waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Did you all miss me? You better say yes, :yes: I have been very busy now that my Juan is here. I’ve been spending time with him, going shopping together, enrolling him in ESL classes, etc. It has been great!

I went down to Mexico during my spring break and had a blast. Then I brought back my Juan with me, it was so exciting. To think that I made about 10 trips to Mexico to visit Juan and I finally brought him back with me. I’m glad all those terrible goodbyes are a thing of the past.

So he’s here with me, FINALLY we get to be together. We got married in Vegas April 23rd. It was totally unplanned and it was kind of my brother’s fault. My brother came up with the crazy idea of going to Vegas for a weekend and asked if Juan wanted to go with him. (It’s funny that now that my Juan is here, everyone wants to take him everywhere and do stuff with him). Of course I had to tag along and go to Vegas. So I took a day off from work and we headed out to Vegas for a couple of days. It kind of started as a “maybe we’ll get married in Vegas” thing and we ended up doing it. The only sad thing was that my parents weren’t there, but that’s okay since we still have the larger, religious wedding.

I promised that I wouldn’t start with the AOS paperwork right away, you all know how crazy I get preparing all those forms and asking all types of questions, :lol: . I’ll start in a week or two with the paperwork, I need a little break.

Good luck to all those headed to Juarez for interviews soon, welcome to our new members, and hang in there for those waiting for waiver approvals (we are all waiting for your happy approvals).

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I LOVE that you got married in Vegas - that's great. I so look foward to the day I get to walk through the security line in the DF airport WITH my fiance instead of waving goodbye to him!

Keep good notes on your AOS paperwork - if I ever get to that point, I'll be asking YOU all the questions!

:luv:

I LOVE that you got married in Vegas - that's great. I so look foward to the day I get to walk through the security line in the DF airport WITH my fiance instead of waving goodbye to him!

Keep good notes on your AOS paperwork - if I ever get to that point, I'll be asking YOU all the questions!

It is such a great feeling to come back together. Just keep that day in your head and imagine how it will be both of you coming back together. Hopefully that day isn't too far away for you guys. :yes:

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It is such a great feeling to come back together. Just keep that day in your head and imagine how it will be both of you coming back together. Hopefully that day isn't too far away for you guys. :yes:

yay vegas! we're heading there too! wedding, elvis style, I can't WAIT!

felicidades de nuevo!!!!

Timeline
Hi everyone,

Did you all miss me? You better say yes, :yes: I have been very busy now that my Juan is here. I've been spending time with him, going shopping together, enrolling him in ESL classes, etc. It has been great!

I went down to Mexico during my spring break and had a blast. Then I brought back my Juan with me, it was so exciting. To think that I made about 10 trips to Mexico to visit Juan and I finally brought him back with me. I'm glad all those terrible goodbyes are a thing of the past.

So he's here with me, FINALLY we get to be together. We got married in Vegas April 23rd. It was totally unplanned and it was kind of my brother's fault. My brother came up with the crazy idea of going to Vegas for a weekend and asked if Juan wanted to go with him. (It's funny that now that my Juan is here, everyone wants to take him everywhere and do stuff with him). Of course I had to tag along and go to Vegas. So I took a day off from work and we headed out to Vegas for a couple of days. It kind of started as a "maybe we'll get married in Vegas" thing and we ended up doing it. The only sad thing was that my parents weren't there, but that's okay since we still have the larger, religious wedding.

I promised that I wouldn't start with the AOS paperwork right away, you all know how crazy I get preparing all those forms and asking all types of questions, :lol: . I'll start in a week or two with the paperwork, I need a little break.

Good luck to all those headed to Juarez for interviews soon, welcome to our new members, and hang in there for those waiting for waiver approvals (we are all waiting for your happy approvals).

Congratulations on your marriage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long after marriage do you have until you must file AOS?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Did you all miss me? You better say yes, :yes: I have been very busy now that my Juan is here. I’ve been spending time with him, going shopping together, enrolling him in ESL classes, etc. It has been great!

I went down to Mexico during my spring break and had a blast. Then I brought back my Juan with me, it was so exciting. To think that I made about 10 trips to Mexico to visit Juan and I finally brought him back with me. I’m glad all those terrible goodbyes are a thing of the past.

Hola Ale!!!!!

Of course we missed you :luv: I'm so happy for you guys, congratulations on your wedding!!!

I think we all here know what you mean about the "terrible" goodbyes, I had over 100 of those in the 10+ years we dated!!! :yes: and I learned to hate airports!! :angry: BUT all of that is over for us now too, and we're finally together!!! :jest::dance::dance::dance::dancing:

You know, one of the best moments after our wedding was when the next day one of our mutual friends asked me "so, when do you go back? are you coming back here soon?" and I got to say "Pete, this time I get to stay!!!" I still get teared eyes when I think about it :blush:

May 1996: Met in Mexico
K1
March 7th, 2006: Sent 129F to NSC
March 9th, 2006: NOA1 Day 1
June 15th, 2006: Notice of transfer to CSC
October 3rd, 2006: IMBRA RFE e-mail
October 17th, 2006 CSC e-mail confirming RFE receipt.
October 18th, 2006: NOA2!!!!!!!! 224 days!
October 25th, 2006: NVC received file
November 10th, 2006: Received Packet from CDJ
January 5th, 2007: Visa approved!!!! 302 days!
February 16th, 2007: Civil Ceremony
AOS
February 21st, 2007: Mailed AOS, EAD & AP to Chicago
March 1st, 2007: NOA1 - Day 1
March 26th, 2007: I-485 transferred to CSC - Day 25
March 30th, 2007: Biometrics appointment - Day 29
April 14th, 2007: Big Wedding!!!!
May 8th, 2007: AP Approved - Day 68
May 10th, 2007: EAD Approved- Day 70
September 20th, 2007: SECOND Biometrics appointment - Day 203
December 4th, 2007: AOS approved!!!! 278 days!
December 10th, 2007: Received GC - Day 284
Removal of Conditions
August 31st, 2009: Mailed I-751 to CSC
September 2nd, 2009: NOA1 - Day 1
October 15th, 2009: Biometrics appointment - Day 44
October 26th, 2009: 10 year GC approved!! - Day 55
October 31st, 2009: Received GC - Day 60

NATURALIZATION

May 7th, 2013: Mailed N-400

May 9th, 2013: NOA1 - Day 1

June 10th, 2013: Biometrics Appointment - Day 33

September 5th, 2013: Interview - Day

September 27th, 2013: Oath Ceremony- Day

Timeline

so the NVC has decided to take its sweet time. Or maybe that's California for you. 3 weeks to the day from my NOA2 and my file still isn't there. Which is starting to be REALLY nerve wracking (racking?) as it's supposed to get faster now that we're working with the state department. Also, Marco bought a ticket for June 4th. I hope hope hope everything gets here in time. I just do the math in my head all night. If it gets there by Thursday, and they send it out in 2 days, and then Juarez sends it in a week, I'll still have it in time. It could drive a girl crazy, I tell ya.

Timeline
so the NVC has decided to take its sweet time. Or maybe that's California for you. 3 weeks to the day from my NOA2 and my file still isn't there. Which is starting to be REALLY nerve wracking (racking?) as it's supposed to get faster now that we're working with the state department. Also, Marco bought a ticket for June 4th. I hope hope hope everything gets here in time. I just do the math in my head all night. If it gets there by Thursday, and they send it out in 2 days, and then Juarez sends it in a week, I'll still have it in time. It could drive a girl crazy, I tell ya.

I would give it another week to get to the NVC. From there, it may arrive in CDJ very fast (mine was about 2 days) but it could take a full month before you receive the fiance packet with the official appointment letter. Me thinks you are cutting it very close with a June 4 ticket (to CDJ, I assume?)

Timeline

I'm going crazy waiting for my NOA2! :crying:

Congratulations on your wedding Allie - felicidades!!!!!!!

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Timeline

Oh, ####### TijuanaHilton...can't believe it's still not there.

I saw on Interjet that the penalty for changing the ticket isn't so bad if that becomes necessary.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Timeline

I would give it another week to get to the NVC. From there, it may arrive in CDJ very fast (mine was about 2 days) but it could take a full month before you receive the fiance packet with the official appointment letter. Me thinks you are cutting it very close with a June 4 ticket (to CDJ, I assume?)

I told that him to hold off on the ticket buying, but there was no stopping him :) so, worse case scenario, 200 smackers down the drain. Hopefully everything will come in though. I'll keep my fingers crossed and think good thoughts :)

Timeline

Hi, I just received an e-mail from CDJ; I asked them how the new process will help with the backlog of cases already in the system. Here is there response.

On MARCH 6, 2007, the USCIS Ciudad Juarez Office, in conjunction with

the US State Department started implementing a new pilot program to

provide faster adjudication of SOME I-601 Waivers of Excludability.

After reviewing the I-601 and supporting documentation, the

Adjudications Officer may at his or her discretion approve the I-601 at

that time or it may be referred for further review and final

adjudication.

Since your wife's waiver was filed before that date, we are unable to

inform you how much time this procedure will take. As soon as get a

resolution from CIS, you will be notified by mail. In the meantime if

you need to inform of a change of address, please contact the CIS office

directly at:

as you can see they didn't answer my question, they didn't even give me the usual response of 9mo to 1 year.

I think the only thing this new pilot program is going to do is make the waiting time longer for those of us that

sent in our applications before March.

Somebody PLEASE explain to me how this new pilot program is suppose to speed things up. It makes absolutely no sense to me. The only thing I can see is it is taking resource away from the people who have been waiting the longest.

Also, if they can make an immediate decision with this new pilot program, why can’t they have a few people review the backlog of pending applications and look for the easier cases and make the same immediate decision? I would think a couple of people could go through and approve many many applications a day.

Does anyone know how many I-601 CDJ get every day, how many they approve and how many are in the backlog?

Also how long it usually takes to approve 1 case?

All this waiting is KILLING ME :angry:

Thanks

Pat

Time Line

01-13-06- sent I-129f to Neb

01-23-06- Receive NOA1

03-31-06- I-129f sent to El Paso TX

04-03-06- touched

06-14-06- letter from El Paso, I-129f sent there by mistake!!!!

06-28-06- contacted congressman, I-129f is in CSC

07-04-06- Received in California, finally 3 months wasted!

08-10-06- sent in RFE

08-18-06- RFE lost in mail

09-20-06- resent RFE

09-08-06- received my RFE

09-14-06- touched

09-14-06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

11-05-07- Interview

11-05-07- VISA received

11-05-07- US entry El Paso, Tx.

12-18-07- Married

AOS

02-02-08- Filed

02-14-08- NOA1

03-08-08- Biometrics

04-16-08- EAD ordered

05-14-08- EAD re-ordered

05-23-08- EAD recieved in mail

09-13-08- Recieved 2nd biometrics appointment

10-02-08- 2nd Biometrics- wrong A#

Timeline

Unfortunately the way things look right now, it doesn't appear anything will change in the near future. The point of the pilot program appears to have been to eliminate any FURTHER backlog - not the existing backlog. By deciding on waivers immediately, they are not putting anything into a backlog and therefore the backlog will not exist by March of next year. It also appears that any new people they hired or brought in from other consulates are working only on pilot program waivers rather than the backlog, that's why wait times have not been reduced for people not eligible for the pilot program.

Current wait times are 10-12 months - definitely leaning toward 12 months. Then it takes an additional 6-8 weeks for a visa pick up date to be assigned. You can never rely on information from the people who send email at CDJ, especially for waivers, since they are not handled by the consulate but instead go to the DHS office there. No, there is no email address or phone number to contact them directly.

If they can make an immediate decision with this new pilot program, why can’t they have a few people review the backlog of pending applications and look for the easier cases and make the same immediate decision?

Everyone waiting in the backlog wants to know the same thing. But again, it appears all of their resources are working on pilot program waivers only and they do not have the staff to add people to address the backlog.

Does anyone know how many I-601 CDJ get every day, how many they approve and how many are in the backlog?

Number of waivers processed through CDJ:

2006 - 9148

2007 YTD - 4992

Approval rates are in the low 90%.

I don't recall how many they receive monthly, but since they are currently working on May, it seems to be around 1000 a month.

You can read more by searching the 601 forum onimmigrate2us.net. There are hundreds of people in the same situation as you, Louisa and me, some of whom have already been waiting for 11 months. All you can do is be happy you have the chance to file the waiver in the first place.

Hi, I just received an e-mail from CDJ; I asked them how the new process will help with the backlog of cases already in the system. Here is there response.

On MARCH 6, 2007, the USCIS Ciudad Juarez Office, in conjunction with

the US State Department started implementing a new pilot program to

provide faster adjudication of SOME I-601 Waivers of Excludability.

After reviewing the I-601 and supporting documentation, the

Adjudications Officer may at his or her discretion approve the I-601 at

that time or it may be referred for further review and final

adjudication.

Since your wife's waiver was filed before that date, we are unable to

inform you how much time this procedure will take. As soon as get a

resolution from CIS, you will be notified by mail. In the meantime if

you need to inform of a change of address, please contact the CIS office

directly at:

as you can see they didn't answer my question, they didn't even give me the usual response of 9mo to 1 year.

I think the only thing this new pilot program is going to do is make the waiting time longer for those of us that

sent in our applications before March.

Somebody PLEASE explain to me how this new pilot program is suppose to speed things up. It makes absolutely no sense to me. The only thing I can see is it is taking resource away from the people who have been waiting the longest.

Also, if they can make an immediate decision with this new pilot program, why can’t they have a few people review the backlog of pending applications and look for the easier cases and make the same immediate decision? I would think a couple of people could go through and approve many many applications a day.

Also how long it usually takes to approve 1 case?

All this waiting is KILLING ME :angry:

Thanks

Pat

Wow, Pat, I'm sorry to hear about your struggle. If it were me, I'd be throwing a ###### fit. I'd be talking to anyone who would listen - the Mayor, the Govenor, the President, the newspapers, the news channels, Immigrant Advocacy Groups. Have you hired an Immigration Lawyer? Not sure if they can do much - but I wonder if you can sue the actual embassy? :devil: Seriously, I think I would be going crazy. Good luck.

Our Story:

Jan 2003 moved to Campeche, met Edgar three weeks later

K-1

Dec 2006 filed I-129f

July 12 WE FINALLY GOT MARRIED!!

AOS/EAD/AP:

July 2007 sent in AOS paperwork

Dec 6 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!

ROC:

Sept 5th 2009 Applied for Removal of Conditions

Sept 14th NOA I-797C

Oct 7th Biometrics Appt

Timeline

Finally!!!!

NVC has my case. It's about time! Of course, they're saying it will take 2 to 4 weeks to send it to Juarez (I've seen most people getting it sent within a few days) and with my luck, that will be true.

Let's go NVC! Let's go Juarez! Yay!

Buen fin de semana a todos! I SWEAR I'm going to destress about this whole disaster and not log in all weekend :)

Gabacha! Te extraño! No te he visto en mil años!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.