waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Hi limejello

I have a question for you did your fiance take all the original paperwork sent with your 129F including pictures and proof of relationship plus did you sent recent proof for example recent pictures and telephone bills sorry but I am a nutcase right now trying to make all paperwork perfect and not forget nothing :blink: thanks for the help

Hi wheezy,

My fiance did take copies of the originals of everything sent with the original I-129F packet, but he didn't take copies of the forms (like the I-129F ITSELF or the biographical statements, etc.). I added the caveat to my original post about the results of our interview that I think our situation was unique, and I still think this is 100% true. In almost everyone else's case the consular officer looks at at least SOME of the evidence or SOME of the photos. I don't regret being overly prepared, and if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't have been like "I'll leave that out, they probably won't look at it...". In my opinion you get pretty much one shot to get it right. It definitely doesn't hurt to have documents that you *think* that *possibly* they won't look at or ask for (like Marcos's "not married" certificates), we just put them in the back of the accordian folder JUST IN CASE it comes up.

We had evidence from the days leading up to the interview: I included the boarding passes from our flights from Merida to Mexico City, and from Mexico City to Ciudad Juarez. He also had my original passport AND my Mexican tourist document to prove that I was there in Juarez with him. Of course this stuff was never asked for but I'm glad I included it just in case. The recent telephone bills and photos (along with your NEW letter of intent dated a couple of days before the interview) show that you have an ongoing relationship and you're still very much interested in your fiancee's having the visa.

Don't worry about being a nutcase before the interview! As much as I can tell you to relax, I know it's going to be really hard to do. But relax. :thumbs:

thank you so much ;) I do try to relax but its so hard I can just image my nerves when he is in the actual interview

You might actually be surprised! I know I was freaking out up until the point where I left Marcos at the consulate to go in by himself, after that I felt like a huge relief because I knew it was out of my hands at that point, and at the same time all the buildup would be coming to an end in a matter of hours (whether the result would be favorable or not, the hard part would be over). I guess it's just realizing that it's OK to freak out up until that point, and giving yourself permission to do it (it's totally normal!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
thank you so much ;) I do try to relax but its so hard I can just image my nerves when he is in the actual interview

No, don't relax. Freak out. Drive yourself crazy thinking "what if he doesn't get it". Pace back and forth in the hotel room while he is in the interview. That's what I did when Ceci went in and it worked for me. =)

No, don't relax. Freak out. Drive yourself crazy thinking "what if he doesn't get it". Pace back and forth in the hotel room while he is in the interview. That's what I did when Ceci went in and it worked for me. =)

Hee hee, reverse psychology... might just work!

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
This might be kinda of a dumb question, but hey someone must ask it.

Do have to wait until the exact date of the interview to go to ciudad juarez. From what I understood is no. The type of visa we're going with is the I-130 (CR-1).

I know that for a k-1 visa you don't have to wait but for a k-3 visa (Spouse/Husband) I had the impretion that you did have to wait. That's why the give you a specific date. For a k-1 visa we are told we have an open date meaning we can go when we are ready in a lapse of 4 months.

Thats good i would like to know also, sence i see there is walk in for k1 what about spouse visas lol im doing the spouse visa and its seems like im the only 1 lol :(

12/28/2007-- Married in mexico

02/2/2009- Sent out I-130

02/06/2009-Noa1

04/27/2009-Noa2 Approved :)

05/02/2009-noa2 Hardcopy in the mail :)

05/18/09- Nvc case number and Ds-3032 also paid Aos bill

06/16/2009- paid IV bill

07/20/2009- sent out Aos ( yea I paid everything now im sending it. I was out of town with my hubby for 2months Thank God they let us pay online now only if we could send everything else online lol )

07/30/2009- Sent out DS-230

08/12/2009- Case Complete with NVC

09/01/2009- Visa interview has been scheduled for 10/05/2009. Letter by email.

Timeline

Hello again

a new question has come out anybody familiar with I864-A how does it work? I want to know if my sister would fill this one out if I needed her income to qualify? what I don't understand if its going to be our income combined or does she have to qualify on her own. One more thing she has a baby so the household size would be 5 (her, her baby, me, my baby plus fiance) and both our incomes combined would have to be for 5 people? :help: please

Timeline

Do have to wait until the exact date of the interview to go to ciudad juarez. From what I understood is no. The type of visa we're going with is the I-130 (CR-1).

I know that for a k-1 visa you don't have to wait but for a k-3 visa (Spouse/Husband) I had the impretion that you did have to wait. That's why the give you a specific date. For a k-1 visa we are told we have an open date meaning we can go when we are ready in a lapse of 4 months.

Thats good i would like to know also, sence i see there is walk in for k1 what about spouse visas lol im doing the spouse visa and its seems like im the only 1 lol :(

I don't think your the only one. Maybe your the only one in this forum(mostly posts are for k-1), but keep searching in this web. I'm pretty sure you will find others. The spouse visa? Is that the k-3 visa or the CR-1? I think for those you have to wait for them to provide a date for you. I'm not sure since I'm doing the k-1 visa or fiance visa. Try searching in the guides to see if you find anything I'm sure there will be some help. Good Luck!!

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 10/07/2008

I-129F NOA1 : 10/09/2008

I-129F NOA2 : 02/17/2009

Received Invitation Letter: 03/18/2009

Interview Approved: 5/19/2009

Travel to US: 6/28/2009

Married: 8/13/2009

Adjustment of Status (Green Card)

Sent : 02/11/2010

NOA : 02/18/2010

Biometrics : 03/16/2010

Interview Approved : 05/25/2010

Green Card in Hand : 06/22/2010

Removal of Conditions

Sent : 05/18/2012

Delivery Confirmation: 5/21/2012

Timeline

I don't think your the only one. Maybe your the only one in this forum(mostly posts are for k-1), but keep searching in this web. I'm pretty sure you will find others. The spouse visa? Is that the k-3 visa or the CR-1? I think for those you have to wait for them to provide a date for you. I'm not sure since I'm doing the k-1 visa or fiance visa. Try searching in the guides to see if you find anything I'm sure there will be some help. Good Luck!!

Try the guides webcite here is the guide for k-3. it kind of guides you on what will happen.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k3flow

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 10/07/2008

I-129F NOA1 : 10/09/2008

I-129F NOA2 : 02/17/2009

Received Invitation Letter: 03/18/2009

Interview Approved: 5/19/2009

Travel to US: 6/28/2009

Married: 8/13/2009

Adjustment of Status (Green Card)

Sent : 02/11/2010

NOA : 02/18/2010

Biometrics : 03/16/2010

Interview Approved : 05/25/2010

Green Card in Hand : 06/22/2010

Removal of Conditions

Sent : 05/18/2012

Delivery Confirmation: 5/21/2012

Hello again

a new question has come out anybody familiar with I864-A how does it work? I want to know if my sister would fill this one out if I needed her income to qualify? what I don't understand if its going to be our income combined or does she have to qualify on her own. One more thing she has a baby so the household size would be 5 (her, her baby, me, my baby plus fiance) and both our incomes combined would have to be for 5 people? :help: please

I assume you're asking this for the AOS, since the K-1 uses the I-134. As far as I know, the same rules apply for the I-864 as for the I-134 (except for the I-134 being 100% of the poverty guidelines, and the I-864 is 125%).

In the case of the I-134, the sponsors only list the people who are dependent on them for tax purposes. So your I-864 would have you, your fiancee, and your baby. Your sister's will have her and your fiancee. This is assuming that your baby together is an American citizen (with birth abroad report). The only reason why your sister's I-864 would have you and your baby listed is if she claimed you on her last tax return. She would need to qualify with her income alone, and in this case she would have to make 125% of the poverty guidelines with a household of 2.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this, but if both types of affidavits are the same, then this is the way to go.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm doing the cr-1 and it does feel like no one else from Mexico is doing it too, I just sent the last papers to NVC and I'm hoping for no RFE, as soon as I know something I'll let you know becaus eI was wondering the same, all the info I've seen is for K1

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

01/10/19 NOA date/showed under documents online

01/12/19 Showed online Biometrics appointment had been created

01/15/19 Received NOA in the mail

01/15/19 Biometrics appointment showed under documents online

01/18/19 Received Biometrics appointment in the mail

01/29/19 Biometrics Appointment @Dallas

02/08/19 Interview appointment was scheduled 

03/19/19 Interview @ Fort Smith, AR (passed)

07/04/19 Naturalization Ceremony

Timeline

Just remember to prep your fiance's before the medical interview. When they ask if your fiance/husband if he/she has ever tried drugs the answer is NO, NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

We got a 3 year ban because my fiance admitted to smoking 1 joint 6 months prior to the interview. The medical personnel coaxed him "No, it's ok, you can tell us the truth, nothing will happen to you" - plus they have all these signs hanging around the medical to scare them saying "If you lie to a gov't official it's a 200K fine" and stuff like that. Save yourselves the headaches and prep your fiances - the answer to the drug question is NO!

8 more months until our ban is up - *sigh* waiting waiting.

March 15, 2007 - I-129F Sent

March 20, 2007 - NOA1 Received

March 23, 2007 - Touched, April 4, 2007 - Touched , April 5, 2007 - Touched

April 18, 2007 - RFE Email received (waiting for snailmail to see what it is they need)

April 23, 2007 - Received RFE in the mail, mailed out RFE to USCIS using express mail, will get there tomorrow (come on NOA2!)

April 25, 2007 - USCIS Received my RFE info and case has resumed processing

April 26, 2007 - Touched, April 27, 2007 - Touched, April 28, 2007 - TOUCHED AGAIN!

May 10, 2007 - NOA2 Email notification (It took 56 days)

May 16, 2007 - Received NOA2 Notice in snail mail

May 18, 2007 - Received Letter from NVC that they are sending our packet to Juarez Consulate this week

May 26, 2007 - Received Fiance Packet!!!!!!

June 5, 2007 - Medical

June 6, 2007 - Interview at Juarez - Visa Denied (Fiance admitted to smoking marijuana cigarette 6 months before the interview, labeled a 'DRUG ADDICT")

November 18, 2009: I sent an inquiry thru the Juarez website asking about our upcoming end to our ban, what to do etc.

December 14, 2009 - Received a reply from the consulate saying that they will forward a request to the immigration department to request a new appt

December 16, 2009 - Received an email from the consulate saying they are ready for my fiance to come for an open appt anytime

February 2, 2010 - Medical - Trip back to Psych far away in dirty office

February 3, 2010 - Pick up Medical Results

February 4, 2010 - Interview, given form 221(g) "Admin Review" and to come back in 6 months for another medical examination. #######.

Timeline

Does anyone know if they are opening after May 15 for sure? I have everything ready and I just have go to the interview. I just don't want to book my plane ticket and hotel and then them have them postpone the date for resuming the interviews.

Cheers everyone

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Mexico City, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-08

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-02-27

NVC Received : 2009-03-02

NVC Left : 2009-03-13

Consulate Received : 2009-03-16

Packet 3 Received : 2009-04-28

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-04-29

Packet 4 Received : 2009-04-28

Interview Date : 2009-05-19 Around 9 am

Visa Received : 2009-05-19 Around 2 pm

US Entry : 2009-30-05

Marriage : 2009-12-06

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 81 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 162 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.