3rd, when they'll send your Packet 4. You can then schedule your medical and interview appointment, which will most likely be at least 4-5 weeks out. I'd say you're looking at minimum 11 weeks. So perhaps, an October visa?

Keep in mind that is if Montreal is not any more backlogged than it has been lately; if you are on top of things and send your documents back right away; assuming there is nothing wrong with your medical AND you are not stuck in AP after your interview. It will all be over soon. Good luck!

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Timeline

The million dollar question! Montreal is notoriously slow and no one can predict how long this will take. Based on my experience and one year on VJ, you can count about 3 weeks for Montreal to receive your case from NVC, log it and to send you Packet 3. Then it all depends how quickly you send them your documents. Say it's right away, it'll sit in their mail room for 2 weeks and most likely processed on the 3rd, when they'll send your Packet 4. You can then schedule your medical and interview appointment, which will most likely be at least 4-5 weeks out. I'd say you're looking at minimum 11 weeks. So perhaps, an October visa?

Keep in mind that is if Montreal is not any more backlogged than it has been lately; if you are on top of things and send your documents back right away; assuming there is nothing wrong with your medical AND you are not stuck in AP after your interview. It will all be over soon. Good luck!

Thank you :)

Thank you :)

Our interview is tomorrow morning here in Montreal. Have a look at my signature, it will give you some idea of what to expect lately. Normally the longest wait after the NOA2 is the USCIS to NVC transfer of the petition. For us it was 2 weeks for NVC to receive and about 2 days to assign a case # and they sent it to Montreal right away!

Good luck. If you have any questions, let me know! :) there are tons of people here to help.

Stacy - NL, Canada
Tom - Houston, TX

US CONSULATE - MONTREAL (K-1)
Interview date: 07/23/2012 - APPROVED!!!!
US POE: 08/16/2012
Marriage: 09/07/2012

AOS
Package sent: 10/13/2012
NOA1: 10/19/2012
Biometrics: 11/26/2012
EAD Arrived: 12/10/2012
AP Arrived: 03/15/2013
E-Mail - 'Decision' = APPROVED: 08/06/2013 (9.5 month wait!)
Green Card in Hand: 08/14/2013

ROC

Package sent: 05/26/2015

Timeline

Our interview is tomorrow morning here in Montreal. Have a look at my signature, it will give you some idea of what to expect lately. Normally the longest wait after the NOA2 is the USCIS to NVC transfer of the petition. For us it was 2 weeks for NVC to receive and about 2 days to assign a case # and they sent it to Montreal right away!

Thank you so much ! How long did it take to book the interview ? I read horror story that it can take 2-4 months to be able to book one...is it still the case ? Wish you all the best for your interview tomorrow !

Good luck. If you have any questions, let me know! :) there are tons of people here to help.

Timeline

Thank you so much ! I hope your interview went well ! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.