waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
So he DOES need copies of my divorce decrees? What about my birth certificate and passport. I am only willing to send copies of those and not originals. Does he need copies of the I-129F also? If I send originals of my divorce decrees (married same idiot twice..I know, I'm stupid), how can I ensure that I receive them back? I am having a lot of problems with my ex and I don't wanna part with the originals. Do you think the financial stuff I have is sufficient?

I'm sorry. I know I must be getting on your nerves with all these questions, I just wanna make sure I get it right. I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions too. Please be patient with me!

vismaster, the CDJ site says you need originals and copies of the divorce decrees. It's unlikely they would want to keep the original, but they will probably take a copy since being "free to marry" is a big requirement. You don't need to send YOUR birth certificate or passport but many of us did send a copy of our birth certificates to be safe. (They didn't take mine). A complete copy of the I-129F is also a precaution - if there is something they need from that package i.e. the divorce decree, he would have it there and available which will help to avoid any unnecessary delays.

On the financial, be sure you follow the instructions - the more you have, the better:

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwfof167.pdf

PETITIONER'S / APPLICANT'S OWN FUNDS

The petitioner/applicant who expects to be able to meet the public charge provisions of the law through personal

financial resources may submit to the consular evidence of funds or income from one or more of the following

sources:

1. Statement from a senior officer of a bank showing present balance of petitioner's / applicant's account, date

account was opened, the number and amount of deposits and withdrawals during the past 12 months, and

the average balance during the year (if there have been recent unusually large deposits, an explanation

therefore should be given);

2. Proof of ownership of property or real state, in the form of a title, deed or the equivalent, and a letter from a

lawyer, banker or responsible real estate agent showing its present valuation (any mortgages or loans

against the property must be stated);

3. Letter or letters verifying ownership of stocks and bonds, with present market value or expected earnings

indicated;

4. Statement from insurance company showing policies held and present cash surrender value;

5. Proof of income from business investments or other sources.

Ok....I'll send the originals too, but I'm still very nervous about it. Thanks for taking the time to help me. I can not say enough how much you are appreciated and how helpful you are. You are always so down to earth even when we are flippin out.Thanks again

Having said that, I took the forms to Adolfo today and everything is signed and almost in order. Tomorrow I will put it all together and we are just waiting on the appt letter. We plan to go as soon as it arrives. Adolfo told me today that when his sister married his brother-in-law, his brother-in-law got a permisso to take his sister via the US route. (Cheaper, easier, safer). I'm calling his brother-in-law (they live in same town as me) tomorrow to inquire about it. Have any of you ever heard of this? If we can't do that, Adolfo will take the bus and I will drive on the US side. He doesn't want me to travel in Mexico with him because he says it's too dangerous along that route. I never heard of a pemisso like that, but I hope it works!

Good luck Melissa y Edgar! It sounds like you're all set. No reason to panic, I'm sure everything will go fine! Suerte!

YES!!! Best of luck to you!!!!! We'll be standing by..............

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My NOA2 was just approved on June 19th!!!!!!

Now what the hell do I do??? :wacko: Kidding.

I hope to not have too many questions as I've been following this thread for 2 months and learning from everyone's experiences.

Vismaster, I'm following you so don't screw up!!! :dance:

Application For Naturalization (N-400)

01/10/2013 - Packet Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

01/16/2013 - NOA & Check Cashed

02/06/2013 - Biometrics Appt

04/16/2013 - Interview - Approval Recommendation!

04/23/2013 - Placed in the Oath Ceremony Queue

05/16/2013 - Received letter showing Oath Ceremony date

06/12/2013 - Oath Ceremony

06/12/2013 - U.S. Citizen!

Timeline
My NOA2 was just approved on June 19th!!!!!!

Now what the hell do I do??? :wacko: Kidding.

I hope to not have too many questions as I've been following this thread for 2 months and learning from everyone's experiences.

Vismaster, I'm following you so don't screw up!!! :dance:

OH!!!!!! The pressure!!!!! LOL...Congrats again. I promise to do the best I can to not screw up. I'm on a one month mission here...lol Hey, In case we're in Juarez at the same time, you can call me Veronica (or Vero). It would just be weird to be called vismaster in public. lol

Timeline

Has anyone heard anything more on this plan?

This is the quote from Warren Janssen, the Officer-in-Charge of the USCIS Cd. Juarez office.

"We're still working on a comprehensive plan to clean up all of the backlogged waivers within 90-120 days after we begin the project. Additional clerks are here now preparing the waivers to be ready when adjudicating officers arrive for the blitz. I don't have a starting time for this at this time. "

Pat

Time Line

01-13-06- sent I-129f to Neb

01-23-06- Receive NOA1

03-31-06- I-129f sent to El Paso TX

04-03-06- touched

06-14-06- letter from El Paso, I-129f sent there by mistake!!!!

06-28-06- contacted congressman, I-129f is in CSC

07-04-06- Received in California, finally 3 months wasted!

08-10-06- sent in RFE

08-18-06- RFE lost in mail

09-20-06- resent RFE

09-08-06- received my RFE

09-14-06- touched

09-14-06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

11-05-07- Interview

11-05-07- VISA received

11-05-07- US entry El Paso, Tx.

12-18-07- Married

AOS

02-02-08- Filed

02-14-08- NOA1

03-08-08- Biometrics

04-16-08- EAD ordered

05-14-08- EAD re-ordered

05-23-08- EAD recieved in mail

09-13-08- Recieved 2nd biometrics appointment

10-02-08- 2nd Biometrics- wrong A#

Timeline
Has anyone heard anything more on this plan?

This is the quote from Warren Janssen, the Officer-in-Charge of the USCIS Cd. Juarez office.

"We're still working on a comprehensive plan to clean up all of the backlogged waivers within 90-120 days after we begin the project. Additional clerks are here now preparing the waivers to be ready when adjudicating officers arrive for the blitz. I don't have a starting time for this at this time. "

Pat

http://www.smf.juarez-mexico.com/index.php?topic=1352.15

Saturday June 16

Unfortunately, the news is not so good. The new adjudicators for the backlog project are expected "in the next few months". They are currently working on ones filed in September '06. He says they are all working overtime to reduce the backlog.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Since Melissa's in Juarez I'm taking the liberty of sharing her GOOD NEWS!!!!!

We got it! Ya estuvo! (direct quote)

Gabacha can't wait for you two to come home,

FELICIDADES!!!!!

Timeline

FELICIDADES!!!!!

HOORAY!!!!!! YEAH! CONGRATULATIONS! Are they crossing border today?

2/24/06: 129 mailed

3/01/06: NOA1

5/02/06: NOA2

5/18/06: CDJ Receives case

7/19/06: CDJ mails packet

8/02/06: Interview - Visa not recevied - put on AR "false hit" fingersprint check had to be done.

11/15/06: Called DHS to see if they had any info on my case - They advised security cleared in Oct. - now waiting for appt letter from CDJ for Visa Pickup. :)

11/27/06: recvd letter from CDJ - Appointment set for Jan 11, 2007

1/11/07: Visa received!!!!!

AOS:

3/26/07: AOS mailed

4/3/07: NOA1

4/23/07: Biometrics Appt

5/2/07: AOS transferred to CSC

5/21/07: Email from CSC stating AOS pending

6/12/07: EAD Card ordered (received email)

6/20/07: EAD Card received in mail

8/23/07: Card Production Ordered

8/30/07: Greencard received in mail

Lifting of Conditions:

5/26/09: I-751 mailed

6/1/09: NOA1

6/3/09: Check Cashed

7/7/09: Biometrics Appt

10/30/09: Approval Date

11/5/09: Received Notice in the mail

11/21/09: Greencard received in mail!

Naturalization:

8/12/10: N-400 Mailed

8/20/10: NOA1 (check cashed 8/24)

9/8/10: Early Biometrics. In and Out in 5 min!

9/22/10: Scheduled Biometrics Appt

11/4/10: Interview Appt - Passed!!!

01/27/11: Oath!!! Yippee!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

FELICIDADES!!!!!

maybe. or maybe tomorrow, I can't remember.

soon though :D

can you apply for EAD before you send in the AOS paperwork?

I'm assuming no, but it never hurts to ask. Because we want to wait the three months (or close to it) before getting hitched but don't want to wait 6 months to work.

Timeline

FELICIDADES!!!!!

YEA!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Timeline

How long does it take for the consulate to send out the packet after they receive the petition from NVC? How long does NVC keep it? Mine hasn't been sent to NVC yet, but I'm trying to get an estimate on how long it will take before showtime.

I called Adolfo's brother-in-law today about the permit for travelling on the US side. He said I need to go to Customs at the bridge and ask them. He said he took his mother-in-law when the other sister was sick and it cost $269 for 5 days. We will actually cross back into Mexico the same day. He also took a letter from the doctor. He said years ago when he took his wife it wasn't that expensive because immigration was easier then. I'm going to go tomorrow and inquire about it. Maybe all they would want to see is my appt letter. I'll let y'all know what they say if you're interested. I'm hoping they will allow it because this seems to be the best scenario for us if we can do it.

Timeline

FELICIDADES!!!!!

maybe. or maybe tomorrow, I can't remember.

soon though :D

can you apply for EAD before you send in the AOS paperwork?

I'm assuming no, but it never hurts to ask. Because we want to wait the three months (or close to it) before getting hitched but don't want to wait 6 months to work.

Stephanie,

Here ya go. Not worth it to file before AOS.

"Immediately, before filing for AOS. As a K-1 visa holder you are technically eligible to file for an EAD immediately when you arrive. However, this EAD will expire when you K-1 expires (90 days) and because of this and the wait time (>90 days) it is a waist of both time and money to bother applying. You will file as category ©(6), "Nonimmigrant Fiance(e) of U.S. Citizen". (Where to file: mail, efile, walk-in -- only if local office allows)"

It is tough to have only 1 income especially with my long time spending habits of shopping, eating out (food and alcohol). It is an adjustment. So ready for Leo to find a job. He got his EAD in mail today so hopefully job hunt won't be too stressful but I expect it to be.

Anyways- I'm so happy to hear about Gabacha and looking forward to her post tomorrow.

Allie

2/24/06: 129 mailed

3/01/06: NOA1

5/02/06: NOA2

5/18/06: CDJ Receives case

7/19/06: CDJ mails packet

8/02/06: Interview - Visa not recevied - put on AR "false hit" fingersprint check had to be done.

11/15/06: Called DHS to see if they had any info on my case - They advised security cleared in Oct. - now waiting for appt letter from CDJ for Visa Pickup. :)

11/27/06: recvd letter from CDJ - Appointment set for Jan 11, 2007

1/11/07: Visa received!!!!!

AOS:

3/26/07: AOS mailed

4/3/07: NOA1

4/23/07: Biometrics Appt

5/2/07: AOS transferred to CSC

5/21/07: Email from CSC stating AOS pending

6/12/07: EAD Card ordered (received email)

6/20/07: EAD Card received in mail

8/23/07: Card Production Ordered

8/30/07: Greencard received in mail

Lifting of Conditions:

5/26/09: I-751 mailed

6/1/09: NOA1

6/3/09: Check Cashed

7/7/09: Biometrics Appt

10/30/09: Approval Date

11/5/09: Received Notice in the mail

11/21/09: Greencard received in mail!

Naturalization:

8/12/10: N-400 Mailed

8/20/10: NOA1 (check cashed 8/24)

9/8/10: Early Biometrics. In and Out in 5 min!

9/22/10: Scheduled Biometrics Appt

11/4/10: Interview Appt - Passed!!!

01/27/11: Oath!!! Yippee!!

Timeline

Melissa, CONGRATS! I knew you guys would be totally fine!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Vero, I don't understand the question about a permit -- why would you need one since he will have his visa interview in Ciudad Juarez? I think I'm missing something!! Count on 4-8 weeks for the fiance packet to arrive once it has left the NVC - your fiance's copy will come after yours (Mexican mail!).

Timeline

The permit:

I live in a border town about 8 hrs east of El Paso. He lives in the border town across from me. However, to get from Acuna to Juarez, it's 24 hrs. There is not a direct road from Acuna to El Paso. You have have to drive south and then around. (I don't know why.) He won't let me travel with him in Mexico from Acuna to Juarez because he says it's too dangerous for us to take my car. So if I go, he'll have to travel by bus (24 hrs) (I checked and a plane will cost almost $500 and even then he'll have to drive to another city to fly out) and I'll have to drive on the Texas side. However, if he can get a permit, he can cross here in Del Rio and drive with me to El Paso/Juarez. It was just an idea and would be more economical. He is just as nervous as me...maybe more. At first, I wasn't even going to go, but he really wants me to. It's just an idea and I don't even know if they would give us a permit, but that's how his brother-in-law did it about 15 years ago. Times have changed...but I thought it'd be worth inquiring about.

Timeline
The permit:

I live in a border town about 8 hrs east of El Paso. He lives in the border town across from me. However, to get from Acuna to Juarez, it's 24 hrs. There is not a direct road from Acuna to El Paso. You have have to drive south and then around. (I don't know why.) He won't let me travel with him in Mexico from Acuna to Juarez because he says it's too dangerous for us to take my car. So if I go, he'll have to travel by bus (24 hrs) (I checked and a plane will cost almost $500 and even then he'll have to drive to another city to fly out) and I'll have to drive on the Texas side. However, if he can get a permit, he can cross here in Del Rio and drive with me to El Paso/Juarez. It was just an idea and would be more economical. He is just as nervous as me...maybe more. At first, I wasn't even going to go, but he really wants me to. It's just an idea and I don't even know if they would give us a permit, but that's how his brother-in-law did it about 15 years ago. Times have changed...but I thought it'd be worth inquiring about.

Ahh now I get it. DEFINITELY worth inquring about - it would save him a ton of time and money plus you'd get to drive together! Hope it all works out!

Timeline

OK. This is what I found out about the permit (I think they called it a waiver):

When I receive appt letter and NOA2 (may not need NOA2, but if I have it, I'll take it), we need to go to main bridge and speak with whomever is in charge that day. They will need letter, his ID..and then they will run a check on him. If all goes well, he'll receive a one day pass. I guess he'll have to stop at bridge in Juarez to show them he's entering. I forgot to ask about that. It will cost $271 before July 30 and after July 30, it will be $500 and something. If I can get the letter before July 30th, we will definately try this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.