waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Has anyone went thru the process with a dependant?? I am still trying to figure out what paperwork if any I need to bring for my fiance's son. Thanks all!!!

What are your specific questions? Is your fiance's son getting a K2 visa? If so, you need to fill out the DS-156 for the child, have an original birth certificate and passport. Also, the child will need to have a medical exam and if the child is under 14, the results will take 72 hours to be ready. You have to pay the visa fee for both the K1 and K2 and the child needs to attend the interview.

If you have more specific questions, ask me and I'll try to help. I just went through the process with a K2 a little over a month ago.

I was just wondering what applications we need to have filled out for him. I searched and searched and all I could find was a o-156 and that isn't used anymore I dont think. We did also fillout the new DS-160 online. I want to make sure I have EVERYTHING we need. We have originals and copies of the birth certificates (long and short versions). We just got his passport and we are leaving tomorrow so we can get the Medical Exams started. Just trying to be as prepared as possible and now I am freaking out because we leave tomorrow!!!

He is 3 years old. I didnt know for sure if they were using the DS-160, I just filled it out anyways. I did the DS-156 for him already and I will do a DS-157 tomorro just in case. I head out in the afternoon. She is there now and they are doing their Medical's in the morning. Again thanks for your advice!

Please, somebody correct me if I am wrong but Juarez still isn't using the DS-160. They are still using only the DS-156. That was all that was asked for about 6 weeks ago when my fiance and her daughter were there. How old is the child? Someone help me out here but I think all males over 18 need to fill out the DS-157 as well. I know it's not asked for by the CO sometimes but the instructions say that all males over a certain age must fill it out and bring it. So if you can tell me his age, I can help you a little more and tell you exactly what you need to do.

You don't need to do a DS-157 for a 3 year old boy. If you see it, you will realize it's not necessary. It asks about school and job history and military service. So just a DS-156(print two copies), medical and pay the fee for the K2(same amount as K1...unbelievable but true). I hope you planned for the 72 hour wait for the results of the child's medical exam. It's because of a bullshit TB test but those are the rules so...........

Good Luck with everything!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Has anyone went thru the process with a dependant?? I am still trying to figure out what paperwork if any I need to bring for my fiance's son. Thanks all!!!

What are your specific questions? Is your fiance's son getting a K2 visa? If so, you need to fill out the DS-156 for the child, have an original birth certificate and passport. Also, the child will need to have a medical exam and if the child is under 14, the results will take 72 hours to be ready. You have to pay the visa fee for both the K1 and K2 and the child needs to attend the interview.

If you have more specific questions, ask me and I'll try to help. I just went through the process with a K2 a little over a month ago.

I was just wondering what applications we need to have filled out for him. I searched and searched and all I could find was a o-156 and that isn't used anymore I dont think. We did also fillout the new DS-160 online. I want to make sure I have EVERYTHING we need. We have originals and copies of the birth certificates (long and short versions). We just got his passport and we are leaving tomorrow so we can get the Medical Exams started. Just trying to be as prepared as possible and now I am freaking out because we leave tomorrow!!!

He is 3 years old. I didnt know for sure if they were using the DS-160, I just filled it out anyways. I did the DS-156 for him already and I will do a DS-157 tomorro just in case. I head out in the afternoon. She is there now and they are doing their Medical's in the morning. Again thanks for your advice!

Please, somebody correct me if I am wrong but Juarez still isn't using the DS-160. They are still using only the DS-156. That was all that was asked for about 6 weeks ago when my fiance and her daughter were there. How old is the child? Someone help me out here but I think all males over 18 need to fill out the DS-157 as well. I know it's not asked for by the CO sometimes but the instructions say that all males over a certain age must fill it out and bring it. So if you can tell me his age, I can help you a little more and tell you exactly what you need to do.

You don't need to do a DS-157 for a 3 year old boy. If you see it, you will realize it's not necessary. It asks about school and job history and military service. So just a DS-156(print two copies), medical and pay the fee for the K2(same amount as K1...unbelievable but true). I hope you planned for the 72 hour wait for the results of the child's medical exam. It's because of a bullshit TB test but those are the rules so...........

Thanks for the advice. I have filled out the DS-156 and I completely understand what you are saying about the DS-157. They went thru the medicals this morning and everything seemed to go ok. They said his results would be ready by Friday. What is the latest they can go to the consulate for the actual interview?? I was hoping to beat the weekend and Monday off for the Holiday. The waiting game is KILLING me!!!! But we can't do anything about it now and we will just have to play the game. HOPEFULLY this all works out soon!!! Again thanks for the advice.

Timeline
my fiance just came back from his medical but results will not be ready till tomorrow around 10.00 is this normal? I thought they were ready that same afternoon still more confusion :wacko: now interview till friday

That seems a little strange and not normal. Did they do anything out of the ordinary compared to things that you have read here? Adults should have the results the same afternoon. Perhaps they are really busy with the consulate being closed and the holiday coming up. Did you try to call or go back and ask the clinic why the delay?

Timeline
Congrats epifreak!!!!

After all that stress before and during the interview and finally being approved I got back to the hotel to take a nap. When I woke up it was around 2 and I checked the DHL website and to my surprise the VISA was ready and waiting for me. I just got back from going and picking it up. I'm just so surprised about how lightning fast the interview and getting the visa was. The medical was another story but whatever it's done.

To answer some of the recent questions.

They are still not using the DS-160.

They did ask me for the DS-157.

At the clinic you can pay with pesos or dollars for the medical exam.

For the visa fee at the bank you have to use pesos.

Regarding the questions about the interview. It's pretty much what everyone have posted. In my case it was very fast. I think it was that fast because we sent a huge I-129F that the interviewer was reviewing. The only thing extra he asked were pictures. That was my case, either way come prepared with lots of things.

Cheers everyone and good luck!

To some degree you can give thanks to the "Swine Flu". Since the Consulate Offices were closed for over a week, DHL really didn't have a backlog of visas to issue. So for now, we can say the turn around time is fast. :yes:

That doesn't seem to be the case for us. My finacée successfully finished her interview yesterday (5/19) afternoon but still no status change for the DHL tracking number. (5/19/2009 4:22 pm Shipment Acknowledged.) Someone she met on Monday for the medical exam and Tuesday at the Consulate was able to pick up her visa this morning. Hope it doesn't take too much longer! Could there be a problem?

Timeline

Thanks for the advice. I have filled out the DS-156 and I completely understand what you are saying about the DS-157. They went thru the medicals this morning and everything seemed to go ok. They said his results would be ready by Friday. What is the latest they can go to the consulate for the actual interview?? I was hoping to beat the weekend and Monday off for the Holiday. The waiting game is KILLING me!!!! But we can't do anything about it now and we will just have to play the game. HOPEFULLY this all works out soon!!! Again thanks for the advice.

I really hate to give you bad news but most likely won't be doing your interview until next Tuesday. You won't get your results back from the clinic on Friday in time to be able to go for the interview. The open appointment for the consulate is 8am-10am. They told my fiance to go to the clinic at 11am the day the results would be ready. She went at 11 and they told her everything was fine with the results but to come back at 3pm to get the packet.

My fiance was there for a full week with her daughter(we were prepared for and scheduled it like that though) and it looks like it will be about the same for you. It's a bunch of ####### in my opinion. What should be a 3 day trip turns into a week long trip and an extra $300-$400 with extra hotel nights, food and entertainment because of a TB test. You said it best: You'll just have to play the game. We can't change much but rather just do as we are told.

Timeline
Congrats epifreak!!!!

After all that stress before and during the interview and finally being approved I got back to the hotel to take a nap. When I woke up it was around 2 and I checked the DHL website and to my surprise the VISA was ready and waiting for me. I just got back from going and picking it up. I'm just so surprised about how lightning fast the interview and getting the visa was. The medical was another story but whatever it's done.

To answer some of the recent questions.

They are still not using the DS-160.

They did ask me for the DS-157.

At the clinic you can pay with pesos or dollars for the medical exam.

For the visa fee at the bank you have to use pesos.

Regarding the questions about the interview. It's pretty much what everyone have posted. In my case it was very fast. I think it was that fast because we sent a huge I-129F that the interviewer was reviewing. The only thing extra he asked were pictures. That was my case, either way come prepared with lots of things.

Cheers everyone and good luck!

To some degree you can give thanks to the "Swine Flu". Since the Consulate Offices were closed for over a week, DHL really didn't have a backlog of visas to issue. So for now, we can say the turn around time is fast. :yes:

That doesn't seem to be the case for us. My finacée successfully finished her interview yesterday (5/19) afternoon but still no status change for the DHL tracking number. (5/19/2009 4:22 pm Shipment Acknowledged.) Someone she met on Monday for the medical exam and Tuesday at the Consulate was able to pick up her visa this morning. Hope it doesn't take too much longer! Could there be a problem?

I would call and ask DHL if they have anything. Seems strange someone on the same schedule as you already has theirs. If they picked it up in the morning they probably saw that it was ready last night but since DHL was closing/closed, they had to go in the morning. That's how it worked for my fiance and a few other people here anyway. Good Luck.

Timeline
my fiance just came back from his medical but results will not be ready till tomorrow around 10.00 is this normal? I thought they were ready that same afternoon still more confusion :wacko: now interview till friday

That is a little weird.... Like I said my fiance is there now and she did this today also. She has her results and we are just waiting til friday for her son's. But you know what, dont worry about it and dont give yourself anymore stress. Just wait until tomorrow and things will work out!!!!

Timeline

I really hate to give you bad news but most likely won't be doing your interview until next Tuesday. You won't get your results back from the clinic on Friday in time to be able to go for the interview. The open appointment for the consulate is 8am-10am. They told my fiance to go to the clinic at 11am the day the results would be ready. She went at 11 and they told her everything was fine with the results but to come back at 3pm to get the packet.

My fiance was there for a full week with her daughter(we were prepared for and scheduled it like that though) and it looks like it will be about the same for you. It's a bunch of ####### in my opinion. What should be a 3 day trip turns into a week long trip and an extra $300-$400 with extra hotel nights, food and entertainment because of a TB test. You said it best: You'll just have to play the game. We can't change much but rather just do as we are told.

I kind of figured this was going to be the case, but what are you going to do. We are going to ask tomorrow if there is ANY way we can pick them up 1st thing in the morning so we can try to beat the cutoff, but I am assuming the worst. She said her exam went by fast and that there wasnt a lot of people there so you never know... We have come this far, not going to let that rattle me! So the journey continues... Hopefully its all worth it in the end.

Timeline
thats what I think NOT normal :unsure: I am at work so I have not talked to him in details to see what they told him but this so much more stressful because I have all sorts of ideas going through my head :unsure:

Don't stress... Everything will be fine.... I have found that not 1 case is the same, so there is no need to worry!!! Best of luck!!! I will be there more than likely until next week. When are you planning on coming down??

Timeline
thats what I think NOT normal :unsure: I am at work so I have not talked to him in details to see what they told him but this so much more stressful because I have all sorts of ideas going through my head :unsure:

Don't stress... Everything will be fine.... I have found that not 1 case is the same, so there is no need to worry!!! Best of luck!!! I will be there more than likely until next week. When are you planning on coming down??

Did whomever take the medical get sent to the Psychologist? If so, not good. If he was not sent to psychologist, I wouldn't worry about it.

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Don't jump to conclusions JUST YET, you've got enough stress going on! I think sometimes they get overloaded as well, and it doesn't necessarily mean something bad.

Timeline

I agree with limejello. Take it easy wheezy. It can mean a lot of things or nothing at all so try not to worry until you know more for sure.

Cheers an good luck!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Mexico City, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-08

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-02-27

NVC Received : 2009-03-02

NVC Left : 2009-03-13

Consulate Received : 2009-03-16

Packet 3 Received : 2009-04-28

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-04-29

Packet 4 Received : 2009-04-28

Interview Date : 2009-05-19 Around 9 am

Visa Received : 2009-05-19 Around 2 pm

US Entry : 2009-30-05

Marriage : 2009-12-06

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 81 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 162 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.