waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks tglea. My documents are in Spanish so I'm good now.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Mexico City, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-08

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-02-27

NVC Received : 2009-03-02

NVC Left : 2009-03-13

Consulate Received : 2009-03-16

Packet 3 Received : 2009-04-28

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-04-29

Packet 4 Received : 2009-04-28

Interview Date : 2009-05-19 Around 9 am

Visa Received : 2009-05-19 Around 2 pm

US Entry : 2009-30-05

Marriage : 2009-12-06

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 81 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 162 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Timeline

Hello, i am new to visa journey, and i had a question, i recieved my NOA 2 Notice on feb. 17. I finally called the NVC and they said that it is going through additional processing, that is really making me worried, did anyone else get this for thier k-1?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hello, i am new to visa journey, and i had a question, i recieved my NOA 2 Notice on feb. 17. I finally called the NVC and they said that it is going through additional processing, that is really making me worried, did anyone else get this for thier k-1?

Seems a little strange. Perhaps they just implemented some new system(which, in government, usually makes things slower and worse). My NOA2 notice was Jan. 9, 2009, letter from NVC was Jan. 20, 2009 and the invitation letter from Juarez was Feb. 10, 2009.

Perhaps you could start a new thread with your question in the forum instead of only in the Juarez thread. Maybe someone else has had some recent problems with the NVC.

Filed: Timeline
Hi everyone.

I'm going soon to the consulate in Juarez for my interview and I had a couple of questions.

= Does my fiance have to attend the interview or with just me (the beneficiary) its ok?

= Do my documents have to be translated? (birth certificate, police records, etc?) they are apostilled right now but I was wondering if I had to translate them.

Cheers everyone and thanks cici for the incredibly detailed and helpful comment.

Just you for the interview.

Sorry, I don't know about the translation.

Good Luck.

Paul

Timeline
Hi everyone.

I'm going soon to the consulate in Juarez for my interview and I had a couple of questions.

= Does my fiance have to attend the interview or with just me (the beneficiary) its ok?

= Do my documents have to be translated? (birth certificate, police records, etc?) they are apostilled right now but I was wondering if I had to translate them.

Cheers everyone and thanks cici for the incredibly detailed and helpful comment.

You will have to stay outside, she has to go alone to the interview...

Spanish is good you don't need to translate is thats the case

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 08-21-2008

I-129F NOA1 : 08-29-2008

I-129F NOA2 : 01-28-2009

NVC Received : 02-02-2009

NVC Left : 02-02-2009

Consulate Received : 02-02-2009

Packet 3 Sent from Juarez: 03-02-2009

Packet 3 Received : 03-12-2009

Interview Date : 03-25-2009

Visa Received : Approved!!!!!

DHL received: 03-26-2009 around 4

Date of US Entry: 04-15-2009

Date of Wedding: 04-19-2009

I-129f was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Timeline

Well, my fiancee and her daughter just checked into the Holiday Inn and her first impression was that it is very nice. She said that the area around the hotel/consulate looks nice and new. She mentioned that there were a lot of military at the airport and she saw several trucks full of military while taking the taxi to the hotel. The taxi driver told her that this is the nicest area of the city and that she shouldn't be worried about anything during the day.

Tomorrow they will go for their medical exams. If there is any relevant/helpful info from that, I will post it tomorrow.

Timeline
Well, my fiancee and her daughter just checked into the Holiday Inn and her first impression was that it is very nice. She said that the area around the hotel/consulate looks nice and new. She mentioned that there were a lot of military at the airport and she saw several trucks full of military while taking the taxi to the hotel. The taxi driver told her that this is the nicest area of the city and that she shouldn't be worried about anything during the day.

Tomorrow they will go for their medical exams. If there is any relevant/helpful info from that, I will post it tomorrow.

Yeah, She will be safe!! Good luck!

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 08-21-2008

I-129F NOA1 : 08-29-2008

I-129F NOA2 : 01-28-2009

NVC Received : 02-02-2009

NVC Left : 02-02-2009

Consulate Received : 02-02-2009

Packet 3 Sent from Juarez: 03-02-2009

Packet 3 Received : 03-12-2009

Interview Date : 03-25-2009

Visa Received : Approved!!!!!

DHL received: 03-26-2009 around 4

Date of US Entry: 04-15-2009

Date of Wedding: 04-19-2009

I-129f was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Timeline

Everything went fine for the medicals on Friday. I'm glad she got her HPV vaccine done here before she went, because they were going to give it to her there for double the price we paid in Queretaro. That is the one vaccine that I could never get a definite answer about. I really think that vaccine is required now for women 26 and under no matter what visa it is for. She said she told the doctor she was getting a K1 but she told her that it was still required that she had to get it so then she took out the letter from her doctor here and gave it to the doctor there. Either way, it's required for the AOS so we needed to have it done anyway. She said the medical was simple and fast and that the doctor told her she looked healthy so she didn't even examine her. Just a few questions about drugs, alcohol and children. She said they didn't do anything for her daughter except the TB tests. She got her results back that afternoon and they told her that her daughter's results for the K2 will be ready on Monday afternoon. I assume, but I don't know for sure, that they would inform you if some problem was found with the medical test instead of sending you to the interview with a problem.

She told me that there isn't any sort of convenience store or supermarket or pharmacy in the area that she has found yet. She said that she asked several people as well. She said that sort of sucks because things like water or snacks are pretty expensive in the hotel or the mall across the street. Also, she said that food seems to be really expensive everywhere she has been(we live in the heart of Mexico so things are pretty reasonable here). That doesn't surprise me though. I'm sure all the businesses in the area know why most of the people are there, they have ties to the USA and most aren't going to venture to far away to find a better price.

Finally, she found out from the information window at the consulate that the price for the K2 is the same as the K1(what a rip off). So she had to go to the Banamex there and pay the difference for the K2. We were told by the Banamex here in Queretaro that it was only 221pesos for a child( I suspect that is right for a tourist visa and that's probably all they ever deal with at the banks here). I didn't think that was correct but I could never get/find a definite answer on VJ.

That's all for now. They will go to the interview on Tuesday so I'll have more info after that.

Timeline
Has anyone been able to contact Juarez at all about visa information? The numbers they have on their website won't work for me. I'm trying to find out if they have sent the letter (package 3). Thanks

Here are the numbers

Call and pay for the service using a credit card Within Mexico: 01-477-788-7070 ($57.50 Mexican pesos per call payable by Visa or MasterCard plus a charge for the long distance call) Within USA: 1800-919-1754 ($7.00 USD per call payable by Visa or MasterCard).

CALL CENTER HOURS OF OPERATION Monday-Friday 7am-9pm Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays 9am-3pm the caller must have the CDJ case number(s) of each applicant available when he/she calls.

Filed: Timeline
Has anyone been able to contact Juarez at all about visa information? The numbers they have on their website won't work for me. I'm trying to find out if they have sent the letter (package 3). Thanks

I can't help with the number BUT..........................you do NOT have to wait for the packet. The contents of which are all available on the website. All you have to do is turn up at the information window at the consulate and ask them to print out the letter. Once you get the telephone number call them and make sure they have issued the letter first. I was told it could take up to 4 weeks to arrive.

Paul

Timeline

We are also in "additional processing" at the NVC. There is a thread about it in the NVC forum.

2007-11-30: I-129F received by CSC

2008-02-04: NOA1

2009-03-02: NOA2

2009-03-12: Received by NVC

2009-04-16: Sent to consulate

2009-05-23: Packet 3 received

Timeline
We are also in "additional processing" at the NVC. There is a thread about it in the NVC forum.

Yea I Found it, hopefully i will be starting to post here once it gets thourgh the NVC, and on to Juarez, this is a great theread, i have learned alot from it.

Timeline

Approved, but it wasn't easy!!!!! :blink:

Long story short, she said the consular lady wasn't nice at all and she wanted to see OUR son's American passport. I listed his name on the applications but I never thought it would be such a problem. I didn't think it was that hard to figure out that since I'm his father, he didn't need a visa. She had to almost beg her and explain to her that it has been so expensive to do this and that Queretaro isn't close and the cost to come back again would be almost impossible. She said that she didn't even say she was approved but just told her to go to pay at DHL, so then she took a few steps and turned around and asked if she was approved. The lady said yes but in a not so nice tone of voice.

Someone please tell me that I shouldn't worry. I don't think they would send you to DHL if you're not approved? Also, I would think they would have given her some sort of piece of paper giving the reason or request for more info if it wasn't approved?

So this is a weird feeling. I want to be excited but at the same time I have this little bit of doubt in my head so I don't think I'll be happy until she has the visa in her hand.

Can someone tell me if the number from DHL is strictly numbers or if it has letters in it too? She gave me the number that they said to give when she calls so I assume that is the same number to use online. Does it take a few hours for anything to show up online? I tried checking but it says that it isn't in the system or something.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.