waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
:dancing: :joy: we just got approved. This is the best feeling ever, no kidding. After all that waiting, I'm so excited. My fiance just got back from his interview and he texts me, "start cleaning the house" :rofl: so that means he was approved YAY!!!

COngrats!!!! thats awesome. I am still waiting on the letter, i called them and said it would be out within 4 weeks, my lawyer wont proceed without a letter, so i am waiting on it, does anyone know who they send it too? The petitioner, Benficary? and how long did it take them to send it? anyway congrats epifreak!!!

Timeline
I got approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the famous dhl wait. Thanks everyone for their support and their knowledge.

Regarding the payment it was indeed 1900 pesos. It is significantly less now because the dollar now is at 13,50 and a couple of months back got to be around 16.00.

Either way. Cheers everyone and now I can finally relax.

Thanks a lot to everyone who makes this site so incredibly useful.

Cheers!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :dance::dance:

Anything unusual in your process besides the fact that they charge less now??? :D

erjv5fizz2s0.png

d5nu9o3msuf.png

Timeline
:dancing: :joy: we just got approved. This is the best feeling ever, no kidding. After all that waiting, I'm so excited. My fiance just got back from his interview and he texts me, "start cleaning the house" :rofl: so that means he was approved YAY!!!

CONGRATULATIONS epifreak!!!!! :dance: Time to celebrate.....after cleaning the house of course! :rofl:

erjv5fizz2s0.png

d5nu9o3msuf.png

stress is all I am having these days my fiance is going to his interview this week I just want an answer already so I can relax good thing it is almost here, but for right now I am just going over all the paper work mentally making sure I forgot nothing which I don't know if it is good or bad

For my affidavit of support I just included this years tax return is that enough? or should I include previous years, How about letter from bank, or employment letter?

I should really take a deep breath because this cannot be good for me :o

I sent everything that alfredo would possibly need. taxes for the last 2 years, (since that is all i had filed b/c of my age), and copies of that years w2s, i got a letter from the bank to show assets, and i sent copies of my 3 titles to my vehicles as assets. i also sent a letter showing that alfredo had a job waiting here, and proof of his tax info (from his h2b visas that he had in the past), i pretty much used the exact same stuff for the paperwork i did for AOS, just fill out a different form.

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

I-129F NOA1 : April 5, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : April 28, 2008

NVC Left : Aug.18, 2008

Packet 3 Received: Sept. 3, 2008

Interview Date : Dec. 18, 2008

APPROVED!!!!

Dec. 19, 2008- Alfredo comes home!

Jan. 5, 2009: Alfredo and I become husband and Wife

March 10, 2009 AOS paperwork sent, will wait for it to arrive via tracking #

March 12, 2009 AOS paperwork arrives in Chicago

March 23, 2009 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

April 10, 2009-Biometrics appt. done, in and out in 15 minutes

Nov. 18, 2009-Card production ordered

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Timeline
stress is all I am having these days my fiance is going to his interview this week I just want an answer already so I can relax good thing it is almost here, but for right now I am just going over all the paper work mentally making sure I forgot nothing which I don't know if it is good or bad

For my affidavit of support I just included this years tax return is that enough? or should I include previous years, How about letter from bank, or employment letter?

I should really take a deep breath because this cannot be good for me :o

I sent everything that alfredo would possibly need. taxes for the last 2 years, (since that is all i had filed b/c of my age), and copies of that years w2s, i got a letter from the bank to show assets, and i sent copies of my 3 titles to my vehicles as assets. i also sent a letter showing that alfredo had a job waiting here, and proof of his tax info (from his h2b visas that he had in the past), i pretty much used the exact same stuff for the paperwork i did for AOS, just fill out a different form.

Thank you so much for all the advice given its very hepful :star:

I think I am going to have to add to his folder better be save than sorry

Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS :dance::dance::dance::dance:

I know you must be super excited but please if you could post details on his interview expirence it would be super for us wreckballs trying to cope with all the feelings to calm us a bit Please Please ^_^

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Has anyone went thru the process with a dependant?? I am still trying to figure out what paperwork if any I need to bring for my fiance's son. Thanks all!!!

What are your specific questions? Is your fiance's son getting a K2 visa? If so, you need to fill out the DS-156 for the child, have an original birth certificate and passport. Also, the child will need to have a medical exam and if the child is under 14, the results will take 72 hours to be ready. You have to pay the visa fee for both the K1 and K2 and the child needs to attend the interview.

If you have more specific questions, ask me and I'll try to help. I just went through the process with a K2 a little over a month ago.

I was just wondering what applications we need to have filled out for him. I searched and searched and all I could find was a o-156 and that isn't used anymore I dont think. We did also fillout the new DS-160 online. I want to make sure I have EVERYTHING we need. We have originals and copies of the birth certificates (long and short versions). We just got his passport and we are leaving tomorrow so we can get the Medical Exams started. Just trying to be as prepared as possible and now I am freaking out because we leave tomorrow!!!

Please, somebody correct me if I am wrong but Juarez still isn't using the DS-160. They are still using only the DS-156. That was all that was asked for about 6 weeks ago when my fiance and her daughter were there. How old is the child? Someone help me out here but I think all males over 18 need to fill out the DS-157 as well. I know it's not asked for by the CO sometimes but the instructions say that all males over a certain age must fill it out and bring it. So if you can tell me his age, I can help you a little more and tell you exactly what you need to do.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congrats :dance:

Timeline

Regarding the payment it was indeed 1900 pesos. It is significantly less now because the dollar now is at 13,50 and a couple of months back got to be around 16.00.

Cheers!

Did you also have to pay in pesos? How about for the medical pesos or dolllars?

Timeline

Congrats epifreak!!!!

After all that stress before and during the interview and finally being approved I got back to the hotel to take a nap. When I woke up it was around 2 and I checked the DHL website and to my surprise the VISA was ready and waiting for me. I just got back from going and picking it up. I'm just so surprised about how lightning fast the interview and getting the visa was. The medical was another story but whatever it's done.

To answer some of the recent questions.

They are still not using the DS-160.

They did ask me for the DS-157.

At the clinic you can pay with pesos or dollars for the medical exam.

For the visa fee at the bank you have to use pesos.

Regarding the questions about the interview. It's pretty much what everyone have posted. In my case it was very fast. I think it was that fast because we sent a huge I-129F that the interviewer was reviewing. The only thing extra he asked were pictures. That was my case, either way come prepared with lots of things.

Cheers everyone and good luck!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Mexico City, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-08

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-02-27

NVC Received : 2009-03-02

NVC Left : 2009-03-13

Consulate Received : 2009-03-16

Packet 3 Received : 2009-04-28

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-04-29

Packet 4 Received : 2009-04-28

Interview Date : 2009-05-19 Around 9 am

Visa Received : 2009-05-19 Around 2 pm

US Entry : 2009-30-05

Marriage : 2009-12-06

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 81 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 162 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Congrats epifreak!!!!

After all that stress before and during the interview and finally being approved I got back to the hotel to take a nap. When I woke up it was around 2 and I checked the DHL website and to my surprise the VISA was ready and waiting for me. I just got back from going and picking it up. I'm just so surprised about how lightning fast the interview and getting the visa was. The medical was another story but whatever it's done.

Regarding the questions about the interview. It's pretty much what everyone have posted. In my case it was very fast. I think it was that fast because we sent a huge I-129F that the interviewer was reviewing. The only thing extra he asked were pictures. That was my case, either way come prepared with lots of things.

To some degree you can give thanks to the "Swine Flu". Since the Consulate Offices were closed for over a week, DHL really didn't have a backlog of visas to issue. So for now, we can say the turn around time is fast. :yes:

229248abu3e9v4w9.gif

• AOS Status
  • 03-10-11 Day 00 = AOS FedEx overnight
  • 03-11-11 Day 01 = AOS at Chicago Lockbox FedEx Confirmation
  • 04-11-11 Day 32 = AOS Text/eMail Confirmation
  • 04-14-11 Day 35 = NOA (EAD & AOS)
  • 04-15-11 Day 36 = Bio-Metrics NOA
  • 05-10-11 Day 61 = Bio-Metrics Appointment
  • 05-17-11 Day 68 = Submitted Request to Correct Name on 485 & 765
  • 05-23-11 Day 74 = Status online shows I-765 (EAD) Approved
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = EAD arrived in the mail
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = Went to SSA office (name wrong on Master Immigration List)
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = InfoPass to correct name
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = SSA office again Pending name update
  • 06-??-11 Day ?? = Received Social Security Card
  • 08-03-11 Day 146 = AOS Interview

Timeline
Congrats epifreak!!!!

Thanks all of you guys for everything I don't think we could have ever done it without everyone here being so helpful. :thumbs:

Well to answer some of you guys questions pretty much David-J covers it.

Even though we did take the DS-160 , they asked for the DS-156.( We had both just in case) They didn't ask for any of the Afidavit Supports or anything to demonstrate our financial status. At the interview they only asked him how we met and if we had any pictures. That's pretty much it. He was out pretty early but because he rides the bus it took him a while to get home.

Nothing out of the ordinary or anything.

Good Luck to all of you guys that are getting ready to go to your interviews. I wish you all the best. :thumbs:

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 10/07/2008

I-129F NOA1 : 10/09/2008

I-129F NOA2 : 02/17/2009

Received Invitation Letter: 03/18/2009

Interview Approved: 5/19/2009

Travel to US: 6/28/2009

Married: 8/13/2009

Adjustment of Status (Green Card)

Sent : 02/11/2010

NOA : 02/18/2010

Biometrics : 03/16/2010

Interview Approved : 05/25/2010

Green Card in Hand : 06/22/2010

Removal of Conditions

Sent : 05/18/2012

Delivery Confirmation: 5/21/2012

Timeline

Cheers!

Did you also have to pay in pesos? How about for the medical pesos or dolllars?

For the medical we paid in dollars. I think that the problem is with the bank taking dollars.

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 10/07/2008

I-129F NOA1 : 10/09/2008

I-129F NOA2 : 02/17/2009

Received Invitation Letter: 03/18/2009

Interview Approved: 5/19/2009

Travel to US: 6/28/2009

Married: 8/13/2009

Adjustment of Status (Green Card)

Sent : 02/11/2010

NOA : 02/18/2010

Biometrics : 03/16/2010

Interview Approved : 05/25/2010

Green Card in Hand : 06/22/2010

Removal of Conditions

Sent : 05/18/2012

Delivery Confirmation: 5/21/2012

Timeline
Has anyone went thru the process with a dependant?? I am still trying to figure out what paperwork if any I need to bring for my fiance's son. Thanks all!!!

What are your specific questions? Is your fiance's son getting a K2 visa? If so, you need to fill out the DS-156 for the child, have an original birth certificate and passport. Also, the child will need to have a medical exam and if the child is under 14, the results will take 72 hours to be ready. You have to pay the visa fee for both the K1 and K2 and the child needs to attend the interview.

If you have more specific questions, ask me and I'll try to help. I just went through the process with a K2 a little over a month ago.

I was just wondering what applications we need to have filled out for him. I searched and searched and all I could find was a o-156 and that isn't used anymore I dont think. We did also fillout the new DS-160 online. I want to make sure I have EVERYTHING we need. We have originals and copies of the birth certificates (long and short versions). We just got his passport and we are leaving tomorrow so we can get the Medical Exams started. Just trying to be as prepared as possible and now I am freaking out because we leave tomorrow!!!

He is 3 years old. I didnt know for sure if they were using the DS-160, I just filled it out anyways. I did the DS-156 for him already and I will do a DS-157 tomorro just in case. I head out in the afternoon. She is there now and they are doing their Medical's in the morning. Again thanks for your advice!

Please, somebody correct me if I am wrong but Juarez still isn't using the DS-160. They are still using only the DS-156. That was all that was asked for about 6 weeks ago when my fiance and her daughter were there. How old is the child? Someone help me out here but I think all males over 18 need to fill out the DS-157 as well. I know it's not asked for by the CO sometimes but the instructions say that all males over a certain age must fill it out and bring it. So if you can tell me his age, I can help you a little more and tell you exactly what you need to do.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

I'm so happy for you!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.