waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

long weekend I guess means no movement as far as approvals are concerned.

I don't haev anything to post really, I was just sad to log in and see that there wasn't any new news.

Timeline
No, no news yet. Let`s wait til about April and see how many "We`re pregnant!" posts we get after all these February reunions!

goodness! you won't be getting one from me for years!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Should he tell the consular agent that his proposal consisted of: "Que pedos? Nos vamos a casar o que."

Ay, the romance!

Hilarious - sounds like my proposal!

Timeline
Should he tell the consular agent that his proposal consisted of: "Que pedos? Nos vamos a casar o que."

Ay, the romance!

Hilarious - sounds like my proposal!

sounds like mine too :)

crees que nos podamos casar con Elvis????

:)

the reason I knew that it was truly meant to be

Timeline

Oh my, you had the Elvis conversation? We just had the Vegas conversation...except I don't think that'll be possible as it seems Nevada requires a SS# to marry.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Oh my, you had the Elvis conversation? We just had the Vegas conversation...except I don't think that'll be possible as it seems Nevada requires a SS# to marry.

Not true! Come on down and bring your Elvae! (Or youe Jose Alfredos)

Timeline

Bdesj: No way! I quickly glanced through a website about getting married in Nevada, and I thought it said SS# was required. Well, well, then maybe my thoughts of renting a car in El Paso and driving to Nevada can still work! I figure that once we cross into El Paso, we might as well go somewhere cool. I was thinking Lake Tahoe because it seems more picturesque. Nevada is the only state in that area of the country I haven't visited.

Timeline

I was explaining the next steps in the process to Edgar the other night, and he got upset when I told hi about the medical. He asked if they wouldn't accept a mordida to get around having his blood taken. I told him he better not try. He successfully gave them 25 pesos to get out of having blood taken for his tarjeta de salud last week. For such a macho Mexican, he sure is being a nancy boy! :)

At least he's now fixated on the blood test and has forgotten about when I told him they also require a cavity search.

Am I cruel?

Timeline
I was explaining the next steps in the process to Edgar the other night, and he got upset when I told hi about the medical. He asked if they wouldn't accept a mordida to get around having his blood taken. I told him he better not try. He successfully gave them 25 pesos to get out of having blood taken for his tarjeta de salud last week. For such a macho Mexican, he sure is being a nancy boy! :)

At least he's now fixated on the blood test and has forgotten about when I told him they also require a cavity search.

Am I cruel?

that's hilarious! but they don't really do that, so yes, I guess that it is a little cruel

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Bdesj: No way! I quickly glanced through a website about getting married in Nevada, and I thought it said SS# was required. Well, well, then maybe my thoughts of renting a car in El Paso and driving to Nevada can still work! I figure that once we cross into El Paso, we might as well go somewhere cool. I was thinking Lake Tahoe because it seems more picturesque. Nevada is the only state in that area of the country I haven't visited.

The vieja didn`t have one when we got married (Jul `03), but you got me wondering if there had been a change, so I called this morning. If you have a SSN, they want to know what it is. No SSN, no problem. Just a cavity check. You`re ruthless!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Ya'll.

CDJ forum has been a little quiet this week. Hope everyone is doing well. Things are moving right along with Leo in Nashville.

We took care of his vaccinations last week, already got SS card, and today got his drivers license. Well, it is not an actual license - but TN has a "certificate of driving" for people who don't have their permanent greencard yet. Allows you to drive but not a valid ID. Everything has gone smoothly. Just more waiting and waiting. I will be so happy when all the waiting is over. March 7 is our big wedding day and then more waiting with AOS. Things are great. So happy Leo can drive now.

Allie

2/24/06: 129 mailed

3/01/06: NOA1

5/02/06: NOA2

5/18/06: CDJ Receives case

7/19/06: CDJ mails packet

8/02/06: Interview - Visa not recevied - put on AR "false hit" fingersprint check had to be done.

11/15/06: Called DHS to see if they had any info on my case - They advised security cleared in Oct. - now waiting for appt letter from CDJ for Visa Pickup. :)

11/27/06: recvd letter from CDJ - Appointment set for Jan 11, 2007

1/11/07: Visa received!!!!!

AOS:

3/26/07: AOS mailed

4/3/07: NOA1

4/23/07: Biometrics Appt

5/2/07: AOS transferred to CSC

5/21/07: Email from CSC stating AOS pending

6/12/07: EAD Card ordered (received email)

6/20/07: EAD Card received in mail

8/23/07: Card Production Ordered

8/30/07: Greencard received in mail

Lifting of Conditions:

5/26/09: I-751 mailed

6/1/09: NOA1

6/3/09: Check Cashed

7/7/09: Biometrics Appt

10/30/09: Approval Date

11/5/09: Received Notice in the mail

11/21/09: Greencard received in mail!

Naturalization:

8/12/10: N-400 Mailed

8/20/10: NOA1 (check cashed 8/24)

9/8/10: Early Biometrics. In and Out in 5 min!

9/22/10: Scheduled Biometrics Appt

11/4/10: Interview Appt - Passed!!!

01/27/11: Oath!!! Yippee!!

Timeline

Has Leo been to the States before? Does he speak English? I just ask because I wonder how Edgar's adjustment will go...never even been out of his corner of Mexico so I've no idea how he'll handle it.

Timeline
Hi Ya'll.

CDJ forum has been a little quiet this week. Hope everyone is doing well. Things are moving right along with Leo in Nashville.

We took care of his vaccinations last week, already got SS card, and today got his drivers license. Well, it is not an actual license - but TN has a "certificate of driving" for people who don't have their permanent greencard yet. Allows you to drive but not a valid ID. Everything has gone smoothly. Just more waiting and waiting. I will be so happy when all the waiting is over. March 7 is our big wedding day and then more waiting with AOS. Things are great. So happy Leo can drive now.

Allie

Congratulations Allie! Wedding is coming up soon!

the waiting is driving me craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy (loca loca loca) and it's only been a little over a month since I sent my 129F!!!!! darn that USCIS for sitting on our applications for so long.

Timeline
Has Leo been to the States before? Does he speak English? I just ask because I wonder how Edgar's adjustment will go...never even been out of his corner of Mexico so I've no idea how he'll handle it.

I've heard that if they've never been here that sometimes the FBI name check takes longer. Marco's never been here either, except for the one time we almost accidentally crossed the border from TJ without meaning to. :)

My honey is super super americanized though, so I don't think there's going to be much needing to adjust....just the initial joy at hitting the organic vegetarian grocery store for the first time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.