waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Louisa, I think normally the CO fills out the 601 and writes in the denial code so your fiance should not have too much to fill in. You can find the actual form here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-601.pdf

Wait times are still 8-10-12 months - depending on who you talk to. I would plan on 12 and hope for the best.

I2US has been down periodically so it's not your computer.

Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

HELLO GUYS!!

IM SO HAPPY EVERYONE IS MOVING!! DANIELLE FELICIDADES GIRL!! AGNIE, EMMA FOR THE WEDDING! CONGRATS TOO.. :dance:

WELL, IM HERE EXPERIENCING THE COLD LIFE IN NEW YORK CITY.. :whistle: HAPPY, SENDING RESUMES, GETTING F*&^%$# EVERY NIGHT.. JAJAJA SINCE I HAVE A HUSBAND... :devil: WELL HE WILL BE MR BEAUX THIS VALENTINES DAY..!

SOME GIRL TOLD US, IS A LITTLE CHEESY GETTING MARRIED ON VALENTINE'S IN NYC.. LOL!!! WHAT DO YOU GUYS SAY? ANYWAY THE BIG WEDDING IS GONNA BE IN THE SUMMER, WE WANT ALLLL OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO ATTEND..

AND WELL... I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY SS# BECAUSE THE WORK AUTHORIZATION ON MY PASSPORT IS KIND OF BLURRY (OR VERY BLURRY) AND THE SSA SENT ME TO IMMIGRATION TO GET THE STAMP AGAIN... ALSO BECAUSE THE COMPUTERS SHOWS MY LEGAL STATUS AS A B2-VISITOR IN 2003... THE SYSTEM DOES NOT HAVE ME AS A K-1 YET...

WEIIRRDDD!! SO I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT TO FIX THIS IN MY LOCAL USCIS OFFICE.. LES CONTARE SI NO ME REGRESAN EN UNA NAVE ESPACIAL HASTA MEXICO OTRA VEZ!!!!! :blush:

LAS QUIERO :wub::wub:

familytogether.gif

K1 HOLDER

AOS 1 APR 2007 .................................. DENIED

AOS 2 DEC 2007.................................. DENIED

WAIVER MAY 2008............................... DENIED

MOTION TO REOPEN JULY 2008............. GRANTED

AOS JUNE 2009 ................................... GRANTED!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Chica,

Don't listen to whoever said it's cheesy to get married on Valentine's Day. If that's the day you want to get married to Michael, THEN GET MARRIED THAT DAY. You guys deserve it, you had been waiting for a while, no les hagan caso a los demas. Enjoy your time with Michael (we all know that you are :P )

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

Timeline

Hello girls!! Roberto is going to Juarez today!! We're both really nervous.. you know how that is. His medical is tomorrow on our 2 yr anniversary and interview on Valentine's Day.

Anyway, he wanted me to ask you how the person in the first window at the consulate asks for the papers. Do you just hand him or her all of the forms and financial info you have set apart or do they ask you for each form individually so you know what to hand to them?

Also, does he have to hand in his passport and visa laser at that point or does he wait until he gets to the interview window?

Brenda - I'm so happy you're enjoying NYC and your soon to be husband. Felicidades on the wedding!!! (F)

08/09/06 - sent I-129F

08/11/06 - I-129F received at NSC (later transferred to CSC)

08/17/06 - I-129F returned because of expired form

08/24/06 - sent I-129F again

08/31/06 - NOA1

11/17/06 - NOA2

11/27/06 - NVC received file

11/29/06 - NVC sent file to CDJ :)

01/29/07 - CDJ "received" file and sent packet - wooohooo!!!

02/05/07 - I received the packet at last!!!

02/13/07 - Medical Exam

02/14/07 - INTERVIEW - VISA RECEIVED!!! :) :)

02/19/07 - US Entry

03/02/07 - Applied for SSN

03/09/07 - SSN card came in the mail

03/09/07 - Civil Wedding!!

08/11/07 - Big Religious Wedding!!! (we've been planning it since July '06!)

AOS/EAD

04/09/07 - sent I-485 & I-765 by FedEx

04/11/07 - I-485 & I-765 arrived in Chicago

04/17/07 - NOA1 date for both

04/20/07 - NOA1 received in mail for both; checks cashed

04/23/07 - touch

04/27/07 - received Biometrics letter

05/16/07 - AOS transferred to CSC

05/21/07 - Biometrics

05/22/07 - touch AOS & EAD

06/03/07 - received email that AOS is pending at CSC

06/05/07 - touch on AOS

06/14/07 - touch on AOS

06/25/07 - EAD card production ordered!

06/25/07 - touch on AOS

06/26/07 - Green card approved & welcome notice sent!! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good morning- good luck with your fiance`s interview, Agro, and with your wedding, NY.

I`m wondering about something- for those who`ve had recent appointments, did you present 2006 1040s? I can`t see a problem since tax day is still a ways off, but my wife is very nervous about it and personally I`d prefer they didn`t see that she has a W2 for last year (got paid in Jan for her last week in `05). My W2 from last year, along with coppies of `03-`05 returns and a current letter from my employer and the last few pay stubs ought to be plenty, shouldn`t it?

Timeline

Good luck to those of you going for interviews this week....you are in my thoughts and prayers, and I am only a little bit jealous since I still have 2 weeks to go! ;)

Brenda, I think getting married on Valentine's Day is a great idea! Why not?

Have a great week ladies....I can't wait to hear the stories!

09/12/06 - 129F Sent

09/21/06 - 129F NOA1 Received

11/16/06 - 129 F NOA2 Received

11/30/06 - NVC Received Info

12/21/06 - CDJ received info

01/30/07 - I received an email saying that the packet should arrive in 3-5 days!

02/01/07 - I GOT THE PACKET!

02/26/07 - Medical in Juarez

02/27/07 - Interview at Consulate - Visa APPROVED!

02/28/07 - Back to the Consulate to pick up the Visa!

02/28/07 - Crossed into the US in El Paso and flew home to San Diego!

04/04/07 - Civil Ceremony!!! We're MARRIED!

06/16/07 - Real ceremony (with family, friends, etc.)

And hopefully sometime before the end of the year - Mexico wedding with HIS family

04/24/07 - Filing AOS and EAD

04/26/07 - Packet received in Chicago

05/01/07 - NOA1 Date

05/02/07 - Checks are cashed

05/05/07 - Receive NOA1 in the mail (AOS, EAD)

05/09/07 - Receive Biometrics appointment in the mail

05/15/07 - Touched (AOS, EAD)

05/18/07 - Biometrics Appointment

05/21/07 - Touched (AOS, EAD)

05/26/07 - Received Interview Letter

07/10/07 - Received email that EAD has been approved!

07/13/07 - Interview - APPROVED With Stamp!!!!!!

07/24/07 - Received Welcome Letter

07/27/07 - Received Green Card in the MAIL!

Congratulatons Brenda! Good luck Agnie! I know everything will turn out just as hoped. Lots of good news lately..hopefully it will continue :)

US Entry : 2006-11-27

Marriage : 2006-12

AOS : Submitted on 1-29-07

NOA1: 2-5-07

BIOMETRICS: 2-21-07

AOS Interview: Decision Pending :( FBI Name Check not completed

Email welcoming New Resident on 5/22/07.

Approval Notice email: 5/31/2007

CARD IN HAND 6/01/2007

Removal of Conditions now in progress

Mailed: 3-4-09

USCIS received: 3-6-09

NOA1: 3-9-09

Biometrics: letter arrived 3-18-09, scheduled 3-28-09

Approved on: 05-04-2009

Approval letter arrives: 05-09-09

waiting on green card...

card production email: 06/19/2009

CARD IN HAND: 07/02/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hola! I'm finally home!!!! I can't believe I'm here to stay this time :)

Emma,

Bienvenido a Detroit!!!!! Congrats! Detroit is where I am impatiently waiting for my NOA2.

As you already know, it is freezing here!!!!

Marty

Thank you Marty, yeah! it's really cold, and my fiance tells me that I'm lucky that I wasn't here two weeks ago when it was even colder :o

Everything went great at the bridge, I got a Friendly officer who seemed to know what he was doing (including having to send the papers somewhere so I could apply for my AOS later :P ) and he even gave me a copy of the medical! :dance: (just making sure I'm prepared in case of an RFE :blush: )

I was a little bit surprised that he took ALL of my fingerprints and later also just both my index fingerprints (like they normally do at POE's) is this normal? I hope this at least helps not to get stuck in FBI checks later :unsure:

Welcome back Louisa (F) and good luck in your interview AgRo :thumbs:

Brenda, mucha suerte con tu numero social, yo voy a ir por el mio la siguiente semana después de la boda por el civil ;) Y claro que que no es muy cursi casarse el 14, de hecho nosotros lo íbamos a hacer también para que quedara justo a 2 meses de la boda por la iglesia, pero la familia de mi novio no podía venir ese día por lo que la tuvimos que cambiar al viernes.

We already got our marriage license this morning! :dance::dance::dance:

May 1996: Met in Mexico
K1
March 7th, 2006: Sent 129F to NSC
March 9th, 2006: NOA1 Day 1
June 15th, 2006: Notice of transfer to CSC
October 3rd, 2006: IMBRA RFE e-mail
October 17th, 2006 CSC e-mail confirming RFE receipt.
October 18th, 2006: NOA2!!!!!!!! 224 days!
October 25th, 2006: NVC received file
November 10th, 2006: Received Packet from CDJ
January 5th, 2007: Visa approved!!!! 302 days!
February 16th, 2007: Civil Ceremony
AOS
February 21st, 2007: Mailed AOS, EAD & AP to Chicago
March 1st, 2007: NOA1 - Day 1
March 26th, 2007: I-485 transferred to CSC - Day 25
March 30th, 2007: Biometrics appointment - Day 29
April 14th, 2007: Big Wedding!!!!
May 8th, 2007: AP Approved - Day 68
May 10th, 2007: EAD Approved- Day 70
September 20th, 2007: SECOND Biometrics appointment - Day 203
December 4th, 2007: AOS approved!!!! 278 days!
December 10th, 2007: Received GC - Day 284
Removal of Conditions
August 31st, 2009: Mailed I-751 to CSC
September 2nd, 2009: NOA1 - Day 1
October 15th, 2009: Biometrics appointment - Day 44
October 26th, 2009: 10 year GC approved!! - Day 55
October 31st, 2009: Received GC - Day 60

NATURALIZATION

May 7th, 2013: Mailed N-400

May 9th, 2013: NOA1 - Day 1

June 10th, 2013: Biometrics Appointment - Day 33

September 5th, 2013: Interview - Day

September 27th, 2013: Oath Ceremony- Day

Timeline

HELLO!! AGNIE GOOD LUCK!!

GIRLS LES TRAJE AN EXAMPLE OF THE K1 VISA :blush:

post-19613-1171340163_thumb.jpg

familytogether.gif

K1 HOLDER

AOS 1 APR 2007 .................................. DENIED

AOS 2 DEC 2007.................................. DENIED

WAIVER MAY 2008............................... DENIED

MOTION TO REOPEN JULY 2008............. GRANTED

AOS JUNE 2009 ................................... GRANTED!!!!!!!!!!

We're in Juarez. Arrived Sunday afternoon. I wouldn't exactly call this the romantic vacation of my dreams, but it's so nice to be together!

I took a taxi from the El Paso airport. The Border cabs are right outside. $45 for the quick 20 min. ride. Hugo took the 220 peso taxi from Juarez airport (He was surprised to have his luggage checked and be questioned by US immigration officials - "what did we sell Juarez are something"). We're staying at the Holiday Inn Lincoln. Nothing special about the room or service. They give you water in the room and the restaurant is fine. Nice to have Wireless! The 24 hr mart and mall across the street is convenient. Although its not really a walking kind of town, the Holiday Inn express and Fiesta Inn are also really close.

Day 1:

Yesterday went smoothly. We went for his medical at 8:15am. First to the clinic down the street (much larger), which sent us to the clinic next door to the consulate. I'm glad we arrived later because he got out at the same time as people who had been there at 6am. He went directly to a waiting room inside. I waited in the crowded clinic for a while because it was a little cold outside. He had his cell phone and was sending me little updates from inside. 9:00 blood work. They didn't take much but they really left a mark! 9:30am x-rays. They send them in groups of threes, shirt off, very quick. A long wait until 10:45 for the physical exam. They took his weight, height. He stripped to boxers and socks for them to look him over. She just looked at him and had him open his mouth. No touching. Basic quick questions: Allergies? No. Medical problems? No. Drugs? No. Alcohol? Sometimes. Tattoos? No. She asked what he does for a living and when he said he's an architect she said, ok fine, and told him he was finished except for his vaccinations. Um what? He said he didn't think he needed them. She left and he got dressed. Then she came back and told him she had made a mistake and that Fiance visas don't need vaccines. He paid $143.50 and was told to go back at 2pm.

Most people at the clinic were there for immigrant visas. Hugo says they kept calling him ahead of everyone else - he felt like he had special status or something :blush: . Only a few people I talked to in the waiting room were there for fiance visas. Of course its very confusing for them because everyone is talking about vaccinations and different forms. Nobody realized they weren't allowed in the consulate with their fiance. Upon learning this a few women decided they better prep their guys (who had no idea what any of the forms actually said)!

At 11:30 we went to Banamex down the street three blocks (with his mexican passport) and waited 20 min. to pay the fee. Just about every Mexican bank is near the banamex so we were able to take out cash from the atm (Santander has no fee withdrawal for Bank of America cards). We went back at 2:15pm to pick up the big black envelope - no wait at this time. Last night we went over all the forms and some of the questions and info I had printed from VJ. Hugo said he feels really prepared...thanks to all of you :thumbs:

So now its Day 2 and I'm just waiting like everyone else. I stood across the street with the 200 other people waiting for about 30 min. and then came back to the hotel. What a nervous crowd! Lots of people coming out already who don't have the right forms, copies, pictures. I brought some work but who knows if I'll actually be able to concentrate on anything else. I'm feeling positive, nervous as hell :unsure: , but positive...

Started our visa journey applying for K-1: Oct 11, 2006

Interview at CDJ, K-1 visa granted: Feb 13, 2007

Married: Apr 13 2007

AOS approved: Aug 29, 2007

I-751 Lifting Conditions approved: Aug 8, 2009

Timeline

MY FIANCE’S DAY 1 in JUAREZ:

Hello!! I’m snowed in today and I can’t go to work, so it’s making the day and the wait go by sooo much more slowly. My fiancé just called me to report back about the medical exam, so here is the info he gave me:

HOTEL:

He is staying at the Holiday Inn Express – about 1 kilometer from the Consulate. I think he meant to reserve at the Holiday Inn Lincoln which is closer, but oh well, the Holiday Inn Express is still very close (he says about a 7 minute walk from Consulate). I wish I could be there with him, but his mom flew to Juarez with him, so I’m glad that he is not alone. :)

MEDICAL EXAM:

6:50 a.m. He called a taxi and went with his mom to the clinic closest to the Consulate (50 pesos)

- He entered a waiting room with about 50 seats (not too full). When he registered, they asked for his passport and appointment letter received in the packet.

- They took his picture and electronic signature

- After about an hour, they called him and 4 other people to get their blood taken. No problems there; they barely left a mark.

- They sent him to the 2nd floor – another 5 minute wait and they called him and 3 other guys in for X rays; asked him to take off shirt and stand against wall

- He was sent into another smaller waiting room - They took his weight, height, blood pressure and did an eye exam

- Then they called the guys one by one into small exam rooms. They were asked to take off ALL of their clothes. (I guess no leaving the boxers on for this group). :blush:

- A 45 year old or so female doctor entered (while my fiancé was just sitting there naked) and started talking to him about where he was born, what he studied, etc. She checked his ears, eyes and asked the following questions:

1. Have you ever had surgery?

2. Have you ever taken drugs?

3. Do you drink alcohol? (he said with moderation)

4. Where does your girlfriend live (it turns out her son is also living in the US)

5. Have you ever been arrested in another country?

6. She asked him about his tattoos, what they mean, when he had them done, and then she examined them.

She gave him a sheet of paper and told him that since he is a K1 visa applicant he does not need vaccinations. My fiancé said that she was friendly and joked around a little (that may be my fiance’s influence though). :P

He left the room and went to a window to pay 1,600 pesos. At 2 p.m. he is to go back for his results.

In summary, he got to the clinic at 7:00 a.m. and was out of the clinic by 8:40 a.m. It was quick, but it may be because he went on a Tuesday. A lot more people go on a Monday. There were a few people there that went to their interview and were sent back to the clinic. He only saw one K1 applicant. The staff at the clinic was pretty quiet and quick, no chatting or anything. His mom waited in the waiting room the entire time.

PICTURES:

Since so many people have told us that no matter what pictures you present at the Consulate, they still send you to take more across the street from the Consulate, he went to the place in front of the consulate to have his pictures taken, so that he would not be sent there the next day. 2 photos cost him 150 pesos (a bit expensive) but they gave him a guarantee that if they are not what the consulate wants, they would redo them. They also offered to answer any questions he had about the paperwork he was to turn in at the consulate. He chatted with them about the military service question on DS 157 and left.

BANAMEX PAYMENT:

He says that Banamex is 3 stoplights away from the consulate on the right side (pretty close to the Holiday Inn Express actually). He got there at 9:15 and the bank opens at 9:00 a.m. He paid 1,150 pesos and got a receipt. It was very quick.

Well that was a breeze - let's hope tomorrow goes just as well. Please pray that we have a visa tomorrow!!!

CASSANDRA - thanks to Hugo for talking to Roberto last night!! We thought you were in the same Holiday Inn oops. Anyway, I know everything will turn out great for you today! :thumbs: I can't wait to read your next post!!

Agnieszka

08/09/06 - sent I-129F

08/11/06 - I-129F received at NSC (later transferred to CSC)

08/17/06 - I-129F returned because of expired form

08/24/06 - sent I-129F again

08/31/06 - NOA1

11/17/06 - NOA2

11/27/06 - NVC received file

11/29/06 - NVC sent file to CDJ :)

01/29/07 - CDJ "received" file and sent packet - wooohooo!!!

02/05/07 - I received the packet at last!!!

02/13/07 - Medical Exam

02/14/07 - INTERVIEW - VISA RECEIVED!!! :) :)

02/19/07 - US Entry

03/02/07 - Applied for SSN

03/09/07 - SSN card came in the mail

03/09/07 - Civil Wedding!!

08/11/07 - Big Religious Wedding!!! (we've been planning it since July '06!)

AOS/EAD

04/09/07 - sent I-485 & I-765 by FedEx

04/11/07 - I-485 & I-765 arrived in Chicago

04/17/07 - NOA1 date for both

04/20/07 - NOA1 received in mail for both; checks cashed

04/23/07 - touch

04/27/07 - received Biometrics letter

05/16/07 - AOS transferred to CSC

05/21/07 - Biometrics

05/22/07 - touch AOS & EAD

06/03/07 - received email that AOS is pending at CSC

06/05/07 - touch on AOS

06/14/07 - touch on AOS

06/25/07 - EAD card production ordered!

06/25/07 - touch on AOS

06/26/07 - Green card approved & welcome notice sent!! :)

Timeline

Thanks so much for the in depth updates.... I am sitting here at my desk at work, getting a little emotional reading it and picturing me and Efrain doing the same stuff in less than 2 weeks! I am so excited for you guys!!!!! And I can't wait until it's my turn!

09/12/06 - 129F Sent

09/21/06 - 129F NOA1 Received

11/16/06 - 129 F NOA2 Received

11/30/06 - NVC Received Info

12/21/06 - CDJ received info

01/30/07 - I received an email saying that the packet should arrive in 3-5 days!

02/01/07 - I GOT THE PACKET!

02/26/07 - Medical in Juarez

02/27/07 - Interview at Consulate - Visa APPROVED!

02/28/07 - Back to the Consulate to pick up the Visa!

02/28/07 - Crossed into the US in El Paso and flew home to San Diego!

04/04/07 - Civil Ceremony!!! We're MARRIED!

06/16/07 - Real ceremony (with family, friends, etc.)

And hopefully sometime before the end of the year - Mexico wedding with HIS family

04/24/07 - Filing AOS and EAD

04/26/07 - Packet received in Chicago

05/01/07 - NOA1 Date

05/02/07 - Checks are cashed

05/05/07 - Receive NOA1 in the mail (AOS, EAD)

05/09/07 - Receive Biometrics appointment in the mail

05/15/07 - Touched (AOS, EAD)

05/18/07 - Biometrics Appointment

05/21/07 - Touched (AOS, EAD)

05/26/07 - Received Interview Letter

07/10/07 - Received email that EAD has been approved!

07/13/07 - Interview - APPROVED With Stamp!!!!!!

07/24/07 - Received Welcome Letter

07/27/07 - Received Green Card in the MAIL!

Timeline

I`m glad all is going smoothly at the consulate. You guys that are filing for K visas, do you submit an affidavit of support at the interview? I have I-864 again and there`s another for some reason (I-134?).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

thank you so much for the step by step of the medical exam. I've been sort of concerned because my fiance is tattooed up all over (me too!) and I've been wondering if it's going to be a problem.

Timeline
thank you so much for the step by step of the medical exam. I've been sort of concerned because my fiance is tattooed up all over (me too!) and I've been wondering if it's going to be a problem.

Tattoos only seem to be a problem if they appear to be gang related.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.