waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Leo has never been to states but has been all over the world. He has worked in a resort past 6 years that mainly has American tourists. He speaks good English but still learns new words everyday. His grammar needs help though. There will be an adjustment period on both sides. I am a fast paced person - walk fast, grocery shop fast, talk faster than Leo, so I am still learning to be patient with Leo. He likes to take his time with everything. I put Leo in advanced ESL classes during this time before AOS and it is working out well. You might want to look into that. By the way - my spanish sucks so we have always spoken english to each other.

Allie

2/24/06: 129 mailed

3/01/06: NOA1

5/02/06: NOA2

5/18/06: CDJ Receives case

7/19/06: CDJ mails packet

8/02/06: Interview - Visa not recevied - put on AR "false hit" fingersprint check had to be done.

11/15/06: Called DHS to see if they had any info on my case - They advised security cleared in Oct. - now waiting for appt letter from CDJ for Visa Pickup. :)

11/27/06: recvd letter from CDJ - Appointment set for Jan 11, 2007

1/11/07: Visa received!!!!!

AOS:

3/26/07: AOS mailed

4/3/07: NOA1

4/23/07: Biometrics Appt

5/2/07: AOS transferred to CSC

5/21/07: Email from CSC stating AOS pending

6/12/07: EAD Card ordered (received email)

6/20/07: EAD Card received in mail

8/23/07: Card Production Ordered

8/30/07: Greencard received in mail

Lifting of Conditions:

5/26/09: I-751 mailed

6/1/09: NOA1

6/3/09: Check Cashed

7/7/09: Biometrics Appt

10/30/09: Approval Date

11/5/09: Received Notice in the mail

11/21/09: Greencard received in mail!

Naturalization:

8/12/10: N-400 Mailed

8/20/10: NOA1 (check cashed 8/24)

9/8/10: Early Biometrics. In and Out in 5 min!

9/22/10: Scheduled Biometrics Appt

11/4/10: Interview Appt - Passed!!!

01/27/11: Oath!!! Yippee!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Homeboy is not Americanized AT ALL. He does see lots of Americans where he works, and well, lived with me for five years, so maybe he's not completely new to kooky American ways.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Timeline

Luckily I'm an ESOL teacher so I know the ins and outs of getting him into an appropriate class. The non-profit I work for actually runs a day class literally a block away from where I live. From what I've seen of my students, Edgar would prob be in an advanced class...not that I'm much help. He's been with an English teacher for 6.5 years and had to learn English at work.

I'm pretty fast too, and very adapatble (although I may b%tch and moan) and Edgar isn't so much. The thing I'm worried about most is that he gets really down when he's not working, so it'll be my job to make sure he's busy.

Timeline
Luckily I'm an ESOL teacher so I know the ins and outs of getting him into an appropriate class. The non-profit I work for actually runs a day class literally a block away from where I live. From what I've seen of my students, Edgar would prob be in an advanced class...not that I'm much help. He's been with an English teacher for 6.5 years and had to learn English at work.

I'm pretty fast too, and very adapatble (although I may b%tch and moan) and Edgar isn't so much. The thing I'm worried about most is that he gets really down when he's not working, so it'll be my job to make sure he's busy.

amiguita, i'm sure keeping him busy won't be any trouble at all!!!

Timeline

does anyone else have a myspace? just because it makes me so curious about where people live what their fiances look like etc. etc. etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Roberto is finally here with me!! :dance::dance::dance::yes: He arrived on Monday, and his POE was Chicago. He waited in the non-resident/non-citizen line and at the window the guy opened the yellow envelope and gave Roberto a hard time asking where his medical exam was. He didn’t ask any other questions but seemed to be in a bad mood. Roberto has been through many POEs during his visits to the US and this was the rudest guy he ever got, but overall it was quick (about 15 minutes). At the end, he crossed out the visa and wrote LOOP on it. I guess that's an obvious "no more entries on this visa" procedure.

Well now we are trying to get Roberto’s life started here. We bought him a cell phone and we’re moving into an apartment next week (furniture shopping is not easy - we can't seem to agree - I like round things he likes square LOL). :lol: I think we will wait to go to the Social Security office until next week so that we are sure he is in the system as a K-1. So far he has been sitting at home a little bored while I'm at work, and I know not working is tough for him. Maybe we will find some ESL classes around here, although I have taught ESL for years so I should be teaching him English myself.

I hope to see some approvals soon!!! :yes: Suerte!

08/09/06 - sent I-129F

08/11/06 - I-129F received at NSC (later transferred to CSC)

08/17/06 - I-129F returned because of expired form

08/24/06 - sent I-129F again

08/31/06 - NOA1

11/17/06 - NOA2

11/27/06 - NVC received file

11/29/06 - NVC sent file to CDJ :)

01/29/07 - CDJ "received" file and sent packet - wooohooo!!!

02/05/07 - I received the packet at last!!!

02/13/07 - Medical Exam

02/14/07 - INTERVIEW - VISA RECEIVED!!! :) :)

02/19/07 - US Entry

03/02/07 - Applied for SSN

03/09/07 - SSN card came in the mail

03/09/07 - Civil Wedding!!

08/11/07 - Big Religious Wedding!!! (we've been planning it since July '06!)

AOS/EAD

04/09/07 - sent I-485 & I-765 by FedEx

04/11/07 - I-485 & I-765 arrived in Chicago

04/17/07 - NOA1 date for both

04/20/07 - NOA1 received in mail for both; checks cashed

04/23/07 - touch

04/27/07 - received Biometrics letter

05/16/07 - AOS transferred to CSC

05/21/07 - Biometrics

05/22/07 - touch AOS & EAD

06/03/07 - received email that AOS is pending at CSC

06/05/07 - touch on AOS

06/14/07 - touch on AOS

06/25/07 - EAD card production ordered!

06/25/07 - touch on AOS

06/26/07 - Green card approved & welcome notice sent!! :)

Roberto is finally here with me!! :dance::dance::dance::yes:

Agnie I read your post to Hugo and he says WELCOME ROBERTO!!! Lets stay in touch for AOS!

Tell new arrivals to hang in there - not being able to work is frustrating. My fiance's life was his private practice for 10 years until he came here. I must admit in a way I was kind of happy he didn't get work authorization :devil: because he is FORCED to study English (something he never had time for while working in Mexico - and is not really absolutely necessary where we live). The California adult school program allows immigrants (or anyone) to study English for free. He has met a lot of people at school - I recommend school even for good English speakers.

We plan to get a SS# and license next week - any other happy Dec/Jan/Feb approval couples started working on AOS docs?

Started our visa journey applying for K-1: Oct 11, 2006

Interview at CDJ, K-1 visa granted: Feb 13, 2007

Married: Apr 13 2007

AOS approved: Aug 29, 2007

I-751 Lifting Conditions approved: Aug 8, 2009

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi there..... Congrats to all of you who now have your fiances with you here in the US. I am hoping to be one of that group after next week, because Efrain and I are heading out on Sunday to Juarez for his visa stuff.... I am so excited to see him! I just pray that everything will go as smoothly for us as it did last week for Cassandra and Agnieszka. Yeah!

We are doing the Monday - doctor, Tuesday - Consulate thing because I couldn't miss more work than 3 days ( although, once I am gone, what would they do anyway, right?) So we are expecting lines and lots of waiting, but it's all for a good purpose. We are going to cross into El Paso on Wednesday and catch a flight back to San Diego. I am contemplating bringing my laptop since I am staying at the Lincoln, but I don't know.... Do they have computers you can use there too? Or is it just wireless with your own computer? I don't want to drag it around everywhere if I don't have to.

ANyway, if I don't get on here before Wednesday, I promise to write a full report when we get back. Send us some positive thoughts and prayers! Thank you to everyone who has helped me to get to this point. I have learned so much from this website, and am soooo glad that I found some kindred spirits to go through this process with! You guys rock! :thumbs:

09/12/06 - 129F Sent

09/21/06 - 129F NOA1 Received

11/16/06 - 129 F NOA2 Received

11/30/06 - NVC Received Info

12/21/06 - CDJ received info

01/30/07 - I received an email saying that the packet should arrive in 3-5 days!

02/01/07 - I GOT THE PACKET!

02/26/07 - Medical in Juarez

02/27/07 - Interview at Consulate - Visa APPROVED!

02/28/07 - Back to the Consulate to pick up the Visa!

02/28/07 - Crossed into the US in El Paso and flew home to San Diego!

04/04/07 - Civil Ceremony!!! We're MARRIED!

06/16/07 - Real ceremony (with family, friends, etc.)

And hopefully sometime before the end of the year - Mexico wedding with HIS family

04/24/07 - Filing AOS and EAD

04/26/07 - Packet received in Chicago

05/01/07 - NOA1 Date

05/02/07 - Checks are cashed

05/05/07 - Receive NOA1 in the mail (AOS, EAD)

05/09/07 - Receive Biometrics appointment in the mail

05/15/07 - Touched (AOS, EAD)

05/18/07 - Biometrics Appointment

05/21/07 - Touched (AOS, EAD)

05/26/07 - Received Interview Letter

07/10/07 - Received email that EAD has been approved!

07/13/07 - Interview - APPROVED With Stamp!!!!!!

07/24/07 - Received Welcome Letter

07/27/07 - Received Green Card in the MAIL!

Timeline
Allright, Angie and Roberto! Another couple together again!

Good luck, K and E. We`ll be there the same time, but I`m leaving tomorrow after work. Another batch comming through, huh?

buena suerte both of you!

Timeline

Hi All! I am new here!! My name is Janet and my fiance Edgar is from Acapulco. I am going to be sending the I-129F petition out in a few weeks for Edgar and just ready to start the process. I am SO GLAD I found this website!!! I am also extremely nervous about the whole process. It sounds more or less like the average waiting time between sending the I-129F and the Interview is about 6-7 months is that right?

I'm a wreck already and I haven't even started yet! Oh my!

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Timeline
Hi All! I am new here!! My name is Janet and my fiance Edgar is from Acapulco. I am going to be sending the I-129F petition out in a few weeks for Edgar and just ready to start the process. I am SO GLAD I found this website!!! I am also extremely nervous about the whole process. It sounds more or less like the average waiting time between sending the I-129F and the Interview is about 6-7 months is that right?

I'm a wreck already and I haven't even started yet! Oh my!

Welcome Janet.

Yours will be quicker than most of ours on here simply because your I-129F will be processed in Vermont rather than California. I suggest you search for timelines using VSC and Mexico. It will give you some time estimates. I just searched and it said 141 days vs 189 for CSC.

Marty

AOS

7/27/07: Mailed AOS package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

7/29/07: Package was delivered to Chicago Lockbox (Day 1)

8/30/07: NOA1 received (I-485, I-765, I-131)(Day 33)

9/4/07: Checks Cleared (Day 38)

10/5/07: Biometrics (Day 69)

10/18/07: AP & EAD Approved (Day 82)

1/9/08: AOS Interview (Day 165)

1/9/08: RFE, need to provide I-693A (Day 165)

2/7/08: I-485 Approved (Day 194)

Timeline

Janet: You are the third person I've "met" on VJ whose fiance's name is Edgar (including mine).

Welcome!

Timeline
Janet: You are the third person I've "met" on VJ whose fiance's name is Edgar (including mine).

Welcome!

Thanks you guys! I am really so happy to be here !! I also cannot wait to talk to Edgar tonight to tell him all the news I learned, looks like it might not be too bad to process his visa, I am still nervous though! I can't wait to get this started!!

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.