waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Thanks everyone for your kind words and support!!!! I wish everyone the best of luck that has interviews coming up in the near future and beyond!!!!

All in all Cuidad Juarez was a really nice time. The town and the people are nice, the process though long was well worth it!!! Now it's on with the next chapter of our lives.... Again thanks everyone!!

Congratulations JustD and thanks for your good wishes to us, the ones, who are going to Juarez soon. I have a very tight schedule and I would like to know how long it took you to get the visa in your hands. I know DHL sometimes takes longer than a day and I'm honesly hoping mine will not take longer than that! :blush:

erjv5fizz2s0.png

d5nu9o3msuf.png

Timeline
Went to Banamex this morning.... In line at 9:30.. In the consulate immediately.... Approved at 11:52am!!!!!! Now I can breathe again.... Now there is more planning to bring everyone home finally!!!!! Thanks for everyone's kind words and advice. It really helped us all in this process! Best of luck for everyone doing their interviews in the next few days. Hopefully it goes smoothly for you all....

Congrats!!! :dance: :dance:

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 10/07/2008

I-129F NOA1 : 10/09/2008

I-129F NOA2 : 02/17/2009

Received Invitation Letter: 03/18/2009

Interview Approved: 5/19/2009

Travel to US: 6/28/2009

Married: 8/13/2009

Adjustment of Status (Green Card)

Sent : 02/11/2010

NOA : 02/18/2010

Biometrics : 03/16/2010

Interview Approved : 05/25/2010

Green Card in Hand : 06/22/2010

Removal of Conditions

Sent : 05/18/2012

Delivery Confirmation: 5/21/2012

Went to Banamex this morning.... In line at 9:30.. In the consulate immediately.... Approved at 11:52am!!!!!! Now I can breathe again.... Now there is more planning to bring everyone home finally!!!!! Thanks for everyone's kind words and advice. It really helped us all in this process! Best of luck for everyone doing their interviews in the next few days. Hopefully it goes smoothly for you all....

Big, huge CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Timeline

Thanks for the info. I had assumed it actually did transmit some data to the consulate so that they could associate the bar code with the case. If not, I guess we can re-fill out the form to correct a couple of mistakes?

We are going for the interview on Monday!

We have a question about the online 156 form used by Juarez. After you fill it out and press "continue" to generate the PDF, do you print it out and then sign the paper copy/copies?

Thanks in advance.

Yes. It's not really online in the sense that you are transmitting data. It's only online so that it can generate a unique barcode for everyone. The new 160 actually sends data but, as far as I know, Juarez still isn't using it. Be sure you print out two copies or photo copy the original before you sign it. You need to have two copies with the same barcode.

2007-11-30: I-129F received by CSC

2008-02-04: NOA1

2009-03-02: NOA2

2009-03-12: Received by NVC

2009-04-16: Sent to consulate

2009-05-23: Packet 3 received

Thanks for the info. I had assumed it actually did transmit some data to the consulate so that they could associate the bar code with the case. If not, I guess we can re-fill out the form to correct a couple of mistakes?

We have a question about the online 156 form used by Juarez. After you fill it out and press "continue" to generate the PDF, do you print it out and then sign the paper copy/copies?

Thanks in advance.

Yes. It's not really online in the sense that you are transmitting data. It's only online so that it can generate a unique barcode for everyone. The new 160 actually sends data but, as far as I know, Juarez still isn't using it. Be sure you print out two copies or photo copy the original before you sign it. You need to have two copies with the same barcode.

Nothing gets transmitted to the consulate, so you're free to fill out the form again and fix anything that you might have messed up. The only "electronic" part of it is that it generates a bar code that gets put on the form that you print out, and the consulate can quickly scan it and won't have to manually enter the info. Best of luck to you on Monday!

Timeline

Thanks in advance.

Nothing gets transmitted to the consulate, so you're free to fill out the form again and fix anything that you might have messed up. The only "electronic" part of it is that it generates a bar code that gets put on the form that you print out, and the consulate can quickly scan it and won't have to manually enter the info. Best of luck to you on Monday!

Thanks!

Timeline

Can anyone give me driving directions from El Paso to the consulate and/or the nearby Holiday Inn? Paseo de la Victoria must be relatively new because I can't seem to find it on any maps.

Can anyone give me driving directions from El Paso to the consulate and/or the nearby Holiday Inn? Paseo de la Victoria must be relatively new because I can't seem to find it on any maps.

From the Holiday Inn website:

FROM EL PASO, TX: CORDOBA-AMERICAS INTL BRIDGE, TAKE AV A. LINCOLN, TURN LEFT ON P. TRIUNFO DE LA REP. TURN RIGHT ON AV. PANAMERICANA, TURN LEFT ON AV TEOFILO BORUNDA UNTIL P. DE LA VICTORIA, AND TURN LEFT. HOTEL IS NEXT TO STAR MEDICA.

Timeline

From the Holiday Inn website:

FROM EL PASO, TX: CORDOBA-AMERICAS INTL BRIDGE, TAKE AV A. LINCOLN, TURN LEFT ON P. TRIUNFO DE LA REP. TURN RIGHT ON AV. PANAMERICANA, TURN LEFT ON AV TEOFILO BORUNDA UNTIL P. DE LA VICTORIA, AND TURN LEFT. HOTEL IS NEXT TO STAR MEDICA.

Ok, thanks. I saw that. I just wasn't able to find some of those roads on any map of Juarez.

Timeline

hey everyone i will be going to uarez soon, i found all the papaerqork, except the form for the sponser, i dont make the minimum requierments so i have a sponser, its just i cant find that form, what do i need to do?

Timeline

Thanks in advance.

Hi pgp! Since you are going to Juarez precisely one week before I do, could you please post your experience here??????? I'd love to get an idea on what to expect.

Thanks!!!!!

erjv5fizz2s0.png

d5nu9o3msuf.png

Timeline

Hi guys,

I made it to the Holiday Inn in Juarez! It really wasn't too bad, but since it was my first time driving in Mexico, I was a little nervous. Tomorrow -- medical, Tuesday -- interview!

Timeline

I walked down to the consulate just to scope things out. I see that there are 2 clinics right next to the consulate. I guess I missed that fact. Any recommendations on which one to go to? What time we should be there?

We're going for the medical tomorrow morning (so, in about 12 hours I guess!)

And I will definitely try and post my experiences.

My first impressions of the area are that it was built up around the new consulate. There are many new buildings here and quite a few American restaurants (McDonald's, Denny's, Wendy's) and other stores. I guess we will have to go somewhere for some authentic food :)

Timeline

The one in the back I'm not sure what it is. I just know that the official one is the one next to main avenue. (Paseo de la Victoria). And you will see tomorrow which one is the right one just by the amount of people in line outside.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Mexico City, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-08

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-02-27

NVC Received : 2009-03-02

NVC Left : 2009-03-13

Consulate Received : 2009-03-16

Packet 3 Received : 2009-04-28

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-04-29

Packet 4 Received : 2009-04-28

Interview Date : 2009-05-19 Around 9 am

Visa Received : 2009-05-19 Around 2 pm

US Entry : 2009-30-05

Marriage : 2009-12-06

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 81 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 162 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
I walked down to the consulate just to scope things out. I see that there are 2 clinics right next to the consulate. I guess I missed that fact. Any recommendations on which one to go to? What time we should be there?

We're going for the medical tomorrow morning (so, in about 12 hours I guess!)

And I will definitely try and post my experiences.

My first impressions of the area are that it was built up around the new consulate. There are many new buildings here and quite a few American restaurants (McDonald's, Denny's, Wendy's) and other stores. I guess we will have to go somewhere for some authentic food :)

My fiance is flying up to Juarez in a few hours and If I wasn't in Iraq I would be with her. I think I am just as nervous as she is. And I wish I could have some authentic food right now too. Have fun down there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.