waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hi,

I'm not sure about the letter, don't think will be an issue if you ask for it, just bring the case number ... maybe one of the NOAS and copy of your bf's passport and your ID ... Does anybody have more information about this? My appointment schedule was 8-10 and for what I've heard most of them are at same hour.

Haaaaaa ... believe me this is NOT over yet, I'm filling the AOS now and I'm getting crazy!!!

Was checking my binder and the only thing you might missing is the INTENT TO MARRY ... you have that one? If not, here it is:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=examples

Do not worry, everything will be fine ... keep us updated!!

:star:

thanks! I do have that form, but he hasn't filled it out yet. It looks like he has to do it inside the consulate to get it notarized by an officer. Is that the case??

also, can you just tell me briefly what to expect from the interview. How long will he be in there? what kind of things will they ask? should we get there at like 7am or is that too early? does everyone speak Spanish in the consulate or will my fiance be lost in there. What should I tell him in preparation. I know that's a lot of questions, but I just don't know what to expect. Any info will be great. Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
thanks! I do have that form, but he hasn't filled it out yet. It looks like he has to do it inside the consulate to get it notarized by an officer. Is that the case??

also, can you just tell me briefly what to expect from the interview. How long will he be in there? what kind of things will they ask? should we get there at like 7am or is that too early? does everyone speak Spanish in the consulate or will my fiance be lost in there. What should I tell him in preparation. I know that's a lot of questions, but I just don't know what to expect. Any info will be great. Thanks

Hello there!

Yes, he must sign that form infront of a consul ... they will let him know when.

About the interview ... is not that bad and is also quick but what makes it a nightmare is the time waiting outside and there's no need to get before 8 am and yes, people speak spanish in there aaaaaall of them even the Consul at interview.

Here is a copy of a post I wrote about my experience, hope it helps:

Hi again!

Well, my boyfriend got the open apointment letter on May but the date on it was March so was a little delayed. I've never got the letter here in Mexico.

I found a very good package on the website I gave you including flight, hotel, food and transportation. Arrived to Juarez a sunday and leave the next thursday ... decided stay one more day in case I needed, booking in one more day was just 50 usd at the web site then I heard that staying one more night was about 150 usd paying at the moment!!! I stayed at Holiday Inn las Misiones which is very close to the consulate.

Monday morning went to the Medical Examination and took me about 4 hours, the examinations include blood test, vision test and then a Dr. (woman) called you to take your clothes off in a room and ask some questions ... sometimes they ask you to get an extra test like urine or something if not, the Dr. will let her know where does she have to pay and the hour she needs to get back for the results. She will get an black envelope, DO NOT OPEN IT. I'm not sure if she is allowed to use your credit card but she can ask when she gets to the clinic, I would recommend to bring cash just in case. After that I went to pay the 131 usd at Banamex and get something to eat because I was starving!

On tuesday went to the consulate, check the specific hour your open apointment letter says because you can't get in before. The interview is very fast, few questions about your relationship, might ask for some evidence. If your visa is approved (will be!) they keep your gf's passport and in the same room is a DHL place, she has to pay 8 usd (or pesos) and they will give her a tracking number (so you can check the process online) and 2 possible addresses to pick her passport with the visa stick on it ... mine was the same day at 6:00 pm but saw the upgrade when DHL was already closed so got it the wednestay morning. Make sure everything on her passport is with the right information just be carefull because there is another DO NOT OPEN YELLOW PACKAGE, she needs to deliver that on POE you choose to cross.

As you can see with luck ... could be a 2 days trip, had somethings to do before so I did not leave to Juarez right away ... took me like a month.

Hope this answer to your questions.

AOS

05/03/10 Send AOS to Chicago

05/05/10 Delivered at Chicago

05/10/10 Mail and text MSG

05/12/10 NOAs on the mail

05/15/10 Biometrics letter on the mail

05/28/10 Biometrics done

05/31/10 Touched

06/01/10 Touched

06/02/10 Case transferred to California Service Center

06/09/10 Touched

06/10/10 Touched

06/22/10 Touched

07/10/10 Touched

07/12/10 I-765 EAD card production ordered and I-131 AP Approved

07/28/10 I-485 AOS card production ordered

08/06/10 Green Card Received!

Timeline
Hello there!

Yes, he must sign that form infront of a consul ... they will let him know when.

About the interview ... is not that bad and is also quick but what makes it a nightmare is the time waiting outside and there's no need to get before 8 am and yes, people speak spanish in there aaaaaall of them even the Consul at interview.

Here is a copy of a post I wrote about my experience, hope it helps:

Hi again!

Well, my boyfriend got the open apointment letter on May but the date on it was March so was a little delayed. I've never got the letter here in Mexico.

I found a very good package on the website I gave you including flight, hotel, food and transportation. Arrived to Juarez a sunday and leave the next thursday ... decided stay one more day in case I needed, booking in one more day was just 50 usd at the web site then I heard that staying one more night was about 150 usd paying at the moment!!! I stayed at Holiday Inn las Misiones which is very close to the consulate.

Monday morning went to the Medical Examination and took me about 4 hours, the examinations include blood test, vision test and then a Dr. (woman) called you to take your clothes off in a room and ask some questions ... sometimes they ask you to get an extra test like urine or something if not, the Dr. will let her know where does she have to pay and the hour she needs to get back for the results. She will get an black envelope, DO NOT OPEN IT. I'm not sure if she is allowed to use your credit card but she can ask when she gets to the clinic, I would recommend to bring cash just in case. After that I went to pay the 131 usd at Banamex and get something to eat because I was starving!

On tuesday went to the consulate, check the specific hour your open apointment letter says because you can't get in before. The interview is very fast, few questions about your relationship, might ask for some evidence. If your visa is approved (will be!) they keep your gf's passport and in the same room is a DHL place, she has to pay 8 usd (or pesos) and they will give her a tracking number (so you can check the process online) and 2 possible addresses to pick her passport with the visa stick on it ... mine was the same day at 6:00 pm but saw the upgrade when DHL was already closed so got it the wednestay morning. Make sure everything on her passport is with the right information just be carefull because there is another DO NOT OPEN YELLOW PACKAGE, she needs to deliver that on POE you choose to cross.

As you can see with luck ... could be a 2 days trip, had somethings to do before so I did not leave to Juarez right away ... took me like a month.

Hope this answer to your questions.

thank you!! that really helps. I think things will go well!!!

Timeline

Going for the medical on February 2nd and the visa inteview on the 3rd - Please God.

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Going for the medical on February 2nd and the visa inteview on the 3rd - Please God.

Everything will be fine, you guys will make it this time ... as you said, remember the magic answer to those questions NO!!!

AOS

05/03/10 Send AOS to Chicago

05/05/10 Delivered at Chicago

05/10/10 Mail and text MSG

05/12/10 NOAs on the mail

05/15/10 Biometrics letter on the mail

05/28/10 Biometrics done

05/31/10 Touched

06/01/10 Touched

06/02/10 Case transferred to California Service Center

06/09/10 Touched

06/10/10 Touched

06/22/10 Touched

07/10/10 Touched

07/12/10 I-765 EAD card production ordered and I-131 AP Approved

07/28/10 I-485 AOS card production ordered

08/06/10 Green Card Received!

Timeline
at the Holiday Inn Express. We did the Medical today and tomorrow will do the interview. I just want it to be over already.

Best of luck Stasia! Prayers for you! :innocent:

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Timeline
at the Holiday Inn Express. We did the Medical today and tomorrow will do the interview. I just want it to be over already.

Best of luck!!!!!!!! Keep us posted!

Good luck!

Timeline
Best of luck!!!!!!!! Keep us posted!

Good luck!

Approved!!! finally we can move forward into the next chapter of our life.

The interview was pretty chill, though they did grill him a lot about his tattoos, both in the medical and at the consulate. They took pictures of all of them and asked him about their significance, and asked him a lot about whether he's done drugs. They used different angles to ask the same things. He just said no to everything. :dance:

Yay! Congrats!

April 19, 2010 - NOA1 (documents received at Mexico City Embassy)

April 20, 2010 - NOA2 (received notice April 28, 2010, mailed April 27)

May 3, 2010 - Packet 3 sent (received May 27, 2010)

May 9, 2010 - I emailed them using the inquiry form asking for my case number

May 17, 2010 - received case number and link to Packet 3 by email

May 18, 2010 - sent Packet 3 to Ciudad Juarez

May 28, 2010 - called Ciudad Juarez to see if we had an appointment yet, they said wait 6-8 weeks :(

May 30, 2010 - I return to the US

June 8, 2010 - called and found out appointment date

June 16, 2010 - received Packet 4

July 6, 2010 - interview - Approved!

July 7, 2010 - pick up visa at DHL and POE to activate

July 29, 2010 - welcome letter received

August 1, 2010 - my husband comes home to me

August 13, 2010 - received Green Card

September 28, 2010 - never received Social Security Card, had to apply for it, arrived Sept. 28

Timeline

Congratulations Stasia, so happy for you! Oh how wonderful!

Well our wait it just beginning, my bf is flying to juarez right now and his medical is tomorrow and appt on Wednesday - :innocent:

I hope it goes through this time! :) Please pray for us!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

Timeline
Congratulations Stasia, so happy for you! Oh how wonderful!

Well our wait it just beginning, my bf is flying to juarez right now and his medical is tomorrow and appt on Wednesday - :innocent:

I hope it goes through this time! :) Please pray for us!

I will definitely be praying for you guys. I'm sure he'll do fine. There shouldn't be any surprises for him this time. As you said in a previous post I think, the answer is NO, and that was definitely our mantra. I thought of your story a lot when over there. Can't wait to here good news from you! :thumbs:

I just called the NVC today and they said they had forwarded our K3 case to Ciudad Juarez. Does anyone know about how long it takes to get from NVC to the Ciudad Juarez Consulate? And about how long after getting there do they usually assign an interview date? We're getting pretty excited :) Just hoping that everything goes well :unsure:

Timeline
Approved!!! finally we can move forward into the next chapter of our life.

The interview was pretty chill, though they did grill him a lot about his tattoos, both in the medical and at the consulate. They took pictures of all of them and asked him about their significance, and asked him a lot about whether he's done drugs. They used different angles to ask the same things. He just said no to everything. :dance:

Congrats!!!! I'm glad everything went so smoothly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.