waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
For CR-1 visas you will be sent a letter with a date and a time for the interview. According to the counsular officer with whom I spoke it would be good to arrive 1 - 2 days ahead of time so that the medical exam can be completed and the interviewee can have the medical results in hand for the interview at the consulate.

We initially received an email from the NVC with a pdf attachment of the request for interview letter from the consulate in Ciudad Juarez. Due to the pig flu scare our initial interview date was cancelled and I received a phone call from the consulate in Ciudad Juarez advising me of such and giving me a verbal confirmation of the new interview date in June. The actual letter confirming the consulate's phone call was sent to my address here in the US.

Thanks for you answer, I didn't ask the question but I'm in the same process, I'm waiting for the NVC to review my papers and hopefully no RFE's and give us a date for the interview.

Could you please tell us about your interview when you are done with it? It would really help me to feel informed thanks

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

01/10/19 NOA date/showed under documents online

01/12/19 Showed online Biometrics appointment had been created

01/15/19 Received NOA in the mail

01/15/19 Biometrics appointment showed under documents online

01/18/19 Received Biometrics appointment in the mail

01/29/19 Biometrics Appointment @Dallas

02/08/19 Interview appointment was scheduled 

03/19/19 Interview @ Fort Smith, AR (passed)

07/04/19 Naturalization Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

stress is all I am having these days my fiance is going to his interview this week I just want an answer already so I can relax good thing it is almost here, but for right now I am just going over all the paper work mentally making sure I forgot nothing which I don't know if it is good or bad

For my affidavit of support I just included this years tax return is that enough? or should I include previous years, How about letter from bank, or employment letter?

I should really take a deep breath because this cannot be good for me :o

I'm planning to go on the 25th. So who ever goes next week please post your experience and everything.

thanks everyone and good luck

Hi David,

My signature has a link to a google map i created that shows where everything is at. Including the hotel. Make sure it is in Satelite mode. Don't the map is old pictures but it is current in information. You will see that everything is close to each other.

-----------------------------------

Wheezy,

I took everything that the website indicated that was required. If I am not mistaken, I believe it said 3 yrs of taxes, a letter from the bank, etc....

Claudia

229248abu3e9v4w9.gif

• AOS Status
  • 03-10-11 Day 00 = AOS FedEx overnight
  • 03-11-11 Day 01 = AOS at Chicago Lockbox FedEx Confirmation
  • 04-11-11 Day 32 = AOS Text/eMail Confirmation
  • 04-14-11 Day 35 = NOA (EAD & AOS)
  • 04-15-11 Day 36 = Bio-Metrics NOA
  • 05-10-11 Day 61 = Bio-Metrics Appointment
  • 05-17-11 Day 68 = Submitted Request to Correct Name on 485 & 765
  • 05-23-11 Day 74 = Status online shows I-765 (EAD) Approved
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = EAD arrived in the mail
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = Went to SSA office (name wrong on Master Immigration List)
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = InfoPass to correct name
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = SSA office again Pending name update
  • 06-??-11 Day ?? = Received Social Security Card
  • 08-03-11 Day 146 = AOS Interview

stress is all I am having these days my fiance is going to his interview this week I just want an answer already so I can relax good thing it is almost here, but for right now I am just going over all the paper work mentally making sure I forgot nothing which I don't know if it is good or bad

For my affidavit of support I just included this years tax return is that enough? or should I include previous years, How about letter from bank, or employment letter?

I should really take a deep breath because this cannot be good for me :o

Most people recommend the last 3 years tax returns. If you didn't make enough to file any of those years, you should write a letter explaining that.

You ONLY need a letter from the bank if your income is iffy and you're using your bank account info to make up for lack of income (as an asset). Some people on VJ say that having bank account info as an asset really doesn't help much; on the contrary if you have it listed and you meet the income guidelines it might make things more complicated than necessary. I personally say use it at your own discretion. My mom was our co-sponsor and she didn't list her account info, but she did put her house/land down as an asset (along with a recent appraisal that she had as an attachment).

Employment letter IS important to confirm the amount that you say that you make. Also, be sure to attach a couple (at least 2) recent pay stubs. This is to back up the employment letter. Other people who have gone to Juarez have been asked to show pay stubs.

Once you get all your paperwork together, you can make a list here on VJ of what you're taking and generally you'll get some good feedback from others on whether you're all set or if you might be forgetting something. :thumbs:

Timeline

Hi guys my fiance just came back from the medical exam. So far everything went well.

He arrived at the clinic early in the morning at 5:40 and there was already a line. He said he was the first one out, around 12,no eye exam, or vaccinations for him. Typical check up, but he said that they first gave everyone a mask and sanatized there hands because of the influenza H1N1 thing. They drew blood and took urine samples, a physical check up, x-rays. He said that for the urine samples they gave him a cup and he had to pee behind a glassed door :blush: He said he was kind of uncomfortable because there was a girl behind the door watching him pee. I thought this was kind of interesting since I don't remember ever hearing about this here on vj. He also said that it was a young lady who did the physical check up. He was asked to undress and stay in his underware, then was weighed and asked questions about if he had done drugs before, if he had any kind of venerial desease etc etc. Then he was asked to fully undress and was physically checked, no touching though.

Later he went to pay for the interview at BanaMex. He said he had to go several times. At first he forgot his passport at home so he had to go back and get it. When he came back he let them know that he was paying for the interview and he gave them the money in US dollars but they told him that he had to pay in pesos!! :wacko: I thought that he could pay either in pesos or us dollars but I guess not. So then he had to go to get pesos. The total fee he had to pay for the interview was 1900 and something pesos, which is the equivalent of 148 us dollars. So know I'm worried because lately I've been hearing that you pay 171 us dollars. :angry: I guess we will find out tommorrow. This is really frustrating because you can't even trust what the juarez consulate website has posted. In there posting it states you pay 131 us dollars and it says that it was updated on april 2009. But everyone here has been paying around 171 us dollars. I just hope that tommorrow everything will go well.

I know a lot of you have been asking about what the consulate will be with our interviews now because of the whole flu thing. I will let you know as soon as my fiance goes and he gives me all the details.

I was so nervous during the physical I can't imagine what it will be like tommorrow. :crying: Hope everything goes well. I just want to thank everyone here in vj for all there help and support. THANK YOU GUYS :thumbs:

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 10/07/2008

I-129F NOA1 : 10/09/2008

I-129F NOA2 : 02/17/2009

Received Invitation Letter: 03/18/2009

Interview Approved: 5/19/2009

Travel to US: 6/28/2009

Married: 8/13/2009

Adjustment of Status (Green Card)

Sent : 02/11/2010

NOA : 02/18/2010

Biometrics : 03/16/2010

Interview Approved : 05/25/2010

Green Card in Hand : 06/22/2010

Removal of Conditions

Sent : 05/18/2012

Delivery Confirmation: 5/21/2012

Hi guys my fiance just came back from the medical exam. So far everything went well.

He arrived at the clinic early in the morning at 5:40 and there was already a line. He said he was the first one out, around 12,no eye exam, or vaccinations for him. Typical check up, but he said that they first gave everyone a mask and sanatized there hands because of the influenza H1N1 thing. They drew blood and took urine samples, a physical check up, x-rays. He said that for the urine samples they gave him a cup and he had to pee behind a glassed door :blush: He said he was kind of uncomfortable because there was a girl behind the door watching him pee. I thought this was kind of interesting since I don't remember ever hearing about this here on vj. He also said that it was a young lady who did the physical check up. He was asked to undress and stay in his underware, then was weighed and asked questions about if he had done drugs before, if he had any kind of venerial desease etc etc. Then he was asked to fully undress and was physically checked, no touching though.

Later he went to pay for the interview at BanaMex. He said he had to go several times. At first he forgot his passport at home so he had to go back and get it. When he came back he let them know that he was paying for the interview and he gave them the money in US dollars but they told him that he had to pay in pesos!! :wacko: I thought that he could pay either in pesos or us dollars but I guess not. So then he had to go to get pesos. The total fee he had to pay for the interview was 1900 and something pesos, which is the equivalent of 148 us dollars. So know I'm worried because lately I've been hearing that you pay 171 us dollars. :angry: I guess we will find out tommorrow. This is really frustrating because you can't even trust what the juarez consulate website has posted. In there posting it states you pay 131 us dollars and it says that it was updated on april 2009. But everyone here has been paying around 171 us dollars. I just hope that tommorrow everything will go well.

I know a lot of you have been asking about what the consulate will be with our interviews now because of the whole flu thing. I will let you know as soon as my fiance goes and he gives me all the details.

I was so nervous during the physical I can't imagine what it will be like tommorrow. :crying: Hope everything goes well. I just want to thank everyone here in vj for all there help and support. THANK YOU GUYS :thumbs:

Best of luck tomorrow! Everything should be fine...

That's really strange about Banamex, we definitely paid in dollars, not pesos. Maybe that's a new policy, who knows! It was also definitely $171 U.S. that we paid but it really fluctuates with the exchange rate, and lately the exchange rate has been really unpredictable, but I do know it was over 2,000 pesos. I've never heard of the costs going down instead of up, but I guess they know exactly how much it is, though, so if it's paid and you have the receipt, you should be just fine.

Just as an aside, I think I might know why they're doing that at Banamex (the not accepting dollars thing). At practically every bank in Mexico it's become extremely difficult to change dollars to pesos (it's getting worse all the time), and very few banks are now easily accepting dollars if you are Mexican. They would allow me to exchange dollars at a bank (I went to 4 different banks in Merida trying to change my money) and they wouldn't let me do it without my passport. When Marcos tried to do it they said he would have to open a bank account and present a bunch of different documents in order to change money. That might be why they didn't allow him to pay in dollars, just because it's difficult to verify the the authenticity of the bills, and they only let us pay in dollars because I was there with him.

Timeline
Best of luck tomorrow! Everything should be fine...

That's really strange about Banamex, we definitely paid in dollars, not pesos. Maybe that's a new policy, who knows! It was also definitely $171 U.S. that we paid but it really fluctuates with the exchange rate, and lately the exchange rate has been really unpredictable, but I do know it was over 2,000 pesos. I've never heard of the costs going down instead of up, but I guess they know exactly how much it is, though, so if it's paid and you have the receipt, you should be just fine.

Just as an aside, I think I might know why they're doing that at Banamex (the not accepting dollars thing). At practically every bank in Mexico it's become extremely difficult to change dollars to pesos (it's getting worse all the time), and very few banks are now easily accepting dollars if you are Mexican. They would allow me to exchange dollars at a bank (I went to 4 different banks in Merida trying to change my money) and they wouldn't let me do it without my passport. When Marcos tried to do it they said he would have to open a bank account and present a bunch of different documents in order to change money. That might be why they didn't allow him to pay in dollars, just because it's difficult to verify the the authenticity of the bills, and they only let us pay in dollars because I was there with him.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that they did charge him correctly, Its very frustrating and stressing, but hopefully everything will be ok. Thanks for letting me know about the banks and stuff I feel a little better know. Even though I'm still unsure about the cost.

K-1 Visa

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
BEST OF LUCK TODAY :thumbs: epifreak hope everything goes well now you got me thing because my fiance is going to pay in dollars hope he does not have any problems with that keep us posted

SORRY :bonk: its now you got me thinking

Timeline

I got approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the famous dhl wait. Thanks everyone for their support and their knowledge.

Regarding the payment it was indeed 1900 pesos. It is significantly less now because the dollar now is at 13,50 and a couple of months back got to be around 16.00.

Either way. Cheers everyone and now I can finally relax.

Thanks a lot to everyone who makes this site so incredibly useful.

Cheers!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Mexico City, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-08

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-02-27

NVC Received : 2009-03-02

NVC Left : 2009-03-13

Consulate Received : 2009-03-16

Packet 3 Received : 2009-04-28

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-04-29

Packet 4 Received : 2009-04-28

Interview Date : 2009-05-19 Around 9 am

Visa Received : 2009-05-19 Around 2 pm

US Entry : 2009-30-05

Marriage : 2009-12-06

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 81 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 162 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Regarding the payment it was indeed 1900 pesos. It is significantly less now because the dollar now is at 13,50 and a couple of months back got to be around 16.00.

Cheers!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

BEST OF LUCK TODAY :thumbs: epifreak hope everything goes well now you got me thing because my fiance is going to pay in dollars hope he does not have any problems with that keep us posted

SORRY :bonk: its now you got me thinking

See what I mean! This process fries your brain!!! :wacko: hee hee

Timeline

Cheers!

Congrats!!! :dance:

I'm still waiting. This is a horrible feeling :crying:

K-1 Visa

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
Has anyone went thru the process with a dependant?? I am still trying to figure out what paperwork if any I need to bring for my fiance's son. Thanks all!!!

What are your specific questions? Is your fiance's son getting a K2 visa? If so, you need to fill out the DS-156 for the child, have an original birth certificate and passport. Also, the child will need to have a medical exam and if the child is under 14, the results will take 72 hours to be ready. You have to pay the visa fee for both the K1 and K2 and the child needs to attend the interview.

If you have more specific questions, ask me and I'll try to help. I just went through the process with a K2 a little over a month ago.

I was just wondering what applications we need to have filled out for him. I searched and searched and all I could find was a o-156 and that isn't used anymore I dont think. We did also fillout the new DS-160 online. I want to make sure I have EVERYTHING we need. We have originals and copies of the birth certificates (long and short versions). We just got his passport and we are leaving tomorrow so we can get the Medical Exams started. Just trying to be as prepared as possible and now I am freaking out because we leave tomorrow!!!

Timeline
:dancing: :joy: we just got approved. This is the best feeling ever, no kidding. After all that waiting, I'm so excited. My fiance just got back from his interview and he texts me, "start cleaning the house" :rofl: so that means he was approved YAY!!!

K-1 Visa

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
:dancing: :joy: we just got approved. This is the best feeling ever, no kidding. After all that waiting, I'm so excited. My fiance just got back from his interview and he texts me, "start cleaning the house" :rofl: so that means he was approved YAY!!!

That is GREAT news!!!! CONGRATS!!!!! My fiance gets there today and I get in tomorrow night... I sure hope we can have similar news in the days to come.... BEST OF LUCK guys!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.