waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

OK ladies - here's the first update:

He's staying at the Holiday Inn Lincoln which he says is just fine. People are friendly and they have email for no charge. He arrived last night, checked in, and had something to eat down the street because the restaurant in the hotel was already closed.

This morning he went to the medical clinic across the street from the consulate. He said they open at 6:00 but he arrived at 6:45 and it was very crowded - maybe 150-200 people. He had to show his appointment letter and passport and then wait until they called hiim for his blood test. They also take a photo there. Then wait until they call him for his xray. Then a quick exam (he said, "I was NAKED and it was a woman doctor!) with only a few questions - Have you ever been in jail in Mexico or the US (can't imagine the medical clinic would ask this)? Do you do drugs? Do you have any tattoos? (yes - and it wasn't a problem). No other questions and she knew he didn't need vaccinations for the K1. Then to pay - $141 US or $1600 pesos (per today's exchange rate). He said it was all super easy - just a lot of waiting. He'll go back later for the results.

He then went to Banamex to pay the visa fee and they told him they do not accept credit cards which pissed me off since the information from CDJ says they do. He waited 20 minutes and paid $1115 pesos.

So one thing done and I'm relieved. Part 2 tomorrow!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

SO GLAD EVERYTHING WENT SMOOTHLY. I'M SURE YOU ARE FEELING GOOD NOW!!!!! :P

2/24/06: 129 mailed

3/01/06: NOA1

5/02/06: NOA2

5/18/06: CDJ Receives case

7/19/06: CDJ mails packet

8/02/06: Interview - Visa not recevied - put on AR "false hit" fingersprint check had to be done.

11/15/06: Called DHS to see if they had any info on my case - They advised security cleared in Oct. - now waiting for appt letter from CDJ for Visa Pickup. :)

11/27/06: recvd letter from CDJ - Appointment set for Jan 11, 2007

1/11/07: Visa received!!!!!

AOS:

3/26/07: AOS mailed

4/3/07: NOA1

4/23/07: Biometrics Appt

5/2/07: AOS transferred to CSC

5/21/07: Email from CSC stating AOS pending

6/12/07: EAD Card ordered (received email)

6/20/07: EAD Card received in mail

8/23/07: Card Production Ordered

8/30/07: Greencard received in mail

Lifting of Conditions:

5/26/09: I-751 mailed

6/1/09: NOA1

6/3/09: Check Cashed

7/7/09: Biometrics Appt

10/30/09: Approval Date

11/5/09: Received Notice in the mail

11/21/09: Greencard received in mail!

Naturalization:

8/12/10: N-400 Mailed

8/20/10: NOA1 (check cashed 8/24)

9/8/10: Early Biometrics. In and Out in 5 min!

9/22/10: Scheduled Biometrics Appt

11/4/10: Interview Appt - Passed!!!

01/27/11: Oath!!! Yippee!!

Timeline

I'm so excited for you KK. Now that it's happening to you I am getting so nervous for me and Oliverio!

I have a question.....With the hardship letter should I add classes that I took for work ( CPR, 1st AID, PCA Training and Medication Administraion) as special training in my field?

2010-02-08 Filed I-130 through Ca. Service center

2010-13-08 NOA 1 Received

2010-02-11 I-130 transferred to Tx. Service Center

2010-24-11 Notified by email TSC has received our petition and has begun processing it

Good to hear everything went well at the exam :). Did he mention how much the taxi was from the airport? Although I am familiar with Juarez, my fiance has never been there. He is curious about how much to plan for the taxi from the airport. I am hoping to hear something soon and will be there within a couple of weeks...I hope.

US Entry : 2006-11-27

Marriage : 2006-12

AOS : Submitted on 1-29-07

NOA1: 2-5-07

BIOMETRICS: 2-21-07

AOS Interview: Decision Pending :( FBI Name Check not completed

Email welcoming New Resident on 5/22/07.

Approval Notice email: 5/31/2007

CARD IN HAND 6/01/2007

Removal of Conditions now in progress

Mailed: 3-4-09

USCIS received: 3-6-09

NOA1: 3-9-09

Biometrics: letter arrived 3-18-09, scheduled 3-28-09

Approved on: 05-04-2009

Approval letter arrives: 05-09-09

waiting on green card...

card production email: 06/19/2009

CARD IN HAND: 07/02/2009

Timeline
I'm so excited for you KK. Now that it's happening to you I am getting so nervous for me and Oliverio!

I have a question.....With the hardship letter should I add classes that I took for work ( CPR, 1st AID, PCA Training and Medication Administraion) as special training in my field?

Yup - I feel still nauseous even though he is very very calm and totally easygoing. He made it sound like a piece of cake.

Yes, I would include anything that proves how hard it would be for you to get a job there.

I think he said the taxi was 200 pesos and the driver was very slow, but of course he is accustomed to the drivers in DF.

Timeline

Just something funny about Taxis........I noticed in Acapulco and Chilpancingo that they seem to have almost every VW Bug in the world.....one of the smallest cars in the world and it's a Taxi hehe

2010-02-08 Filed I-130 through Ca. Service center

2010-13-08 NOA 1 Received

2010-02-11 I-130 transferred to Tx. Service Center

2010-24-11 Notified by email TSC has received our petition and has begun processing it

I GOT IT!!!!!!!! OMG I got home from work and the letter from the consulate was here! Now to start planning the trip :dance:

CARD IN HAND 6/01/2007

waiting on green card...

Timeline
I GOT IT!!!!!!!! OMG I got home from work and the letter from the consulate was here! Now to start planning the trip :dance:

YAY! Congrats! :D - just under four weeks to receive it, right?

Yes, under four weeks to receive it.....WOW I can't believe that from the time I started this whole process, it has only been 3 months. I put on my affidavit that we planned on getting married the week of Thanksgiving and that their assistance would be greatly appreciated. I NEVER really thought I would actually see that date as a reality. We are planning on going to Juarez the Monday before Thanksgiving. I am driving to take him the letter and all my documents this Friday. That only leaves us a week to prepare for everything! I just called him and he was shocked. He could hardly say a word. He just kept asking me if I was sure it was the letter. Hopefully it is now one right after the other...Waiting4O should be next :dance:

CARD IN HAND 6/01/2007

waiting on green card...

Timeline

Congrats Lucy! Thanks for the updates, Kitkat. Muchachas (os), I was stupid enough to call the consulate for an update today...a week ago they said 4-6 (today is 4 wks) and to call periodically. I called the English line first... the lady said, we just got your petition and are still authorizing the documents...whatever..I said, "just?" "you got it on Oct.6" she said, "yeah, October 6. The whole process is supposed to take a year." I said " A year?" and started laughing (out of disbelief). She said something about lots of applications and a new law...obviously I told she was full of sh** but didn't say so. I was extremely depressed anyway. We are planning a late February wedding. I was also really pissed because I think she was just screwing with me and didn't really know anything. So, I called the Spanish line a few minutes later..the nice guy confirmed for me that they can only look at a computer screen and see whether the packet 3 has been sent or not..not when it will be sent. He said they only guess but don't really have info. He said probably another couple of weeks. I felt a little better, but not much. Any comments or suggestions??

Yes, under four weeks to receive it.....WOW I can't believe that from the time I started this whole process, it has only been 3 months. I put on my affidavit that we planned on getting married the week of Thanksgiving and that their assistance would be greatly appreciated. I NEVER really thought I would actually see that date as a reality. We are planning on going to Juarez the Monday before Thanksgiving. I am driving to take him the letter and all my documents this Friday. That only leaves us a week to prepare for everything! I just called him and he was shocked. He could hardly say a word. He just kept asking me if I was sure it was the letter. Hopefully it is now one right after the other...Waiting4O should be next :dance:

KK did your fiance complete the electronic version of the 156 or did he fill in the one they mailed? I agree with you the copies are not that good. I saw on the Juarez Consulate webpage that they are going to turn away anyone who does not fill in the electronic version of the form 156. If that is the case, they need to menton in the package.

JessRaul if the trend continues, you should receive your letter later this month. It is taking under 4 weeks from the time the NVC sends the case to Juarez. So don't go by what they are telling you.

CARD IN HAND 6/01/2007

waiting on green card...

Timeline

Here's my comment - they need to fire the entire staff at CDJ and start over. Lots of applications and a "new law" my *ss. There is no new law - she just didn't know the difference between a K1 and a CRI. How sad that we know more than them. Hang tight - it shouldn't be more than a few more days and I would not waste money calling them when you can email (but they aren't any smarter!)

Lucy, double check the calendar at CDJ and make sure they are open the entire week you plan to be there b/c there are several holidays coming up when they are closed. Boy you've been lucky - we've been at this since MARCH. We did the online forms and you're right - the fiance packet includes expired forms and no information on the new rule. Unbelievable, really!

Yes if anyone is interested in knowing the days of operation for Thanksgiving week, they are closed on November 20 (Mexican holiday I think) and November 23 (Thanksgiving). I sent them an email and received a response today. Those were the dates they quoted as being closed for the month of November.

CARD IN HAND 6/01/2007

waiting on green card...

Timeline
Yes if anyone is interested in knowing the days of operation for Thanksgiving week, they are closed on November 20 (Mexican holiday I think) and November 23 (Thanksgiving). I sent them an email and received a response today. Those were the dates they quoted as being closed for the month of November.

And just an FYI - Dec. 1 Inauguration Day

http://usembassy.state.gov/CiudadJuarez/wwwhholy.html

Timeline

thanks all for your words of encouragement...I do feel better now. I talked to Raul earlier...he laughed (because I told him that I think the staff that answers the phones at CJC are passive aggressive) and said the same thing - he thinks we'll hear something in the next week or two.. keep your fingers crossed for us!

And just an FYI - Dec. 1 Inauguration Day

http://usembassy.state.gov/CiudadJuarez/wwwhholy.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.