waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Hello, I still am kinda new to the Visa Jorney website. I have found this to be very helpful, My fiances case was fowarded to the Consolate in Ciudad juarez on april 7th, It was delyaed at the NVC for 49 days for additional Processing!! GRR!! Am i suppose to call Juarez now or when? are they going to send a letter or a package or soemthing? I am not too sure. THanks!

I would recommend waiting a month, but because of the medical situation the embassy's are closed until May 6. Since nobody is working, applications/petitions are not being processed.

Wait about a month and a half. Call and ask if the invitation letter has been send out. If it has, start making travel arrangements. If not then wait a little more just in case it comes in the mail or call again.

Note: You don't have to wait for the letter to arrive to start organizing all the paperwork your fiance needs for the interview. You will not get a package in the mail only a letter with a website address:

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/immigr...visa-forms.html Fiance Visa Forms

The website will direct you to all the information you need for the interview. Please, please, please take your time in reading all the information, everything you need is there. If you try to do things fast you will get nervous and stress yourself.

In either case, any questions the forum is here.

C

229248abu3e9v4w9.gif

• AOS Status
  • 03-10-11 Day 00 = AOS FedEx overnight
  • 03-11-11 Day 01 = AOS at Chicago Lockbox FedEx Confirmation
  • 04-11-11 Day 32 = AOS Text/eMail Confirmation
  • 04-14-11 Day 35 = NOA (EAD & AOS)
  • 04-15-11 Day 36 = Bio-Metrics NOA
  • 05-10-11 Day 61 = Bio-Metrics Appointment
  • 05-17-11 Day 68 = Submitted Request to Correct Name on 485 & 765
  • 05-23-11 Day 74 = Status online shows I-765 (EAD) Approved
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = EAD arrived in the mail
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = Went to SSA office (name wrong on Master Immigration List)
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = InfoPass to correct name
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = SSA office again Pending name update
  • 06-??-11 Day ?? = Received Social Security Card
  • 08-03-11 Day 146 = AOS Interview

Hello, I still am kinda new to the Visa Jorney website. I have found this to be very helpful, My fiances case was fowarded to the Consolate in Ciudad juarez on april 7th, It was delyaed at the NVC for 49 days for additional Processing!! GRR!! Am i suppose to call Juarez now or when? are they going to send a letter or a package or soemthing? I am not too sure. THanks!

NVC will send you a letter saying that an approved fiance visa on you your behalf is being sent to ciudad juarez to be further processed or something like that. That is when you know that it eventually will be there (and wait a bit before you call so you give it time to get there). They will send you guys a fiance packet, which has the directins of what to do next and what papers you will need for the ciudad juarez interview. DO NOT RELY JUST ON THE PAPERWORK THEY SEND YOU FOR COMPLETE INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alot of the info is missing, so look at the guides or double check with somebody on visajourney before you go to make sure you have everything that you need.

AND alot of people mention a packet, we never got a packet...just a letter!

I second "buggylifer". We only received a letter also.

C

229248abu3e9v4w9.gif

• AOS Status
  • 03-10-11 Day 00 = AOS FedEx overnight
  • 03-11-11 Day 01 = AOS at Chicago Lockbox FedEx Confirmation
  • 04-11-11 Day 32 = AOS Text/eMail Confirmation
  • 04-14-11 Day 35 = NOA (EAD & AOS)
  • 04-15-11 Day 36 = Bio-Metrics NOA
  • 05-10-11 Day 61 = Bio-Metrics Appointment
  • 05-17-11 Day 68 = Submitted Request to Correct Name on 485 & 765
  • 05-23-11 Day 74 = Status online shows I-765 (EAD) Approved
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = EAD arrived in the mail
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = Went to SSA office (name wrong on Master Immigration List)
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = InfoPass to correct name
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = SSA office again Pending name update
  • 06-??-11 Day ?? = Received Social Security Card
  • 08-03-11 Day 146 = AOS Interview

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
The Swine flu thing is really scarying me !!! :unsure: This morning my fiance read that there are 6 cases already found in Juarez about the swine flu. :reading: He has also been hearing rumors that the consulate will be closing during the whole week :crying: . I'd advice anyone who is getting ready to attend the K-1 interview to call before making the arrangements or just keep posted on news, It would be horrible to come from a far away place just for nothing. Of course all of this is just rumors, things we've heard but have not been confirmed. Hopefully things will clear up soon and we won't have to worry about anything.

Well I hope your right epifreak and this whole issue with the swine flu clears up soon because I wouldn't want to make arrangements for nothing. My question is for people who have already gotten their visa. From what I read which has been really helpful is. Is it safe to say that you will have to wait one day after the interview to obtain the visa unless your lucky and get it that same day? Also, if the interview is on a Friday is it very likely you will have to wait until Monday?

I would make an effort to get there Monday if possible, get the physical, the interview and stay away from FRIDAY and avoid having to stay over the weekend! We had to wait an extra day.

This might be kinda of a dumb question, but hey someone must ask it.

Do have to wait until the exact date of the interview to go to ciudad juarez. From what I understood is no. The type of visa we're going with is the I-130 (CR-1).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

NVC will send you a letter saying that an approved fiance visa on you your behalf is being sent to ciudad juarez to be further processed or something like that. That is when you know that it eventually will be there (and wait a bit before you call so you give it time to get there). They will send you guys a fiance packet, which has the directins of what to do next and what papers you will need for the ciudad juarez interview. DO NOT RELY JUST ON THE PAPERWORK THEY SEND YOU FOR COMPLETE INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alot of the info is missing, so look at the guides or double check with somebody on visajourney before you go to make sure you have everything that you need.

AND alot of people mention a packet, we never got a packet...just a letter!

I second "buggylifer". We only received a letter also.

C

They use to send a packet but not anymore. I guess they realized the material they were sending was too old and people would just print new forms on the website. :blush:

If you got the letter then your good to go. Except that the Consulate is now closed and I've heard on the news that they will not be prossessing anymore visas until further notice. :angry:

Well nonimmigrant visas (atleast that's what they said) and I'm assuming that a k-1 visas counts as a nonimmigrant visa. :help:

I guess we are going to have to wait a bit longer. They didn't say when they would start to process again, they only said,"until further notice".

I'M DYING HERE!!! :cry:

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 10/07/2008

I-129F NOA1 : 10/09/2008

I-129F NOA2 : 02/17/2009

Received Invitation Letter: 03/18/2009

Interview Approved: 5/19/2009

Travel to US: 6/28/2009

Married: 8/13/2009

Adjustment of Status (Green Card)

Sent : 02/11/2010

NOA : 02/18/2010

Biometrics : 03/16/2010

Interview Approved : 05/25/2010

Green Card in Hand : 06/22/2010

Removal of Conditions

Sent : 05/18/2012

Delivery Confirmation: 5/21/2012

Timeline

Do have to wait until the exact date of the interview to go to ciudad juarez. From what I understood is no. The type of visa we're going with is the I-130 (CR-1).

I know that for a k-1 visa you don't have to wait but for a k-3 visa (Spouse/Husband) I had the impretion that you did have to wait. That's why the give you a specific date. For a k-1 visa we are told we have an open date meaning we can go when we are ready in a lapse of 4 months.

K-1 Visa

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Thank you for all the Info. It almost has been a month, I never got a notice from the NVC, I just called them and found out that they sent it apirl 7th, I was going to call tomarow, but I guess not! THis really sucks, so many of us have been waiting so long and theres another hiccup! I read the Wedsite for the Consolate and it said that it would be closed till may 6th. So i guess i wont call till then.

Timeline

I know was Monterrey and Mexico embassy closed but I dont know about the CDJ. It seems will be close. Aw we cant be more unlucky lol we just got our package yesterday to stared the process, well I guess will be a good time so we have all the forms fill up. But if everything goes good with all of us we will be getting it on 15 days :wacko:

Timeline

Bad timing for all of us I guess. I just received the packet from the consulate but I guess we all have to wait now until May 6.

Good luck everyone

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Mexico City, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-08

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-02-27

NVC Received : 2009-03-02

NVC Left : 2009-03-13

Consulate Received : 2009-03-16

Packet 3 Received : 2009-04-28

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-04-29

Packet 4 Received : 2009-04-28

Interview Date : 2009-05-19 Around 9 am

Visa Received : 2009-05-19 Around 2 pm

US Entry : 2009-30-05

Marriage : 2009-12-06

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 81 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 162 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I know that for a k-1 visa you don't have to wait but for a k-3 visa (Spouse/Husband) I had the impretion that you did have to wait. That's why the give you a specific date. For a k-1 visa we are told we have an open date meaning we can go when we are ready in a lapse of 4 months.

Another question I have is how far in advance do you have to do your medical for the interview?

I was told that it would have to be done 5 days in advance for a CR-1 visa. I was under the impression that it could be done the day before the interview. Also about how much would it be for the vaccines are required? I know its like $148.50 for the medical and $175.00 for the visa. Any info is appreciated thanks.

Timeline
Bad timing for all of us I guess. I just received the packet from the consulate but I guess we all have to wait now until May 6.

Good luck everyone

We need to figure out if the CDJ Consulate is closed for K-1 appointments until May 6 or May 8. This is what their website is showing on the following link from the homepage (http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/h1n1.html):

"K-1 (fiancée) applicants and approved waiver applicants who have received an open appointment letter may continue with their open appointments after May 8th."

Has anyone contacted the consulate today to ask about their policy?

Timeline

I haven't called them because I saw this in their website.

Consulate General Operations

All immigrant visa appointments are cancelled at the U.S. Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez beginning Thursday, April 30th through Friday, May 8th. The immigrant visa panel physicians will also be closed during this timeframe.

It has more information regarding all their visa services. Hope this links helps.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Mexico City, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-08

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-02-27

NVC Received : 2009-03-02

NVC Left : 2009-03-13

Consulate Received : 2009-03-16

Packet 3 Received : 2009-04-28

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-04-29

Packet 4 Received : 2009-04-28

Interview Date : 2009-05-19 Around 9 am

Visa Received : 2009-05-19 Around 2 pm

US Entry : 2009-30-05

Marriage : 2009-12-06

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 81 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 162 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Timeline

Another question I have is how far in advance do you have to do your medical for the interview?

I was told that it would have to be done 5 days in advance for a CR-1 visa. I was under the impression that it could be done the day before the interview. Also about how much would it be for the vaccines are required? I know its like $148.50 for the medical and $175.00 for the visa. Any info is appreciated thanks.

Again for a K-1 you can do it one day before but I'm not quite sure what it is for a CR-1 visa. Because it is a different type of visa, I'm assuming it should be better to do as you were told. Like for example I know that for a k-1 you don't need vaccinations but under a K-3 process you do need vaccinations. Maybe for a CR-1 you need something else like an exam that takes longer to be ready and maybe that's why it is advisable to have it done five days in advance (otherwise the results won't be ready by the time you do your interview.)

Of course don't take my word for it since I'm only experienced in the K-1 process. Try to find people that are doing the same process as you, maybe they can be of better advise.

K-1 Visa

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I've been incomunicado for a while as we adjust to our new life together here in the U.S. We are getting married on July 3rd, which will be just short of 90 days after her entry. When do we start the AOS process and what are the first steps? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Are there any other threads out there that I should be looking at for more information?

Thank You!!

Hello Everyone,

I've been incomunicado for a while as we adjust to our new life together here in the U.S. We are getting married on July 3rd, which will be just short of 90 days after her entry. When do we start the AOS process and what are the first steps? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Are there any other threads out there that I should be looking at for more information?

Thank You!!

Even though you arnt going to be getting married for awhile, you can start your paperwork right away. I-485, I-131, I-765 are probably what you are going to want, and most of what they require as far as paperwork and proof is stuff that either you used for the fiance visa interview as proof, or you got the info when you crossed the boarder like I-94 and copies of your fiance's passport info page and her k-1 visa and that kind of stuff. You are 'technically' supposed to have your AOS paperwork submitted BEFORE the 90's run out, so you might want to try to do that. I have never heard of people getting penalyzed for not doing it, but it is 'frowned' upon, an may cause complications apparently. Good luck.

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

I-129F NOA1 : April 5, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : April 28, 2008

NVC Left : Aug.18, 2008

Packet 3 Received: Sept. 3, 2008

Interview Date : Dec. 18, 2008

APPROVED!!!!

Dec. 19, 2008- Alfredo comes home!

Jan. 5, 2009: Alfredo and I become husband and Wife

March 10, 2009 AOS paperwork sent, will wait for it to arrive via tracking #

March 12, 2009 AOS paperwork arrives in Chicago

March 23, 2009 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

April 10, 2009-Biometrics appt. done, in and out in 15 minutes

Nov. 18, 2009-Card production ordered

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Timeline

Hello I have a question on ds-156 on the last part where it asks if someone else prepared the form on the applicants behaf do I put myself the fiance as that person because i am filling out all forms for him and he is not present

thanks for the help :wacko: and all confused with all this process

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.